So Romney was right about the Olympic Preparations

I call out racism when I see it. Especially when it's cowards like CrusaderFrank.

We should all be calling it out when it's that blatant. There's no room for that on this board.

Just because you are an idiot who sees racism at every turn doesn't mean it actually exists...

It is stupid fucks like you that harm efforts to reduce actual racism...

Now go be stupid somewhere else...

So you think people can call the President any assortment of names and it is never racism.

I'm not surprised.

Your definition of racism is fucked up...

I'm not surprised....

People are not racists because they disagree with your hero zero...

I don't think i'd want to be in London for this...there's too many muslims living there and most are probably terrorists. They've had too many threats and i sure as hell wouldn't put myself in that situation. I think a lot of people have thought the same thing!

Last week, three men were arrested on terrorism charges at a house a mile from London's Olympic Park. Saturday, police made a related arrest in a neighborhood bordering the park. And a man who attended a terrorist training camp with links to al-Qaeda was arrested in June for violating orders to stay away from Olympic Park, according to the Sunday Telegraph.

Terrorist threats trigger unprecedented security at London Games

Well, at least we can see what your personal agenda is all about. Oh, and thanks for confirming how efficient the security really is...otherwise suspected terrorists would never have been apprehended. I must admit, you do seem to excel at talking out of both sides of your mouth at the same time. You should consider becoming a politician. You would excel at it.

:lol:
No, you just don't want to admit your country has a bigger problem with terrorism than the US does. All those empty seats are because people aren't comfortable in your country...

Lol! Not very well informed, then. Empty seats are nothing new at modern day Olympics. The same thing happened in Beijing and Athens. Seems your knowledge and memory are failing you. It also happens that the banks of empty seats are those tickets allocated to international sporting associations, sponsors, the 'Olympic Family' and VIPs. Had they been offered to the general public there would have been bums on them. But hey, you carry on. I would hate to spoil your personal agenda, regardless of whether you get your facts with the aid of a blindfold.

Stupid has nothing but RACE or defending Unions to parrot...his M.O. is well known.

I call out racism when I see it. Especially when it's cowards like CrusaderFrank.

We should all be calling it out when it's that blatant. There's no room for that on this board.

That's the problem, people like you "see racism" whenever you open your eyes. :disbelief:

Are you arguing that Romney's statement in Israel isn't racist?

"As you come here and you see the GDP per capita, for instance, in Israel which is about $21,000, and compare that with the GDP per capita just across the areas managed by the Palestinian Authority, which is more like $10,000 per capita, you notice such a dramatically stark difference in economic vitality," the Republican presidential candidate told about 40 wealthy donors who ate breakfast at the luxurious King David Hotel.

Romney said some economic histories have theorized that "culture makes all the difference."

"And as I come here and I look out over this city and consider the accomplishments of the people of this nation, I recognize the power of at least culture and a few other things," Romney said, citing an innovative business climate, the Jewish history of thriving in difficult circumstances and the "hand of providence." He said similar disparity exists between neighboring countries, like Mexico and the United States.

So if an occupied territory doesn't achieve as much economic success as the occupier, it's because the culture of the occupier is superior? That sounds like a Hitler speech.

Just because you are an idiot who sees racism at every turn doesn't mean it actually exists...

So you think people can call the President any assortment of names and it is never racism.

I'm not surprised.

Wow, so calling a President a name means it has to be racism, even if the word isn't racist in meaning.

I'm not surprised.

Only if YOU that deems it 'RACIST' makes assumptions. YOU have a bad habit of ASSUMING any criticism of Obama is racist as you forget his 'other half', ASSHAT.:eusa_hand:

But RACE should never be an issue...IDIOTS as YOU make [YOU assume] clever excuses for your blatent use where none exists, and get upset when called out on it.

Son? YOU need to grow...educate yourself.

That's the problem, people like you "see racism" whenever you open your eyes. :disbelief:

Are you arguing that Romney's statement in Israel isn't racist?

"As you come here and you see the GDP per capita, for instance, in Israel which is about $21,000, and compare that with the GDP per capita just across the areas managed by the Palestinian Authority, which is more like $10,000 per capita, you notice such a dramatically stark difference in economic vitality," the Republican presidential candidate told about 40 wealthy donors who ate breakfast at the luxurious King David Hotel.

Romney said some economic histories have theorized that "culture makes all the difference."

"And as I come here and I look out over this city and consider the accomplishments of the people of this nation, I recognize the power of at least culture and a few other things," Romney said, citing an innovative business climate, the Jewish history of thriving in difficult circumstances and the "hand of providence." He said similar disparity exists between neighboring countries, like Mexico and the United States.

So if an occupied territory doesn't achieve as much economic success as the occupier, it's because the culture of the occupier is superior? That sounds like a Hitler speech.

'Occupier'? What? And where is Romey's racism? All I see is a reference BY YOU to Hitler.:eusa_hand:

FAIL

You're missing the point. I don't think anyone is saying what Willard said was wrong or inaccurate. But that doesn't mean he was right to say it when he did

Presidents need to have tact.
You say that like the asshole in the White House right now has tact.

