Some good news on Trump

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
As an Independent, I didn't vote for Donald Trump, and he's not off to a good start. His travel bans are overturned by the courts, cities and states are setting up sanctuary areas in defiance of his immigration policy's, his attempt to repeal and replace Obamacare was a failure despite the GOP controlling both houses of Congress, the Senate had to change it's own rules just to get his supreme court pick approved, the wall along the Mexican boarder is becoming a distant memory, his job approval numbers are lousy, and the airbase in Syria he just attacked was back in operation 48 hours after he spent 100 million dollars on cruise missiles attacking it. Not a pretty report card! However....there is now some good news: "The Donald" has finally realized he cannot bully and intimidate people in order to get his way like he did in the business world. Governing involves building relationship's with members of both party's, and giving each at least some of what they want in order to get legislation passed. That's the way it's been done in America for over 200 years, and that's the way it will be done long after "The Donald" is gone. Perhaps the rise of H.R. McMaster, Jared Kushner, and Ivanka Trump, and the demotion of Bannon are responsible for this. Whatever the reason, let us give The Donald some credit here. He got off to a pretty rocky start, but he seems to be on a better path. Let's hope it continues....

He has done a lot of good things. Sadly, they were done with EOs instead of doing it correctly and not abusing his power.
I agree with the travel ban and hope it gets enacted.
He is failing a lot. A lot of it being his failure to negotiate, which, I thought, was one of his strongest qualities..
IDK I guess we will see.
I am so fucking tired of the war mongering, too!

"He got off to a pretty rocky start, but he seems to be on a better path."

I haven't seen this. Please post a link.

But, he's always been a big mouth, a liar, bloviating and blustering to cover a life time of failures. He's 70yo. He's not going to change.

He has done a lot of good things. Sadly, they were done with EOs instead of doing it correctly and not abusing his power.
He is failing a lot. A lot of it being his failure to negotiate, which, I thought, was one of his strongest qualities..
IDK I guess we will see.

Trumps a liberal bussines man a huge learning curve dealing with career political hacks like Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters and the likes of the rights Grover Norquist...

As an Independent, I didn't vote for Donald Trump, and he's not off to a good start. His travel bans are overturned by the courts, cities and states are setting up sanctuary areas in defiance of his immigration policy's, his attempt to repeal and replace Obamacare was a failure despite the GOP controlling both houses of Congress, the Senate had to change it's own rules just to get his supreme court pick approved, the wall along the Mexican boarder is becoming a distant memory, his job approval numbers are lousy, and the airbase in Syria he just attacked was back in operation 48 hours after he spent 100 million dollars on cruise missiles attacking it. Not a pretty report card! However....there is now some good news: "The Donald" has finally realized he cannot bully and intimidate people in order to get his way like he did in the business world. Governing involves building relationship's with members of both party's, and giving each at least some of what they want in order to get legislation passed. That's the way it's been done in America for over 200 years, and that's the way it will be done long after "The Donald" is gone. Perhaps the rise of H.R. McMaster, Jared Kushner, and Ivanka Trump, and the demotion of Bannon are responsible for this. Whatever the reason, let us give The Donald some credit here. He got off to a pretty rocky start, but he seems to be on a better path. Let's hope it continues....
lol But you're an independent.

IDK I guess we will see.

Trumps a liberal bussines man a huge learning curve dealing with career political hacks like Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters and the likes of the rights Grover Norquist...
Good point. It is a totally different environment.

What was wrong with the OP to make you question it? Not everyone is a political hack like you.

What was wrong with the OP to make you question it? Not everyone is a political hack like you.
Says the political hack.

Says the political hack.
hey, you said something you didn't receive in an email from the RNC! Nice!

Or did you? :dunno:

Says the political hack.

Someday you may actually develop an interest is the issues. Let's hope that day is not too far in the future.

Says the political hack.

Someday you may actually develop an interest is the issues. Let's hope that day is not too far in the future.
LOL ok

No, really...What's the good news?

And what has he done besides those embarrassing "exec orders" that are actually just tweets in fancy covers? I cringe every time he holds it up, Romper Room Show And Tell, for the camera.

Thankfully, his golf game hasn't suffered and he has profited immensely from his scamming the American people. Other than that?

Just his usual lying, posturing, lying, bragging and lying.

Did I mention lying?

And what has he done besides those embarrassing "exec orders" that are actually just tweets in fancy covers? I cringe every time he holds it up, Romper Room Show And Tell, for the camera.

Thankfully, his golf game hasn't suffered and he has profited immensely from his scamming the American people. Other than that?

Did I mention lying?

And some of those executive order's cannot even be enforced because they were legislated and require the legislature also to act.

Trump is a douche for four months ... he tells the Navy to launch 59 missiles, and now he's on the right track.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

On a better path? What, for like a day and a half? And you're crediting nepotism? Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

I agree, Trump has a long way to go. But I believe in giving credit where it's due.

Yet you gave him no credit for getting an extremely qualified judge on SCOTUS or signing a dozen or so bills to kill ridiculous regulations saving the economy almost 100 billion a year. Then there's the more friendly business environment where companies have committed not to leave and in some cases are bringing jobs back from overseas. Could more have been done, yes, but much as already been accomplished and if congress would get their act together much more can be.

Been here, done that. May seem differently for a day or two but Trump ain't changing.

The Pivot! into adulthood isn't going to happen at 70, he is who he is - a small man scrambling desperately for greatness.

Did I mention lying?

And some of those executive order's cannot even be enforced because they were legislated and require the legislature also to act.

He doesn't know that and he's banking on his followers not knowing it either. And sure nuff, he's right.

What still pisses me off the most (so far!), was him signing an EO, in front of desperate miners and his bald faced lie that it would get their jobs back. All it did was give 1%er's permission to empty poison into the water the miners and their families drink.

Pissed me off when he lied to the vet's groups and then stood them up - TWICE - just so he could go play golf. Again.

About his weekly vacations - small businesses are going bankrupt because of him. I read one owner's statement that their business would not last past this summer.

But as long as he can take his vacations every week and continue to enrich himself and his family, that's all that really matters to the poor dumb schlubs who voted for him.

Forum List

Back