Solar Spectral Shift And Earths Atmospherics

And yet the oceans are not warming...

figure-3-1.png

Billy Boy, the ENSO 3.4 index is not a direct measure of global ocean heat content or temperature. That information looks more like this:

Ocean_Heat_Content_%282012%29.png
LOL

ZettaJoules....

The effects of which are measured in THOUSANDTHS of a degree. And made to look scary by x and y axis manipulations that have no scientific value..... Your a fucking propagandist. The amount of heat in your graph is 0.0089 deg C. And the MARGIN OF ERROR IS 0.01 deg C.. This means your supposed warming is equal to ZERO... WHICH IS WHAT I POSTED! A reputable scientist or group would have made this clear, but they did not. I can only assume they were deceptive ON PURPOSE!

I find it un-amusing that people who call themselves scientists are DECEIVING PEOPLE FOR AGENDA

Last edited:
The oceans are warming at an alarming pace. Fact. You're arguments are bullshit. Fact. You're claim to understand what is going on. Not a fact.

Got to love it...

DOE and NASA report that their solar array's used to calculate solar panel output loss have now breached an 8.3% LOSS of usable radiation in the 0.2-0.6um band.

As solar panels use a very narrow band within this to generate energy, it shows the loss of down-welling radiation that can warm the oceans is falling off considerably.. Now not only do we have to worry about energy not making it to the surface of the earth but cooling oceans to boot as the majority of ocean warming is done in the 0.2um to 0.8um spectrum of down-welling solar radiation....

I wonder why this information was so hard to find? No one is talking about this. Looks like I need to do some serious digging and verify it with other sources.. If the spectral shift is this massive were in for some serious cooling..

I would be interesting to see how much UV output has decreased in the bands responsible for the production of O3 in the stratosphere.

Here ya go SSDD...

upload_2019-1-28_21-11-7.png

The dropout is massive from 0.2um to 1.8um. Over 11% drop in energy in this band. O3 should be reacting by dissipating because there is insufficient energy to create Ozone, at either pole. This also explains the cooling of equatorial oceans. There is simply a massive change in energy that can penetrate the ocean and warm it.

This dropout has been increasing for 3 years now. Definitely a cooling sun.

Last edited:
The oceans are warming at an alarming pace. Fact. You're arguments are bullshit. Fact. You're claim to understand what is going on. Not a fact.

Only according to your cherry picked models describing heat in terms of zetta joules...much like your claims that a molecule present at 3 parts per billion is destroying the ozone layer...

It is pseudoscience but hey...it's good enough to fool you.

What is your problem with zettajoules? Might it be the result of a misunderstanding on your part?

Would you be happier with zettawatts/second? yotta-ergs/second, zettahorsepower, zettaPferdestärke, zettacheval vapeur, or exafoot-pounds/minute?

Last edited:
A Wiki list of impact craters less than 10,000 years old.

828d6e0d53add4122fb4e168834ba78425827751.png

Then we have the Burckle Crater in the Indian Ocean that appears to have impacted during or right before the rise of Sumeria, when the known written history begins:

Burckle Crater - Wikipedia

And the big one in the "news" lately, is the newly discovered impact crater in Greenland, which may very well be the cause of the Younger Dryas Period, and the subsequent extincion of most North American mega-fauna.

Scientists shocked by massive meteorite

Now, we can compare the ages and yield of these impact craters and compare them to the oxygen isotopes in Greenland:

f61e2f57cd89a955ad75d09b3a1f144510d6ec04.jpeg

The impact of a one-mile-wide comet on Earth would create a blast yield more powerful than the world's combined nuclear arsenals.

Did civilization start 10,000 - 12,000 years ago, or did civilization reboot?

Did written history begin 5,000 years ago, or did it restart?

Do farting cows impact the climate more than regularly-timed celestial impacts, or are we dismissing the insane amount of heat-energy it took to end the Ice Age in under 2,000 years?

We know all about Climate Science already though, right? :420:

Ohhhh...kay then.

I'd like to comment on Billy Bob's OP for this thread.

Do you have the data showing this spectral shift? Before and after spectra would be nice. So would spectral power figures for the bands you're discussing.

By the way, theory is still spelled T-H-E-O-R-Y, not theroy as you always seem to have it.

Only according to your cherry picked models describing heat in terms of zetta joules...much like your claims that a molecule present at 3 parts per billion is destroying the ozone layer...

It is pseudoscience but hey...it's good enough to fool you.

Why do you think it inaccurate to describe the warming in zetajoules?

Solar Spectral Shift and Earths Atmospherics.

Going to do a little theroy and see where it leads. The Alarmists will deny simple physics while kicking and screaming about their beloved CO2, but hey I like to poke holes in CAGW theroy.

So lets look at the solar down-welling spectrum.

solar-spectrum1.jpg

So we see that the sun has a very broad range with which to transmit its energy onto the earth. The Solar spectrum is generally 0.2um to 2.57um. You will also note the intensity of certain bandwidths which indicates the amount of heat generated by that bandwidth.

What would happen to the earth if just 3% of the heat intensity being delivered in the 0.2um -0.6um suddenly shifted to an area around 1.2um? This question is a rather complex one as it now involves earths atmosphere and how it responds to the varying bands or wavelengths.

I've posted this before however, it is necessary to do it again. Below is the major gases in earths atmosphere and how they pass energy in differing bands.