No. Tact for a US President does NOT include returning to Great Britain the bust of Winston Churchill...THE man standing against loss of freedom to Nazi Germany.

What Romney said was constructive criticism...too little...too late.

Romney's first act as our President should be to write a letter of apology to the Queen and the British people for the obvious snub of their great hero by his predecessor. He could offer a bit of excuse in pointing out that the little boy President that sent it back has a natural bent for the policies of famous Germans like Hitler and Marx.

You mean the bust that was on loan to George Bush?

Seriously, can't you guys stay on topic?

Yes, that bust of Churchill. Loaned to George Bush after 911. Obama sending it back was about as big an insult that there is. Great Britain had 10,000 troops in Afghanistan fighting alongside our troops at the time, and still do.

I wonder if first lady Ann Romney will put her hands all over the Queen like Michelle Obama did. And how deep a bow will the Saudi Prince get from President Romney? Just asking!

You say that like the asshole in the White House right now has tact.

No. Tact for a US President does NOT include returning to Great Britain the bust of Winston Churchill...THE man standing against loss of freedom to Nazi Germany.

What Romney said was constructive criticism...too little...too late.

Romney's first act as our President should be to write a letter of apology to the Queen and the British people for the obvious snub of their great hero by his predecessor. He could offer a bit of excuse in pointing out that the little boy President that sent it back has a natural bent for the policies of famous Germans like Hitler and Marx.

Yes, that bust of Churchill. Loaned to George Bush after 911. Obama sending it back was about as big an insult that there is. Great Britain had 10,000 troops in Afghanistan fighting alongside our troops at the time, and still do.

I wonder if first lady Ann Romney will put her hands all over the Queen like Michelle Obama did. And how deep a bow will the Saudi Prince get from President Romney? Just asking!

We were borrowing it. He returned it. They now show it off.

How is this in ANY way an insult?

It is in every way an insult.

Has America's even- tempered new president already ruffled feathers in the land that spawned Borat and Benny Hill? That's certainly how the spiky British press responded after the White House sent back to the British Embassy a bust of Sir Winston Churchill that had occupied a cherished spot in President Bush's Oval Office. Intended as a symbol of transatlantic solidarity, the bust was a loaner from former British prime minister Tony Blair following the September 11 attacks.

Obama Returns Churchill Bust To England: British Press Sees Snub

Oh kiss my ass. Truly. Are you attempting to excuse this?

And by all means address the losing of the keys to Wembley. You go kid!!!! Give er!!

I remember Munich in 72. With my family we watched and we watched. And then we cried.

Don't lecture me. That woman should never have been with the athletes.

Fuck you and your political agenda that you can't grasp security issues and make light of this.

You just got you ASS handed to you big time! :lol:

That's why you go all profanity - it's what all you wingnuts do when your talking points blow up in your faces.

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

how did I get my ass handed to me when I have consistently pointed out the serious security flaws and you respond with emoticons?

Who's the girl in the red shirt and blue jeans?
How was that a security failure? She had been in a sanitized area.

Has America's even- tempered new president already ruffled feathers in the land that spawned Borat and Benny Hill? That's certainly how the spiky British press responded after the White House sent back to the British Embassy a bust of Sir Winston Churchill that had occupied a cherished spot in President Bush's Oval Office. Intended as a symbol of transatlantic solidarity, the bust was a loaner from former British prime minister Tony Blair following the September 11 attacks.

Yeah the British press are more hilarious then the brain dead liberals, love to see them get all riled up!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep on keeping on Romney!

Notice we didn't need the Romney Context Filter to explain his comments either. It will be refreshing to have a real competent, effective true American back in the White House after Obama is send back to Kenya or wherever he's telling people he's from today

Romney true? That's laughable. He isn't even a "true" Christian... Since you hacks think money is the be all and end all of anyones worth he technically isn't even really an American. He has more "vested" in foreign countries than here. So REALLY he is just an AINO. American in name only.

I have several Mormon friends and the last time they visited our home they left me a book. It is titled The Book of Mormon. On the front cover is printed "Another Testament of Jesus Christ, and the very first picture in the book is of Jesus Christ.

I have not read the book, but it is apparent that I already know more about the Mormon religion than you do.

No..you do not.

Because I did read the book of morman. You are a typical hack that "thinks" he knows more than others with nothing to back it up. You are not full of knowledge...just shit.

The problem is not that he was right or wrong. The problem is how he went about saying it. A person who is going to lead america in this present world should be very aware of manners and protocol. Mitt failed big time in that area. I guess that is fine for him in business, but this is not business.

Not only was the security a debacle, the empty seats, and the budget being busted.....

The Olympics is creating a “ghost town” effect in central London as visitors who would normally flock to the capital’s shops, hotels and theatres stay away, casting doubt on expectations of a short-term economic boost from the games.

The games have attracted as many as 100,000 foreign visitors to London – more than in previous Olympics. But, on its own, that number significantly lags behind the estimated 300,000 foreign tourists who could be expected in a typical year.

