So.......who gotta Facebook?

(R)IGHTeous 1

GOPROUD
Dec 5, 2010
southeast Pennsylvania
I would have no problem adding my friends here on FB. If you wanna, just PM me and I'll give yall my link. I aint postin it on here, as lefties here would likely try to add me only to troll/spam/photoshop me and my photos, yea they are that childish and petty....

Not me.

I loathe privacy invading social networks.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I have a FaceBook but I have only one friend on it; My Wife. She has all of our family, relatives and friends on her FaceBook that way I can look at all of the posts and pics but not be bothered with stupid Farmville and Mafia Wars(?) invites.

Sorry.

Or Foursquare.

That one is really the worst...so far.

I confess to being an avid Facebook fan. In just over a year on Facebook I have reconnected with dozens of old gradeschool, highschool, and college classmates, old friends and associates from former communities and states in which I have lived, and many many relatives that I would not otherwise have much, if any, contact with. Almost all are on Facebook now and I am in a way part of their lives again. I get almost daily updates on what my kids, granddaughter, nieces, nephews, great nieces and nephews are doing and have fun playing Facebook games with them.

I don't put anything on Facebook I would not want known. And the information about me there is pretty well available to anybody who wants it just by doing an internet search. I've pretty well given up eradicating my name, phone number, address, etc. from white pages and other people searches. It is what it is.

I have a facebook account but I have roughly 20 'friends' on it. At first I thought it was great fun, I would look-up some of the women I've slept with, women I tried to sleep with, women I secretly want to sleep with and the odd school friend.

But the problem is that it's too much of an eye-opener with regards to the status updates. You think you know someone (this mainly applies to women), then they digitally announce that they've just bought a pedal bin, or some such nonsense that is equally mind numbingly. After such a random revelation, that are then followed by equally stupid updates, you suddenly ask yourself if everyone is this much of a social tragedy.

I look at it now and again, but I'm not a fan. Message boards are my preferred online habitat

Not on your life. Facebook is a silly way to make friends. Geez, I do not even do that well in real life :lol:

Just kidding, I just don't like collecting friends

Not on your life. Facebook is a silly way to make friends. Geez, I do not even do that well in real life :lol:

Just kidding, I just don't like collecting friends

I don't Facebook to collect or make friends. I have something over 200 'friends' and all but about ten of those are members of my church, old friends, classmates, business associates, and relatives--people I want to keep in contact with. The other ten I took on because I needed farm friends to do certain things in that game. All are friends of friends or relatives. One of those is a friend of my daughter and I met her when we were in DC in October. By virtue of playing the game together we immediately felt like we knew each other and hit it off right away and it is even more fun playing the game with her now.

It's all in what floats anybody's boat though. I'll be honest that I don't understand why anybody wouldn't enjoy it, but variety makes the world go round or so it is said.

Our new tech way of making friends, I am afraid that real human connections may be getting lost.

It is too easy to separate ourselves from the reality some of our friends may be going through. Just an observation

Our new tech way of making friends, I am afraid that real human connections may be getting lost.

It is too easy to separate ourselves from the reality some of our friends may be going through. Just an observation

I think that definitely happens when people use chat rooms and message boards and other 'anonymous' activity as a substitute for actually living ones life with real people. Some people isolate themselves in that way and pretend those 'anonymous' people are actually real friends. Very occasionally such relationships do move into real life with positive results, but more often they don't or the real life experience is not satisfying.

The Facebook experience I have described, however, has produced the opposite effect. Many of us after communicating that way are wanting more up close and personal interaction so meetings are arranged that otherwise would not be, we have had friends and relatives as overnight guests after reconnecting on Facebook, and reunions are being planned. Seriously, it has been a positive experience for almost all of us.

But the problem is that it's too much of an eye-opener with regards to the status updates.

Poop coming out now. Chunky from the peanuts I had last night.
Like - Dislike - Comment
poo.gif

I think that definitely happens when people use chat rooms and message boards and other 'anonymous' activity as a substitute for actually living ones life with real people. Some people isolate themselves in that way and pretend those 'anonymous' people are actually real friends. Very occasionally such relationships do move into real life with positive results, but more often they don't or the real life experience is not satisfying.

The Facebook experience I have described, however, has produced the opposite effect. Many of us after communicating that way are wanting more up close and personal interaction so meetings are arranged that otherwise would not be, we have had friends and relatives as overnight guests after reconnecting on Facebook, and reunions are being planned. Seriously, it has been a positive experience for almost all of us.

VERY good point, I agree, and am proud to say I aint one of those people.

I use FB to keep up with my college friends, other old friends, and past/present/future sexual conquests....and cuz I gotta lil fan following on there now.:cool:

I would have no problem adding my friends here on FB. If you wanna, just PM me and I'll give yall my link. I aint postin it on here, as lefties here would likely try to add me only to troll/spam/photoshop me and my photos, yea they are that childish and petty....

I don't have FB or any other silly networking site. But... if I did.... I sure wouldn't add anyone who has to use their sig to make stupid claims about pwning people.... it's pathetic. Anyone who feels the need to snipe at other posters in their sig is too fucking stupid for me to want to know in RL.

Forum List

Back