Social Security number poll

Does your SS number Area Code match your residence when issued?

• Yes issued before 1972

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No issued before 1972

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yes issued after 1972

• No issued after 1972

• Total voters

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
The following are what started out as the Area Numbers for SS. It was not the area of residence but the area of the office issuing the number. Also they no longer use Area Numbers and they are randomized as of 2011. In 1972 SS cards were issued from Baltimore and went by Zip Codes. SS is pretty clear that the Area Code indicates nothing and was only a record keeping tool. Yet they have a chart and the offices did have Area Codes. So I was curious how well your number fits. PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL YOUR SS NUMBER!!!

upload_2016-5-30_10-7-47.png
upload_2016-5-30_10-8-19.png
upload_2016-5-30_10-8-50.png
upload_2016-5-30_10-9-25.png

List of Social Security Area Numbers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Social Security History

BTW, my answer is YES, prior to 1972

Come on folks, no one will know how you voted. 15 have viewed this thread but only one vote?

So far 100 percent, thanks for voting, whomever.

come on folks, out of 58 views there are only 5 people willing to answer a simple question?

Why the resistance to such a non-threatening question? At least respond and tell me why.

I would like to hear why the one no vote was no.

Because the numbers didn't match the ones assigned to their area, I'm assuming.

Like duh. What I mean is did they take a trip to another state and for some reason decided to get a ss card.

Some people don't apply for the card for their children for years. My friend growing up didn't have a ss# until she was 16 and wanted a job. She never needed one before, so they never applied for it.

Like duh. What I mean is did they take a trip to another state and for some reason decided to get a ss card.

Some people don't apply for the card for their children for years. My friend growing up didn't have a ss# until she was 16 and wanted a job. She never needed one before, so they never applied for it.

True, but they still applied in a state. That is the question I am asking. Not sure why so many are afraid to answer. It is just something that was in the news and I thought I would see if the Area Codes in fact indicated anything. So far, the answer is yes.

True, but they still applied in a state. That is the question I am asking. Not sure why so many are afraid to answer. It is just something that was in the news and I thought I would see if the Area Codes in fact indicated anything. So far, the answer is yes.
Who the fuck cares?

Who the fuck cares?

Stay out if not invited.

Who the fuck cares?

Stay out if not invited.

Again, WTF difference does it make?

Forum List

Back