So.......who gotta Facebook?

If you're doing shit on facebook that would bother you for someone to know, you're a geek.

I'm just sayin.

I've read about the privacy settings - and I have no faith in them.

Just as GOOG has violated its "don't be EVUL" corporate objective by violating the privacy of its users, so will FB. The only way for it to make money is via Ads and marketing data. The only way to do that is to track what one does and says.

It would behoove you to read the actual policy:

Privacy Policy | Facebook

Anyone with common sense realizes that if something is free, YOU are the product. Difference is, you can put whatever you want on facebook for information. Nobody is putting a gun to your head when you join and forcing you to put in say a telephone # or email.

Just as GOOG has violated its "don't be EVUL" corporate objective by violating the privacy of its users, so will FB. The only way for it to make money is via Ads and marketing data. The only way to do that is to track what one does and says.

Anyone with common sense realizes that if something is free, YOU are the product. Difference is, you can put whatever you want on facebook for information. Nobody is putting a gun to your head when you join and forcing you to put in say a telephone # or email.

My credit card info is on the "Info" tab on my facebook page.

It's cool though, I set privacy so that only CERTAIN friends can see it.

If you're doing shit on facebook that would bother you for someone to know, you're a geek.

I'm just sayin.

I am not. I am rarely there. I am not the kool kid like so many. :lol:

That has NOTHING to do with my privacy.

If you wish for FB to track your social relationships, and cookie your online activity, knock yourself out.

I don't trust them, and prefer not to give them access to my life.

Let me explain.

Doggie the Bubble Mod is of the recent generation which has neither a concept of nor respect for personal privacy. They are exhibitionists on the web, and don't realize how the Big Corporations they detest are exploiting them.

You forgot to tell me to get off your lawn. Any other generalizations you'd like to make?

I don't even use my real name and people STILL have found me. I have no private info of myself there...ie birth date, where I live, nothing.

I don't even use my real name and people STILL have found me. I have no private info of myself there...ie birth date, where I live, nothing.

That means that there's a rat among the people you do have as friends on there.

Check your friends kat! :lol:

DEAR SIR OR MADAM,
MY NAME IS MODBERT. I AM IN DESPRATE NEED. THE GOVERNMENT OF SOMALIA IS TRYING TO TAKE 500 OF MY MILLIONS USD ($500,000,000). pLEASE TO BE PROVIDING A SAFE PLAYCE FOR MY FUNDS, AND I WILL REMITT TO YOU THE SUM OF $10,000,000 USD.
IN THE FAITH OF OUR LORD,
BARRISTER MODBERT

If you wish for FB to track your social relationships, and cookie your online activity, knock yourself out.

I don't trust them, and prefer not to give them access to my life.

By knowing your likes and favorite bands, the EVUL Facebook Corporation will be able to find out your social security #, credit card information, and blueprint of your home.

Careful, don't comment on your friend's status, you might be selling away your first born.

DEAR SIR OR MADAM,
MY NAME IS MODBERT. I AM IN DESPRATE NEED. THE GOVERNMENT OF SOMALIA IS TRYING TO TAKE 500 OF MY MILLIONS USD ($500,000,000). pLEASE TO BE PROVIDING A SAFE PLAYCE FOR MY FUNDS, AND I WILL REMITT TO YOU THE SUM OF $10,000,000 USD.
IN THE FAITH OF OUR LORD,
BARRISTER MODBERT

I'm flabbergasted that you would choose me of all people to safe keep your money. I will add you to my list of friends who can see my credit card info, and you may process however much is deemed necessary for this transaction.

God be with you, my friend.

That means that there's a rat among the people you do have as friends on there.

Check your friends kat! :lol:

Maybe. I guess I need to check in there..haven't looked in a while. And I LOATHE being sent hearts...game invites..etc. And yes I have them blocked..but still slip through the cracks now and then.

Oh.........and we haven't even touched on the viruses making the rounds on facebook. It is creep crawling with them!!!!

Barrister, before we go ahead with this though, I would like for you to check out some of my kewl pics and comment and like them if any of them tickle your fancy. I went through a lot of trouble uploading 8,726 pictures and separating them into 93 different albums, so the least you could do is take a few minutes to peruse.

A comment on my wall would just about make my day, too.

barrister, before we go ahead with this though, i would like for you to check out some of my kewl pics and comment and like them if any of them tickle your fancy. I went through a lot of trouble uploading 8,726 pictures and separating them into 93 different albums, so the least you could do is take a few minutes to peruse.

OH I WILL! In FACT, I MAY MAKE several COMMENTS!

OH! What a cute cat! HEY, WHY IS THAT WOMAN MAKING A DUCKFACE?

Barrister, before we go ahead with this though, I would like for you to check out some of my kewl pics and comment and like them if any of them tickle your fancy. I went through a lot of trouble uploading 8,726 pictures and separating them into 93 different albums, so the least you could do is take a few minutes to peruse.

:lol:

barrister, before we go ahead with this though, i would like for you to check out some of my kewl pics and comment and like them if any of them tickle your fancy. I went through a lot of trouble uploading 8,726 pictures and separating them into 93 different albums, so the least you could do is take a few minutes to peruse.

OH I WILL! In FACT, I MAY MAKE several COMMENTS!

OH! What a cute cat! HEY, WHY IS THAT WOMAN MAKING A DUCKFACE?

I prefer to call it her suckface, if you catch my underlying drift.

I especially love people begging for things for their games...farmville and mafia wars. It's so grown up. :neutral:

I just checked. I see i have some private messages to answer. :doubt:

Forum List

Back