Solar Spectral Shift And Earths Atmospherics

And a study by Judith Curry that flat out says you are wrong Billy Bob

Mechanisms for Warming of the Oceans

"This paper describes a model that uses the basics of heat transfer to demonstrate than an increase in downwelling infrared radiation associated with increased CO2reduces heat loss from the mixed layer of the ocean, causing the ocean to warm."

And Billy, the day I take intellectual criticism from someone who thinks the Earth's magnetic field holds the atmosphere in place is the day.... well, it's just not going to happen. Your comments about the ignorance of others, given the ignorance you yourself have repeatedly demonstrated, are beyond astounding. Most people would refuse to believe they would ever run into a person as morally lacking and as factually dishonest as you have demonstrated yourself to be.

And, again, you and yours have contended that the vast majority of heat transfer after surface IR is absorbed by GHGs takes place by conduction. If true, whatever issues may exist in the transfer of heat by radiation is irrelevant.

Of course, conduction actually takes place in an even thinner layer of water. So it's time to shift your arguments once again in your never-ending search for support.

Last edited:

"This paper describes a model that uses the basics of heat transfer to demonstrate than an increase in downwelling infrared radiation associated with increased CO2reduces heat loss from the mixed layer of the ocean, causing the ocean to warm."

She provide any observed measured evidence of that, or just an unobservable, unmeasurable untestable model?

A 1.6 kilometer (1 mile) wide spherical comet (for nice, even mathematical purposes), with an average earth crust density of 2.5 metric tonnes per cubic meter (~2.144 billion cubic meters of volume, for a mass of ~5 billion metric tonnes), traveling at 20 meters per second (72,000 kph, or ~44,738 mph), and we have quite an event on our hands.

KE = (½)(5 billion)(72,000)²

KE = 72 gigatons, or 72,000 megatons.

In 1960, at the height of U.S. nuclear weapons power, we had a stockpile of ~20,500 megatons worth of bombs, which is less than ⅓ of the blast energy of the mentioned spherical object.

And Billy, the day I take intellectual criticism from someone who thinks the Earth's magnetic field holds the atmosphere in place is the day.... .

The earth's magnetic field is what keeps the atmosphere from being stripped away....let me guess...you didn't know that either...

engineer my shiny metal ass...

You too? HAHAHAHAHAaaaaa...

So, do you have a high pressure zone around all those magnets on your refrigerator?

She provide any observed measured evidence of that, or just an unobservable, unmeasurable untestable model?

You're going to question Dr Curry? Who will you have left? Oh, silly me, you never had anyone with you, did you.

So, do you have a high pressure zone around all those magnets on your refrigerator?

The stupidity just never stops with you does it?

It's Official: NASA Announces Mars' Atmosphere Was Stripped Away by Solar Winds

Clip: Solar winds blast out from the Sun at around a million miles per hour (about 1.6 million km/h), and fortunately Earth is protected from these by our magnetic field. But although Mars used to have a magnetic field, it lost it as its planet cooled down billions of years ago, and that allowed the ions in its atmosphere to effectively be blown away.

NASA proposes a magnetic shield to protect Mars' atmosphere

Clip: At one time, Mars had a magnetic field similar to Earth, which prevented its atmosphere from being stripped away. Credit: NASA

engineer my shiny metal ass..

You're going to question Dr Curry? Who will you have left? Oh, silly me, you never had anyone with you, did you.

Just the physical laws themselves..good enough for me...at least I know I'm not fooling myself.

Clip: Solar winds blast out from the Sun at around a million miles per hour (about 1.6 million km/h), and fortunately Earth is protected from these by our magnetic field. But although Mars used to have a magnetic field, it lost it as its planet cooled down billions of years ago, and that allowed the ions in its atmosphere to effectively be blown away.

Clip: At one time, Mars had a magnetic field similar to Earth, which prevented its atmosphere from being stripped away. Credit: NASA

You don't have an honest bone in your body, do you.

Billy Bob did not say that the Earth's magnetic field prevented it from being stripped away by the solar wind. He said the magnetic field held the atmosphere in place. NOT the same thing. And when you spoke up in his defense, you KNEW that his assertion was utter nonsense. Jesus, you're a fucking saint, ain't ya.

You don't have an honest bone in your body, do you.

Billy Bob did not say that the Earth's magnetic field prevented it from being stripped away by the solar wind. He said the magnetic field held the atmosphere in place. NOT the same thing. And when you spoke up in his defense, you KNEW that his assertion was utter nonsense. Jesus, you're a fucking saint, ain't ya.

That is what I said....to which you said that it didn't...and I would say that keeping it from being stripped away is pretty much keeping it in place... I put sand bags on a blanket at the beach to keep it in place otherwise the wind will blow it away...