View attachment 31758

Please note that I have included the Black Body wave lengths in this graph. However, the graph shows how each area or wave length is affected by its passage through earths atmosphere. It is important to understand that if we pass a wave at 0.38um there is little in our atmosphere that stops the energy above the earths surface except for clouds or dust which would stop it from hitting earths surface. The same can not be said for 1.2um where a spike in the CO2 and water vapor would stop this above the surface of the earth in the upper troposphere. Leaving this heat to be easily returned to space and never making it to the surface.
Dude, the science is settled, the Sun has no impact on our climate

Without referring to "magic beans", please describe the mechanism by which atmospheric CO2 generate the additional heat to warm the deep oceans

Without referring to "magic beans", please describe the mechanism by which atmospheric CO2 generate the additional heat to warm the deep oceans

No. That information has been posted here repeatedly and is easily available. The manner of your query tells me you don't care anyway. More trolling.

No. That information has been posted here repeatedly and is easily available. The manner of your query tells me you don't care anyway. More trolling.
What a load of crap.. LWIR is INCAPABLE of warming the oceans directly as it does not go beyond the skin layer and the evaporation process there cools the layer below it making it colder... Tell me again about the second law and what heat does..

LWIR is not warming the oceans because its physical properties and those of water will not allow it.

Go water your magic beans Jack...

I am afraid, Billy Bob, that your claim is complete nonsense. Besides which, as we have all been told by you and others, the GHG trapped heat is far more likely to transfer by conduction than by radiation. That makes your argument about IR absorbed by the ocean (as bogus as it is) to be nothing more than a straw man argument in Billy-Bob-World. I have not seen any of you claim that heat cannot be transferred to the ocean by conduction. Have you?

Glacial_eras.jpg

See how quickly the ice reacts to the warming trend in the Milankovic cyles? Then look how long it takes to plunge into the next period of continental glaciation. The GHGs that we are putting into the atmosphere have far greater forcing than does the Milankovic Cycles.

Scott Creighton - The Official Website

See, now that part makes me happy about the possibility of humans being able to prevent an ice age rife with mass starvation.

Look at the graph again. It would take us over 20,000 years, by past performance, to reach the point that the cold would begin to affect agriculture. However, the increase in heat, because of the effect it has on the Arctic Ice and atmospheric circulation, is already affecting the agriculture.
I am afraid, Billy Bob, that your claim is complete nonsense. Besides which, as we have all been told by you and others, the GHG trapped heat is far more likely to transfer by conduction than by radiation. That makes your argument about IR absorbed by the ocean (as bogus as it is) to be nothing more than a straw man argument in Billy-Bob-World. I have not seen any of you claim that heat cannot be transferred to the ocean by conduction. Have you?

So are you now claiming back conduction in addition to back radiation? Really? Got any observed, measured evidence of back conduction? Will it be back convection next?

BWHAAAAAAAA

You really are ignorant of how the evaporation zone works..

Within the first ten microns of the oceans surface the molecules absorb the LWIR energy. The energy is weak and it is immediately removed by the water vapor. There is no conduction pathway as the water below the first ten microns is COOLER do to evaporation. The heat you talk about never makes it beyond the first ten microns by EMPIRICAL EXPERIMENT!

Go water your magic beans Jack...

Last edited:
Glacial_eras.jpg

See how quickly the ice reacts to the warming trend in the Milankovic cyles? Then look how long it takes to plunge into the next period of continental glaciation. The GHGs that we are putting into the atmosphere have far greater forcing than does the Milankovic Cycles.

Scott Creighton - The Official Website

See, now that part makes me happy about the possibility of humans being able to prevent an ice age rife with mass starvation.

Look at the graph again. It would take us over 20,000 years, by past performance, to reach the point that the cold would begin to affect agriculture. However, the increase in heat, because of the effect it has on the Arctic Ice and atmospheric circulation, is already affecting the agriculture.

So are you now claiming back conduction in addition to back radiation? Really? Got any observed, measured evidence of back conduction? Will it be back convection next?

He doesn't think things through critically. All I can do is shake my head in awe of his total ignorance of how it physically works.. Worse still are those who believe his tripe..

There is no conduction pathway as the water below the first ten microns is COOLER do to evaporation.

You say a layer of heated water resting on top of a layer of cooler water has no conduction pathway down?

Last edited:
A simple explanation showing some of your errors.:

Solar Radiation & Photosynthetically Active Radiation - Environmental Measurement Systems

par_infrared_greenhouse.jpg

Infrared radiation is responsible for warming Earth’s surface and atmosphere.
Infrared light is on the opposite side of the spectrum from ultraviolet light. This radiation has a wavelength of >700 nm and provides 49.4% of solar energy 9. Infrared radiation is readily absorbed by water and carbon dioxide molecules and converted to heat energy 10. The longer wavelengths cause heat by exciting electrons in the substances that absorb them. Thus infrared radiation is responsible for warming Earth’s surface. Infrared light is reflected more than UV or visible light due to its longer wavelengths 10. This reflection allows infrared radiation to transfer heat between the surface, water and the air.

In a body of water, infrared light can only reach a certain distance below the surface. 90% of infrared radiation is absorbed in the first meter of the water’s surface, and only 1% can reach past two meters in pure water 1. This is why the surface of most bodies of water are warmer than the depths.

Forum List

Back