So your in front of a cop going a little fast

It absolutly depends on the cop. I've been driving since I was 15 and am now 37...without jinxing myself I will say that I have only one speeding ticket that entire time, when I was 27 years old.

One day on a 35 mph road I was cruising along minding my own business...it was probably about 11 p.m. and I was driving out of town because my mom was in the hospital states away so I was anxious to get there. Well, headlights were behind me creeping up fast...I was probably going about 5 mi. over the speed limit so I pulled over to the right lane...headlights followed and were pretty darn close for a two lane road with just us on it...slowed down...headlights didn't get any farther away...went left...kept up speed...headlights followed...proceeded to gun the engine (had a pretty decent one too so I took off like a shot). Lo' and behold a Virginia state trooper puts the whirlys on and stops me.

Trooper: Ma'am, do you know how fast you were going?

Me: No, not really. You were so very close to me that I became scared and tried to get away.

Trooper: I was following you to see what you'd do.

Me: Do? I shit my pants and gunned the engine to get away from what I thought was a stalker!

Trooper: I just wanted to see if you were stupid enough to speed. You were.

Me: Arent' you a prince...just give me the f'ing ticket.

Well, I paid the damn thing cause I figured in so many years of driving I'd gotten away with my fair share by then.

I don't recall saying I would post one and DK I sent you one ! :D

Forum List

Back