IN late August of 1998 two major solar arrays in the Nevada desert were perplexed by a three to five percent drop in their collected energy. The usual suspects were checked, dirt, rain, clouds, smoke, etc. None of these were identified as the cause.

NASA's ACE space craft had registered a rather odd shift in the solar spectrum which was ignored. It was a shift in energy output drop from 0.2um-0.5um and a corresponding increase around 1.0-1.2um. So subtle that no one even cared, except engineers of solar panels. The band pass of PV panels, which it converts to energy, is primarily in the 0.3 to 0.6 um wave length.

The Cause was a SPECTRAL SHIFT originating on the sun. The energy was simply not making it to earths surface.

How will this type of change affect earths energy balance and its climate engine?

These stupid Moon Bats would think the shift was caused because so many people drive SUVs, or something.

Do YOU have data illustrating the spectral shift that Billy Bob claims has taken place? And I don't find solar panel data to be convincing. It is exactly like you trying to use the space heater industry to refute the world's climate researchers.
Glacial_eras.jpg

See how quickly the ice reacts to the warming trend in the Milankovic cyles? Then look how long it takes to plunge into the next period of continental glaciation. The GHGs that we are putting into the atmosphere have far greater forcing than does the Milankovic Cycles.

Scott Creighton - The Official Website

See, now that part makes me happy about the possibility of humans being able to prevent an ice age rife with mass starvation.

Look at the graph again. It would take us over 20,000 years, by past performance, to reach the point that the cold would begin to affect agriculture. However, the increase in heat, because of the effect it has on the Arctic Ice and atmospheric circulation, is already affecting the agriculture.
I am afraid, Billy Bob, that your claim is complete nonsense. Besides which, as we have all been told by you and others, the GHG trapped heat is far more likely to transfer by conduction than by radiation. That makes your argument about IR absorbed by the ocean (as bogus as it is) to be nothing more than a straw man argument in Billy-Bob-World. I have not seen any of you claim that heat cannot be transferred to the ocean by conduction. Have you?

So are you now claiming back conduction in addition to back radiation? Really? Got any observed, measured evidence of back conduction? Will it be back convection next?

Actually, we have multiple examples of observed back radiation. But you claim that was produced by the air a micron from the lens of the spectrometer. That wouldn't matter as it would still be back-radiation, but like everything else, you will simply reject it out of hand.

Actually, we have multiple examples of observed back radiation. But you claim that was produced by the air a micron from the lens of the spectrometer. That wouldn't matter as it would still be back-radiation, but like everything else, you will simply reject it out of hand.

No you don't...you have examples of energy moving from the warmer atmosphere to the cooler instrument...that is only evidence of being fooled by instrumentation...

Dude, the science is settled, the Sun has no impact on our climate

So why do you believe that? After all, it seems rather contrary to common sense.

A long time ago, your Cult determined that CO2 was the driver, the Suns impact was minimal. Don't you ALWAYS assign the EXACT SAME ENERGY OUTPUT FROM THE BIG YELLOW THING IN THE SKY?

Hmmm, which is it Dude?

Without referring to "magic beans", please describe the mechanism by which atmospheric CO2 generate the additional heat to warm the deep oceans

No. That information has been posted here repeatedly and is easily available. The manner of your query tells me you don't care anyway. More trolling.

Yeah, making shit up again just like the never once posted experiment showing the relationship between a 120ppm CO2 increases and temperature.

How much energy is required to heat 1 cubic liter of water 1C?

IN late August of 1998 two major solar arrays in the Nevada desert were perplexed by a three to five percent drop in their collected energy. The usual suspects were checked, dirt, rain, clouds, smoke, etc. None of these were identified as the cause.

NASA's ACE space craft had registered a rather odd shift in the solar spectrum which was ignored. It was a shift in energy output drop from 0.2um-0.5um and a corresponding increase around 1.0-1.2um. So subtle that no one even cared, except engineers of solar panels. The band pass of PV panels, which it converts to energy, is primarily in the 0.3 to 0.6 um wave length.

The Cause was a SPECTRAL SHIFT originating on the sun. The energy was simply not making it to earths surface.

How will this type of change affect earths energy balance and its climate engine?

These stupid Moon Bats would think the shift was caused because so many people drive SUVs, or something.
how do you know it isn't the growth of our cities with buildings made out of bricks, steel and concrete? you have to admit, that is a lot of weight in areas that weren't that heavy before, right?

how do you know it isn't the growth of our cities with buildings made out of bricks, steel and concrete? you have to admit, that is a lot of weight in areas that weren't that heavy before, right?

LOL! Thanks for playing.

Forum List

Back