So, the President suddenly isn't allowed to "politicize" military victories?

So, Bush was the worst president ever then?

I was never a Bush fan. Fail. Sorry.

I have NO IDEA why America was celebrating in the streets that night then. It was business as usual.

Oh, I know! Mass hysteria.

Which night are you talking about? The night of the "mission accomplished" Bush speech? The night of the capture of Saddam Hussein? The night of the death of Saddam Hussein? The night of the death of Osama bin Ladin?

I don't recall "Americans... celebrating in the streets" either one of those nights, definitely not in the manner that the Palestinians were celebrating in the streets on the night of 9/11.

I sure as heck know I was not celebrating in the streets.

Immie

Last edited:
As we all know, I usually try to keep the discourse civil around here, but I'm going to have to make an exception.

I have two words for all you assholes that politicized 9/11, the war on terror, the war in Iraq, and whose leader "Spiked the Football" on a fucking AIRCRAFT CARRIER half a decade before "operations in Iraq" were over:

Fuck You.

Seriously. I have no patience for this bullshit. You people can seriously go fuck yourselves on this one.

You chased Bin Laden around for a decade and FAILED.

Obama, while acting as commander in chief, got him, and that just pisses you assholes off to no end, doesn't it?

This utter hypocrisy is just UNBELIEVABLE.

Seriously, out of all the shit you've pulled in the past, this one just takes the cake.

So, in summary:

Stop whining, and STFU already.
Aw, c'mon.....we could always give Lil' Dumbya a trophy for participating....or, at least.....

....being in the general-vicinity!!

bush_littlebigman.jpg

516.gif

Last edited:
As we all know, I usually try to keep the discourse civil around here, but I'm going to have to make an exception.

I have two words for all you assholes that politicized 9/11, the war on terror, the war in Iraq, and whose leader "Spiked the Football" on a fucking AIRCRAFT CARRIER half a decade before "operations in Iraq" were over:

Fuck You.

Seriously. I have no patience for this bullshit. You people can seriously go fuck yourselves on this one.

Obama, while acting as commander in chief, got him, and that just pisses you assholes off to no end, doesn't it?

Seriously, out of all the shit you've pulled in the past, this one just takes the cake.

So, in summary:

Only Bush is allowed to politicize military victories - and we're not allowed to point it out.

Well, thanks for the clarification... I thought you were implying that my Parish Councilperson is off starting wars.

Anyway, no, I did not, nor would I ever vote for Lurch or the Climate Con Man. BTW.. Afghanistan & Iraq were duly authorized by a Democrat Congress...

Yep, they were.

And, unless I'm mistaken, Congress didn't run the war, or lead the charge to war, they just authorized it, after months of non-stop propaganda by the White House falsely tying 9/11 to Iraq.

But, you're right, Congress did authorize it.

But I didn't see them gloating about it.

Which night are you talking about? The night of the "mission accomplished" Bush speech? The night of the capture of Saddam Hussein? The night of the death of Saddam Hussein? The night of the death of Osama bin Ladin?

I don't recall "Americans... celebrating in the streets" either one of those nights, definitely not in the manner that the Palestinians were celebrating in the streets on the night of 9/11.

Immie

Actually, there were a whole lot of Americans celebrating in the streets the night it was announced Bin Laden was dead.

It was all over the news.

"we don't have to spike the football" -- Obama

You do realize that "spiking the football" refers to throwing the football into the ground immediately following a score don't you?? Then since you obviously know that how is talking about a foriegn polcy success A YEAR later considered "spiking the football?"

it's not.

However, I am guessing that you are ok with romney politicizing national security and foreign policy as he bounces around campaigning about how obama is weak on such matters and how romney would be stronger, am I right?

He took the phone call that informed him that thanks in large part to advanced interrogation techniques, the Seals have found bin Laden and were ready to take the bad man out.

Natasha Obama could have made that nod.

Lie

The CIA official in charge of it disagrees with you.

But you would rather believe Rachael Maddow, wouldn't you?

btw they did not get the info about the courier from ksm they got it from al-qahtani whjo was not waterboarded. Oops.

If the decision to kill Bin Laden was so easy and obvious, why were half the rightwing nuts on this board second-guessing and criticizing it,

at the time it happened?

Because it made no sense!

