Soldiers and PTSD

I just walked a longer and harder walk.
You claim to respect combat infanteers yet a paragraph or two you insult them?
Concurrent to my service as a professional combat infanteer I also studied and qualified as a Registered Mental Nurse.
I worked on Bank( per diem ) at a secure forensic psychiatric unit in the British NHS.
For schizophrenia the Ericsson tool is preferred for assisting in diagnostics.
Which diagnostic tool is used to diagnose PTSD?
What are the symptoms of PTSD, can it ever be diagnosed organically?

You are full of shit.
You were never a medic, never served.
You are probably an obese 50 year old who still lives in his parents home and insists the paperboy calls him Doctor.
I'm no gambling man.
I would put money on that though !!

Hey, great! I'll be proud to take your money!
How much are ready to lose? 10K? 20K? your call.
For the record I will prove that I am as pictured (except older) and described in the bio. here
: Harold E. Keim: Remember
And I'm willing to make a 5K side bet that you were never awarded a CIB.
When you are ready we find a mutually acceptable judge in Reno or elsewhere where such bets are legal/

Just for grins and giggles this is a link to my old unit's website:

WELCOME TO BINH PHUOC !

great site doc...hey, page 15 Bravo 2/47, bottom row far right, that a Kit Carson? :eusa_eh:

I'll go look and get back to you. Most (but maybe not all) of our interpreters were Kit Carson scouts. We more often called them Tiger Scouts. We worked on the assumption that they all were in fact spies. The ARVNs got evidence that a few were and promptly shot them.

Last edited:
Hey, great! I'll be proud to take your money!
How much are ready to lose? 10K? 20K? your call.
For the record I will prove that I am as pictured (except older) and described in the bio. here
: Harold E. Keim: Remember
And I'm willing to make a 5K side bet that you were never awarded a CIB.
When you are ready we find a mutually acceptable judge in Reno or elsewhere where such bets are legal/

Just for grins and giggles this is a link to my old unit's website:

WELCOME TO BINH PHUOC !

great site doc...hey, page 15 Bravo 2/47, bottom row far right, that a Kit Carson? :eusa_eh:

I'll go look and get back to you. Most (but maybe not all) of our interpreters were Kit Carson scouts. We more often called them Tiger Scouts. We worked on the assumption that they all were in fact spies. The ARVNs got evidence that a few were and promptly shot them.

nice shot, ma deuce is the shit....

yup, the guy in that pic looks definitely native;)

Not sure I found the right page. (couldn't find any page numbers) but if so both of the 2 guys in the bottom right were obviously Vietnamese by name and sight. That was "B Co." in '69 and I was in "D" Co in '70. I can only repeat the probably I left above.
I mostly worked the aid station(s).

CIB?
Some bullshit give away medal?
I got a us medal for shooting straight!!

Right. You claim to have been Combat Infantry but you don't know what a Combat Infantryman's Badge is. You have obviously never been in the US Army. You haven't forgotten our bets have you? Need odds? 3-to-1?

I was British Army.
We don't get badges and medals for doing what we are paid to do.
We were soldiers not bit scouts.
I do have a us marksmanship medal.
Again, we got no such thing, we were expected to hit our targets!

British Army? Queen of England I might believe...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dm4ypxpvB8]JOHNNY HORTON- "THE BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS" (W/LYRICS) - YouTube[/ame]

why don't you take a break, stop being an ass?

Fuck off dick wad.

I note your hate for those British troops who died for America in Iraq and Afghanistan.

They don't have PTSD!!
Nor do their surviving comrades!!

they may not, but you're acting like you do...I never said squat about the brits asshat.

You posted a video abusing British troops.
Scumbag !!
Let me remind you.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=7972529

Scumbag.

Not sure I found the right page. (couldn't find any page numbers) but if so both of the 2 guys in the bottom right were obviously Vietnamese by name and sight. That was "B Co." in '69 and I was in "D" Co in '70. I can only repeat the probably I left above.
I mostly worked the aid station(s).

Great guys !!
You were never amongst them.
Veterans are never as boastful as you!

