So, Our President is Rage Tweeting About Nordstrom Today

I don't know why it's unethical.

Why Trump's Nordstrom Tweet May Have Crossed An Ethical Line

The unethical aspect came into play, at least in part, when Trump retweeted tweet using the official POTUS account his "@readDonaldTrump" original tweet. The fact of the matter is that the President ceases to be a private person. He is 24/7 the POTUS and everything he says and does becomes a pronouncement of the U.S. government until it's not due to judicial or Congressional action.

He can be a private person as long as his words and deeds are made public. The minute they are, they stop being the words and deeds of a private citizen. He also gets a "pass" if he's officially on vacation.
kelly lapdog anne gets no such pass

I agree. She does not warrant such a pass, especially after presenting her remarks as, "“It’s a wonderful line, I own some of it. I’m going to give it a free commercial here, go buy it today!”
What do you think the new AG will have to say???? lol lol lol

I don't know why it's unethical.

Why Trump's Nordstrom Tweet May Have Crossed An Ethical Line

The unethical aspect came into play, at least in part, when Trump retweeted tweet using the official POTUS account his "@readDonaldTrump" original tweet. The fact of the matter is that the President ceases to be a private person. He is 24/7 the POTUS and everything he says and does becomes a pronouncement of the U.S. government until it's not due to judicial or Congressional action.

He can be a private person as long as his words and deeds are made public. The minute they are, they stop being the words and deeds of a private citizen. He also gets a "pass" if he's officially on vacation.
kelly lapdog anne gets no such pass

I agree. She does not warrant such a pass, especially after presenting her remarks as, "“It’s a wonderful line, I own some of it. I’m going to give it a free commercial here, go buy it today!”
What do you think the new AG will have to say???? lol lol lol

I don't know. Probably not much. He seems like a lackey to me. The thing is he shouldn't need to say anything; her resignation should be announced and underway without it having to go to the Atty. General. I mean really. The infraction is one that pretty much any midgrade prosecutor or HR manager should be able to handle.

That isn't anything that america cares about. He is doing some good things but his family stuff is no part of his presidency. Where are his advisors?
They went after his daughter for political purposes. So he fought back. I take it you don't have children? If you do, your a pussy.

BULLSHIT! Her China made clothing line isn't selling. Besides, how many middle class Americans can afford to buy from Nordstrom?
Well then we agree.

There was NO political overtone.
Bullshit, the owner of Nordstrom says the Trump line is doing good. Then a week after Trump becomes president he gets rid of it.

What a mentally ill shit gibbon

Trump took to Twitter Wednesday to complain that his daughter Ivanka has been "treated so unfairly" by the Nordstrom (JWN) department store chain, which has announced it will no longer carry her fashion line.

Trump blasts Nordstrom after it dumps Ivanka's fashion line

So what? Did he demand an anti-trust investigation? Did he ask the IRS to target them? Did he use his office to destroy them? Why not focus on what he does as President and not what he tweets?
Because he says " I like to communicate with the American people thru tweeting."

And that's bad?

I don't like Trump but some of you nervous nellies who spend so much time clutching your petticoats and whining about irrelevancies are forcing me to defend him because of your stupidity. Please stop!
What are you defending? How unpresidential he's acting taking Nordstrum's to task for making a business decision?
His incessant lying?
His thin skin where he just can't let any criticism go?
His inability to focus on anything for more than 3 minutes?

He didn't take Nordstrum's to task for making a business decision as President. He used his personal account to complain, not the one of him as President.
Frankly, what seems to have you most upset that he'd wasn't lying about his campaign promises.
Some people are just thin skinned and others use being thin-skinned to their advantage by distracting.
I haven't seen his focus being a problem, but maybe he has an ADD problem .

Doesn't matter if he tweeted from his personal or presidential account. Trump is supposed to be president 24/7, not just when it suits him.

He stopped being a private citizen the second that he took the oath of office. Same thing happens in the military, the second you swear your oath of enlistment, you are no longer a private citizen and belong to the US government.

So what? Did he demand an anti-trust investigation? Did he ask the IRS to target them? Did he use his office to destroy them? Why not focus on what he does as President and not what he tweets?
Because he says " I like to communicate with the American people thru tweeting."

And that's bad?

I don't like Trump but some of you nervous nellies who spend so much time clutching your petticoats and whining about irrelevancies are forcing me to defend him because of your stupidity. Please stop!
What are you defending? How unpresidential he's acting taking Nordstrum's to task for making a business decision?
His incessant lying?