If he was really a terrorist mastermind, why kill him? Do you think he posted his Jihad plans on Facebook? Why not capture him, real quietly and sweat him in Gitmo?

Obama had him whacked because he knew he couldn't run on the "Jobs saved or created" bullshit

it's funny how some rightwingers are refusing to give obama the credit for even making the call while others are arguing that obama planned to kill bin laden for political reasons. LOL

which is it? is obama the ineffectual brain who overthinks while someone else makes the decision (ty katzndogz) or is the genius mastermind who orchestrated this whole thing to take credit for it (ty frank)?

I just find it funny how the right usually argues how ineffectual obama is until it suits their purposes to argue that he is some kind of evil genius. LOL

Funny how Sniper thinks answering a call is a small thing until 3000 people died while the previous President didnt answer a call.

and then they tried to blame the previous president even though he was out of office when those 3000 people died.

It was all clintons fault. lol

If the decision to kill Bin Laden was so easy and obvious, why were half the rightwing nuts on this board second-guessing and criticizing it,

at the time it happened?

Liar.... why do you hate the truth?

As for 2nd guessing it.... why did Osama, eeerrr, I mean Obama wait 16 hrs to say take him out?

Oh yeah, he had to get that memo created that gave him a scapegoat in case it failed.

COURAGE....
:lol:

LOL got to love the talking points. They let you know who the lemming followers truly are.

my guess is that it took a while because it was a hard decision to make. it wasn't like he was sitting in a chair reading a childrens book after being told our nation was under attack or anything.

as for the scapegoat comment what in the memo do you think provides for a scapegoat?? what exact wording please provide the memo and the exact quote to support your spin. thank you.

Immie

Actually, there were a whole lot of Americans celebrating in the streets the night it was announced Bin Laden was dead.

It was all over the news.

I would agree there were some "High Fives", but nothing near like the celebrations coming from the Palestinians on 9/11. Not even close.

Immie

Fuck You.

So, in summary:

Sure he is. His message should be, "I made the world's easiest choice that any other fool would have."

Sending americans to their possible death if things go poorly is easy for republicans isn't it? The iraq war showed that to be the case. However, for most people it's not an easy choice to make especially since there was only about a 50% chance that bin laden was even there.

He's allowed to.

But he will look as big an asshole as Bush did when he did likewise.

wow the right hates obama so much that they are willing to throw one of their own under the bus in a desperate attempt to make their criticism of obama seem valid and not hypocritical. LOL

Yep.. Obama politicizes the war on terror, leaves Afghanistan, gets 11 civilians massacred upon his departure.

Well done President Douche Bag!

So obama is "wrong" to claim credit for making the call on bin laden's death but you can hold him accountable and blame him for the acts of terrorists and the loss of those lives??

here I thought the right only blamed the terrorists. Funny how that all changes when a dem is president isn't it?

lol

I hope he continues to "spike the football" all the way until election day. It is not going over very well.....Of course the ass sniffing sycophants will applaud and defend his every utterance. But the rest of the country- especially moderates and independents- see it as desperate and classless.

WOW if you rightwingers don't understand that analogy of "spiking the football" please stop using it.

It's a year later and due to the fact that "spiking the football" has to do with a penatly for an action taken directly after the "score" it really does not apply NOW.

BTW did the moderates and independents see romney are desperate and classless when he was campaigning on how weak obama was on matters of national security and foreign policy and how romney would be stronger?? LOL

I hope he continues to "spike the football" all the way until election day. It is not going over very well.....Of course the ass sniffing sycophants will applaud and defend his every utterance. But the rest of the country- especially moderates and independents- see it as desperate and classless.

Yeah, saying I got Osama Bin Laden will hurt him....In opposite world

Here's the deal, for conservatives, getting Osama is an expected job requirement. It isn't going above and beyond the job expectations for an "exceeds expectations" rating on the job review. Liberals have the notion he's a like a clerk who just landed the company's largest client ever. Doing his job is expected.

Funny how the conservatives didn't feel that way back when they were praising bush for doing his job and keeping us safe AFTER 9/11. LOL

Even though our embassies overseas were attacked but then that only counts when a democrat is president. lol

So, the President suddenly isn't allowed to "politicize" military victories?

What victory?

Why yes, the old talking point "bush kept us safe after 9/11"

Funny how the right didn't opt for their current mantra "Bush just followed orders, no biggie" as a talking point.

Forum List

Back