I was British Army.
We don't get badges and medals for doing what we are paid to do.
We were soldiers not bit scouts.
I do have a us marksmanship medal.
Again, we got no such thing, we were expected to hit our targets!

British Army? Queen of England I might believe...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dm4ypxpvB8]JOHNNY HORTON- "THE BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS" (W/LYRICS) - YouTube[/ame]

Mmmm feel the same way about the hundreds of British soldiers who died fighting Americas wars in Afghanistan and Iraq ?
100% commitment to the USA and you, scumbag , mock them.
You have class!!
Not .

No, asshole, I'm mocking you; not real British soldiers.
The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were British wars as much as American. Y'all have just let us do the lion's share of the work. Look it up and get someone to read it to you.
The British infantry that attacked us at New Orleans were touted as the best in the world.
They were just back from dealing with Napoleon. We kicked their ass. Badly. Mostly with militia.

why don't you take a break, stop being an ass?

Fuck off dick wad.

I note your hate for those British troops who died for America in Iraq and Afghanistan.

They don't have PTSD!!
Nor do their surviving comrades!!

they may not, but you're acting like you do...I never said squat about the brits asshat.

Blah fucking blah fuck face.
I have no such thing as PTSD.

Can you provide evidence that I do ?
Fuckwit?

Mmmm feel the same way about the hundreds of British soldiers who died fighting Americas wars in Afghanistan and Iraq ?
100% commitment to the USA and you, scumbag , mock them.
You have class!!
Not .

No, asshole, I'm mocking you; not real British soldiers.
The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were British wars as much as American. Y'all have just let us do the lion's share of the work. Look it up and get someone to read it to you.
The British infantry that attacked us at New Orleans were touted as the best in the world.
They were just back from dealing with Napoleon. We kicked their ass. Badly. Mostly with militia.
200 years ago.
The USA does the lions share because it's the USAs war.
The British did the right thing, you clearly do not appreciate it.
How was Afghanistan a British war?
What had Afghanistan ever done to Britain?
Or Iraq?
Americas wars .
The British deployed as many troops per capita as did the USA.
You scumbag hater.

Gosh! I thought those were U.N wars. Like Vietnam except England didn't bother with that one.

Gosh! I thought those were U.N wars. Like Vietnam except England didn't bother with that one.

Not UN.
No blue berets( caps to you).
Bosnia, Herzegovina and Croatia.
They were UN wars.
Not many us troops there.
None in fact!!
You say England?
Retard!!

Vietnam was a us action in support of a us ally that was not a signatory of the NATO charter.

Now , Argentina was not a signatory of the nato charter but the USA was.
When Argentina invaded British soil, did the NATO charter get misplaced?

When one is attacked all are attacked?
Ignore the kids dying in your wars.
Only serves to show you in your true colours.
Scumbag.

UN wars would also include the Greek civil war, Cyprus, the leb.

Not many Americans there........

Rwanda?
Sierra Leone?

Ah well , hater!

Most real, honorable American veterans would be disgusted by your hatred of Americas most loyal ally.

Rwanda?
Sierra Leone?

Ah well , hater!

Most real, honorable American veterans would be disgusted by your hatred of Americas most loyal ally.

And most real British veterans would be disgusted by the slander, name calling, and disrespect shown for myself and my fellow veterans by the person(s) known here as "Pauli". I have no-nor have I expressed any-hatred for British soldiers, veterans, or people in general. "Pauli" is, has been, and shall remain the target of any scorn I express, and rightfully so. If you don't want a fight-don't start one. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the freakin kitchen.

I'm going to try and be as tactful as possible here as I see some people that really don't have a clue voicing uneducated opinions.

1. Vietnam was a SEATO war not an American War, though we did the majority of the fighting. Other SEATO members in the war, Thailand, Australia, Taiwan, New Zealand, The Philippenes, and South Korea.