Theatres are among the businesses suffering most from emptier streets.

“We’re bleeding, darling,” said Nica Burns, chief executive of Nimax Theatres. “For my six theatres, last week was the worst this year. I think the Olympics are great – but I feel like I’ve been the bullseye for the archery competition.”

Games turn London into ‘ghost town’ - FT.com

ece0d3be-cff1-4eea-8494-b7f53fe93bee.img

How stupid are you?

Fact Check: The Bust of Winston Churchill

Lately, there’s been a rumor swirling around about the current location of the bust of Winston Churchill. Some have claimed that President Obama removed the bust of Winston Churchill from the Oval Office and sent it back to the British Embassy.

Now, normally we wouldn’t address a rumor that’s so patently false, but just this morning the Washington Post’s Charles Krauthammer repeated this ridiculous claim in his column. He said President Obama “started his Presidency by returning to the British Embassy the bust of Winston Churchill that had graced the Oval Office.”
This is 100% false. The bust still in the White House. In the Residence. Outside the Treaty Room.

News outlets have debunked this claim time and again. First, back in 2010 the National Journal reported that “the Churchill bust was relocated to a prominent spot in the residence to make room for Abraham Lincoln, a figure from whom the first African-American occupant of the Oval Office might well draw inspiration in difficult times.” And just in case anyone forgot, just last year the AP reported that President Obama “replaced the Oval Office fixture with a bust of one of his American heroes, President Abraham Lincoln, and moved the Churchill bust to the White House residence.”

In case these news reports are not enough for Mr. Krauthammer and others, here’s a picture of the President showing off the Churchill bust to Prime Minister Cameron when he visited the White House residence in 2010.

20120727-churchill.jpg

Hopefully this clears things up a bit and prevents folks from making this ridiculous claim again.

Update:

Since my post on the fact that the bust of Winston Churchill has remained on display in the White House, despite assertions to the contrary, I have received a bunch of questions -- so let me provide some additional info. The White House has had a bust of Winston Churchill since the 1960’s. At the start of the Bush administration Prime Minister Blair lent President Bush a bust that matched the one in the White House, which was being worked on at the time and was later returned to the residence. The version lent by Prime Minister Blair was displayed by President Bush until the end of his Presidency. On January 20, 2009 -- Inauguration Day -- all of the art lent specifically for President Bush’s Oval Office was removed by the curator’s office, as is common practice at the end of every presidency. The original Churchill bust remained on display in the residence. The idea put forward by Charles Krauthammer and others that President Obama returned the Churchill bust or refused to display the bust because of antipathy towards the British is completely false and an urban legend that continues to circulate to this day.

How stupid are you?

Fact Check: The Bust of Winston Churchill

Lately, there’s been a rumor swirling around about the current location of the bust of Winston Churchill. Some have claimed that President Obama removed the bust of Winston Churchill from the Oval Office and sent it back to the British Embassy.

Now, normally we wouldn’t address a rumor that’s so patently false, but just this morning the Washington Post’s Charles Krauthammer repeated this ridiculous claim in his column. He said President Obama “started his Presidency by returning to the British Embassy the bust of Winston Churchill that had graced the Oval Office.”
This is 100% false. The bust still in the White House. In the Residence. Outside the Treaty Room.

News outlets have debunked this claim time and again. First, back in 2010 the National Journal reported that “the Churchill bust was relocated to a prominent spot in the residence to make room for Abraham Lincoln, a figure from whom the first African-American occupant of the Oval Office might well draw inspiration in difficult times.” And just in case anyone forgot, just last year the AP reported that President Obama “replaced the Oval Office fixture with a bust of one of his American heroes, President Abraham Lincoln, and moved the Churchill bust to the White House residence.”

In case these news reports are not enough for Mr. Krauthammer and others, here’s a picture of the President showing off the Churchill bust to Prime Minister Cameron when he visited the White House residence in 2010.

20120727-churchill.jpg

Hopefully this clears things up a bit and prevents folks from making this ridiculous claim again.

Update:

Since my post on the fact that the bust of Winston Churchill has remained on display in the White House, despite assertions to the contrary, I have received a bunch of questions -- so let me provide some additional info. The White House has had a bust of Winston Churchill since the 1960’s. At the start of the Bush administration Prime Minister Blair lent President Bush a bust that matched the one in the White House, which was being worked on at the time and was later returned to the residence. The version lent by Prime Minister Blair was displayed by President Bush until the end of his Presidency. On January 20, 2009 -- Inauguration Day -- all of the art lent specifically for President Bush’s Oval Office was removed by the curator’s office, as is common practice at the end of every presidency. The original Churchill bust remained on display in the residence. The idea put forward by Charles Krauthammer and others that President Obama returned the Churchill bust or refused to display the bust because of antipathy towards the British is completely false and an urban legend that continues to circulate to this day.

So, there WAS a bust of Churchill, and it WAS returned. TY

Ain't that the truth.

Can you imagineif Romney had criticized the security at the 1936 Berlin Olympics??????????????/

Forum List

Back