The TSA's mission creep is making the US a police state

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dont Taz Me Bro, May 2, 2012.

1. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,410
    It's not just at the airports anymore. We are heading a down a road where it's going to be nearly impossible to travel by any means without having your Constitutional rights violated. I think calling the U.S. a police state has become justified at this point.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Too sick for a cure

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +772
    I read about this. I guess the TSA has figured out how mindlessly compliant the American public is.

3. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Wasn't this one of obama's campaign promises? A civilian force as powerful and funded as the military.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s]Obama Civilian Security - YouTube[/ame]

4. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Too sick for a cure

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +772
    So I wonder, if I am lawfully traveling interstate in my private vehicle with a firearm and I attempt to cross the tunnel the TSA gestapo was patrolling, will they stop me and/or confiscate my firearm?

One wonders.

5. zzzz

zzzz Just a regular American

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +429
    As the technology evolves and the media's sensationalism of individual crimes and terrorist acts, the individuals right to privacy will diminish.

On the one had it is the feeling the citizens get when watching crimes being portrayed constantly by the media, induces a sense of being threatened, when in reality that threat is minimal. The 24-7 coverage is changing the mentality of the citizenry. It becomes an environment of fear and that fear leads to governmental control and intrusion to provide a sense of protection that in reality only exists in the mind.

On the other hand the technological advances make government intrusion into your privacy very easy and give them means and methods to do it cheaply.

This combination is of hype and technology is eroding the sense of privacy we once had as citizens. To make the people feel safe the citizens have given up, bit by bit, privacy rights and our rights will continue to be eroded. The masses are just like cattle being herded into a world where there is no privacy and every move subject to government surveillance and monitoring. We are not there yet and it may be 25 or 50 years down the road but that is where we are heading. In the name of safety.

6. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,858
    Granny don't like it when lil' kids or foreigners sneeze on her...
    :mad:
    Study Looks at Role Airports Play in Spread of Disease, Pandemics
    August 08, 2012 — Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have studied the role airports play in spreading disease and pandemics. They found that airports in New York, Los Angeles and Honolulu can spread disease more aggressively than others.

7. paulitician

paulitician Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,972
    Oh shut up, don't you know "9/11 changed everything?" Why do you hate America so much? Big Brother has to take your rights away in order to preserve them. What are you not understanding about that? Big Brother knows what's best for you. So sit down and shut up!

8. paulitician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,972
    It's all for the childen man. All for the childen.

9. Mr.Nick

Mr.Nick VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +682
    The United States is turning into the U.S.S.R....

10. paulitician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,972
    Yeah, all those $Trillions and lives lost fighting a Cold War, yet now we're becoming them. Western Europe and the U.S. are definitely headed in the wrong direction. The NWO Globalists are currently making significant progress. Can they be stopped? I don't know. I just don't know.