2. I keep seeing that there is no "diagnostic tool" for PTSD. Well that's what the DSM is, a diagnostic tool, and you must meet a certain amount of "diagnostic criteria" for receiving a diagnosis of PTSD. I do agree that the new diagnostic criteria is much less stringent and will lead to more diagnosis's when the person really doesn't have it and I hate that it is no longer, "out of the realm of normal trauma" as it used to be. It will open a flood gate of fakes, but that does not mean that it isn't a real mental disorder. I know, I've had it for 44 years, and also treated it for 30 before retiring. Because someone fakes a back injury doesn't mean that back injuries aren't real.

3. I also have a Purple Heart and have been a Life Member of the Military Order of the Purple Heart for over 26 years. I don't know one of the members of my chapter that DON'T have PTSD and we have members from WWII to the present day Iraqi and Afghan Wars. One of my brothers is also a former POW in Vietnam and he would love to talk with the member here that mentions something derogatory about Purple Hearts and PTSD. I would not suggest though that you give your uneducated opinion in person to him. In a survey done by the Order, the majority of the Order would not have a problem with awarding the Purple Heart for PTSD. Of course, this was under the old criteria and even I would not support this as I did before. When you don't have to prove your trauma, that immediately rules out giving this award for it as far as I'm concerned and don't believe the Order would now support it.

4. I know Doc Hal personally. I wouldn't take him up on his bet, but it's your money, do what you want. Actually please take him up on the bet and I'd like to be there when you have to pay off. He is also one of the most honorable men I know but I can't blame him for his anger after what I've read on this site.

5. One of my more recent patients before I retired was the recipient of the Navy Cross for his heroism in Falluja. He would also take exception as would two other friends of mine who are MOH recipients, that PTSD is fake. Oh, just let me add Audie Murphy to that list who admitted he had suffered from it until the day he was killed in a plane crash. He worked very hard to get the VA to start treating it as a combat related injury as would any other. He was also in favor of the award of the Purple Heart for it and he had more than his share of those. Again, I doubt under todays criteria.

Anybody is entitled to their opinion, but opinions should be based on fact, not emotion or out of ignorance. So, let's hear the vitriol. I'm a wannabe, liar, sitting in the basement of my parents house, and all the other crap I've seen on this site. No problem. I just tried to present some facts based on fact and personal experience. Do with it what you want.

The criteria for a Purple Heart award is pretty specific. It has to be a wound inflicted by the enemy in a combat situation. There is no pension awarded for a Medal of Honor or a Silver or Bronze Star or Purple Heart award unless the recipient is permanently physically disabled. What are the conditions for a PTSD pension? It doesn't even have to involve combat. A little whining and a good act and you get more than the guy with the Silver Star.

Actually there is a Pension for both MOH recipients and former POW's. Getting VA Service Connected Disability is different then "pension". I am afraid though, you are confusing the 1980 to 2012 diagnostic criteria for PTSD with the new one and are being pretty offensive about it. I agree that the DSM 1V has completely botched the PTSD diagnosis but there will still be Combat Vets that have it and those that don't. I don't have the answer as to how you weed out the non-hackers who are faking it and those that really have it when you no longer have to "prove" the beyond the realm of normal trauma event. It also makes me mad they have changed the "beyond the realm....." criteria. They have made a mockery of a real Disorder.

Rwanda?
Sierra Leone?

Ah well , hater!

And most real British veterans would be disgusted by the slander, name calling, and disrespect shown for myself and my fellow veterans by the person(s) known here as "Pauli". I have no-nor have I expressed any-hatred for British soldiers, veterans, or people in general. "Pauli" is, has been, and shall remain the target of any scorn I express, and rightfully so. If you don't want a fight-don't start one. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the freakin kitchen.
Being a veteran makes it ok for you to say stupid stuff?
You are a retard.

You ragged on the UK for its choice to not invade Vietnam.
You ragged on the UK for not doing enough in Afghanistan or Iraq.

Afghanistan is Americas war.
Britain is assisting.
Your response.
No slander against anyone but you.
This is me responding to you.
You are not a veteran.
I have never met a combat veteran who stomps around boasting about what a great hero he is.
You had a job.
You did it.
End of.
Just like me and millions of others.
Why are you special?
Self centered prick.

Forum List

Back