He didn't take Nordstrum's to task for making a business decision as President. He used his personal account to complain, not the one of him as President.
Frankly, what seems to have you most upset that he'd wasn't lying about his campaign promises.
Some people are just thin skinned and others use being thin-skinned to their advantage by distracting.

Doesn't matter if he tweeted from his personal or presidential account. Trump is supposed to be president 24/7, not just when it suits him.

He stopped being a private citizen the second that he took the oath of office. Same thing happens in the military, the second you swear your oath of enlistment, you are no longer a private citizen and belong to the US government.

What crap. He doesn't stop being a father nor does he have to not have private thoughts.

And that's bad?

His incessant lying?

What crap. He doesn't stop being a father nor does he have to not have private thoughts.

Putting your latest thought out on Twitter isn't having private thoughts, it's making public decrees because he's president. What part of a citizen who becomes president is no longer a private citizen do you not understand? ALL presidents live in a fishbowl and are closely scrutinized.

And that's bad?

His incessant lying?

Putting your latest thought out on Twitter isn't having private thoughts, it's making public decrees because he's president. What part of a citizen who becomes president is no longer a private citizen do you not understand? ALL presidents live in a fishbowl and are closely scrutinized.

A decree? What kind of ignorance is that? He made no decree.

His incessant lying?

A decree? What kind of ignorance is that? He made no decree.

Public statement then. His tweets are public statements, and as president, they carry a bit more weight than the average citizen, because he's seen to be the face and voice of this country. He, as well as the rest of you need to understand that the second he swore in, he ceased being a private citizen as he is now the direct representative of the US to the rest of the world. What he says is going to be seen as US policy.

Wow that is a lot of hate. FROM YOU. Expected though. His name is not on her business.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
There's a reason 18 retailors aren't
...carrying Ivanka's overpriced, foreign made garbage. The Trumpeters just aren't buying. If the Trumpeters truly cared about whether the Trump children have fois gras on the table and they can pay their Bvlgari bills, they would be flocking to the Ivanka's departments in those retail stores.
Or maybe some women don't shop with politics in mind. They are not ALL liberals.

While not all women aren't liberal, from what I've personally observed is that all women don't make decisions of right and wrong by being ignorant to facts.

I am burning my Nordstram's dress shirts today, and heretofore I shall only buy English

Charles Tyrwhitt for Men's Dress Shirts, Suits, Ties, Shoes & Accessories
Neven been in one, likely never will.
Oh the Nordstrom's store line was very nice. Rather heavy weight and very soft. Back in my ironing days. But, I'm going non-American made now. All Hail Trump!
Thanks for the info, but my shopping needs are usually met by Sportsman's Guide, Bulk Ammo, Midway USA and Amazon. :)

Camouflage underwear? That's wrong in so many ways........

[
the president and his family shouldn't be cashing in on his office.

idiotas.

Ivanka had the line before he was president, Mz. Fakelawyer.

You of the Khmer Rouge are simply blackballing anyone associated with Trump.You always lie that Americans did that to you Communists in the 50's, but it is you who actually does this.

So Ivanka's product line was selling well?

Money for infrastructure

A Major Infrastructure Bill Clears Congress
The House and Senate send President Obama the largest transportation package in more than a decade, costing $305 billion over five years.

The five-year infrastructure bill is the longest reauthorization of federal transportation programs that Congress has approved in more than a decade, ending an era of stopgap bills and half-measures that left the Highway Trust Fund nearly broke and frustrated local governments and business groups. President Obama will sign the bill into law, as it fulfills his long-running push for lawmakers to pass an infrastructure bill even though it is significantly less than the $478 billion he sought in his own plan earlier this year.

The Senate approved the highway bill on an 83-16 vote. All but two Democrats—Senators Elizabeth Warren and Tom Carper—voted for it.
Thank you I thought Repub congress defeated it because obama wouldn't make cuts to pay for it
Back from the beach ice man and found this
The Cost To Our Economy From Republican Obstruction And Sabotage
Who in their right mind would read past that? You can believe a square is round for all I care. You ignored the post where they passed a historic bill so you could smear feces. It's all you liberals have. American is tired of eating your shit. It's our turn now.

Damn skippy it is your turn. And when you fuck it up, you own it.

