So...no I.D. to vote, guess what, no Photo I.D. for a concealed carry permit.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
A judge said you can't require a photo i.d. as a condition to issue a concealed carry permit.....which actually makes sense.....since the entire notion of having to get a permit to exercise a Right is just stupid.......it just becomes a Poll Tax on the Right to bear arms.....

Va. Court of Appeals rules photo ID can’t be required for concealed handgun permit application

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – The Virginia Court of Appeals ruled that Circuit Courts cannot require a photo ID with a concealed handgun permit application.

An attorney in the case announced that his client won in his challenge on whether the Norfolk Circut Court could require a photo ID as a part of the Concealed handgun Permit (CHP) Application.

The court of appeals said that they cannot require a photo ID. Several circuit courts across Virginia continue to impose additional requirements on CHP applications, even though Virginia law prohibits courts from requiring applicants to provide anything other than what is required by the code and on the application, the attorney said.

The case stems from Kenneth Richards who tried to renew his concealed handgun permit with the Norfolk Circuit Court. Once he submitted his application the court asked for photo ID. Richard’s refused to provide one and explained why he would not.

The circut court denied his application and he appealed.

On October 31 the Virginia Court of Appeals ruled in Richards’ favor saying that the Norfolk Circuit Court was not permitted to require a photo ID as part of a completed CHP.

When you murder someone with that gun you should go to prison for the next 40 years.

If you are caught committing a crime using a gun like robbery...you should go to prison for 40 years......that would reduce our crime problem.....

Hell,I think everyone should be able to carry concealed right up until they prove they aren't worthy.
And that includes those who have been convicted of nonviolent crimes that reach the level of a felony.
I do however support a ten year ban on those who have committed a nonviolent felony before concealed carry rights are restored.

Forum List

Back