Nordstrums? Hell, they are on their death bed. And yet it is Nordstrums that Trump tweets about? Nordstrums and his precious daughter's clothing line, glad to see he is occupied with important shit.

This administration, and his absolutely terrible nominees, have got to be the most dysfunctional bunch of incompetent MORONS that ever occupied the White House. Hell, every two-bit dictator and their baby momma is going to be biting at the bit to get themselves a little "sit-down" with this ass clown. No telling what you can prod the jackass into saying.

So which is it INCOMPETENT MORONS or BILLIONAIRES? I don't think morons become billionaires very often. Your side just can't keep it straight. First you bitch about how much money is in there wallets now their IQ? Hmm!

They went after his daughter for political purposes. So he fought back. I take it you don't have children? If you do, your a pussy.

he's the president dumbass..... he shouldn't be in ANY freaking business.

loon
So your good with someone coming after one of your family members?

You know, if my daughter made her own brand of widget, and contracted out to stores to sell her widgets, well............if the store said that her widgets weren't selling like they expected, I would expect the store to drop my daughter's widgets because they weren't profitable for the store.

I damn sure wouldn't bitch about it. BTW........is THIS how "successful businessmen" act? They bitch and moan, hoping that they get their way?
Kellyanne "pitching" Ivanka's products was clearly a breach, too.
Absolutely a breach of the Constitution. Where are all those Trumpets now when they claimed Obama was destroying the Constitution now that Trump is directly violating the Constitution the moment he was sworn in and two weeks later.
Cat got your tongue?

Kellyanne violated and was reprimanded for it. Trump didn't say it. Your mad about a tweet. You all think he is ridiculous for tweeting but I see it getting your attention. Mission accomplished.

[
the president and his family shouldn't be cashing in on his office.

idiotas.

Ivanka had the line before he was president, Mz. Fakelawyer.

You of the Khmer Rouge are simply blackballing anyone associated with Trump.You always lie that Americans did that to you Communists in the 50's, but it is you who actually does this.

So Ivanka's product line was selling well?

No idea, you got numbers?

Didn't think so...

That isn't anything that america cares about. He is doing some good things but his family stuff is no part of his presidency. Where are his advisors?

BULLSHIT! Her China made clothing line isn't selling. Besides, how many middle class Americans can afford to buy from Nordstrom?
Well then we agree.

There was NO political overtone.
Bullshit, the owner of Nordstrom says the Trump line is doing good. Then a week after Trump becomes president he gets rid of it.

According the Ivanka.

The House and Senate send President Obama the largest transportation package in more than a decade, costing $305 billion over five years.

The five-year infrastructure bill is the longest reauthorization of federal transportation programs that Congress has approved in more than a decade, ending an era of stopgap bills and half-measures that left the Highway Trust Fund nearly broke and frustrated local governments and business groups. President Obama will sign the bill into law, as it fulfills his long-running push for lawmakers to pass an infrastructure bill even though it is significantly less than the $478 billion he sought in his own plan earlier this year.

The Senate approved the highway bill on an 83-16 vote. All but two Democrats—Senators Elizabeth Warren and Tom Carper—voted for it.
Thank you I thought Repub congress defeated it because obama wouldn't make cuts to pay for it
Back from the beach ice man and found this
The Cost To Our Economy From Republican Obstruction And Sabotage
Who in their right mind would read past that? You can believe a square is round for all I care. You ignored the post where they passed a historic bill so you could smear feces. It's all you liberals have. American is tired of eating your shit. It's our turn now.

Damn skippy it is your turn. And when you fuck it up, you own it.

Nordstrums? Hell, they are on their death bed. And yet it is Nordstrums that Trump tweets about? Nordstrums and his precious daughter's clothing line, glad to see he is occupied with important shit.

This administration, and his absolutely terrible nominees, have got to be the most dysfunctional bunch of incompetent MORONS that ever occupied the White House. Hell, every two-bit dictator and their baby momma is going to be biting at the bit to get themselves a little "sit-down" with this ass clown. No telling what you can prod the jackass into saying.

So which is it INCOMPETENT MORONS or BILLIONAIRES? I don't think morons become billionaires very often. Your side just can't keep it straight. First you bitch about how much money is in there wallets now their IQ? Hmm!

Trump is no billionaire like MarkCuban. Disagree ? show me his tax returns and prove it.
Biggest fraud and con man ever elected president. And you fell for it.
A critical thinker you are not.

Forum List

Back