So Newt pulling ahead means the Tea Party nonsense is over?

I think it may be possible that, in a weird way, Newt's win may spark a resurgence in the Tea Party. I just wrote this in another thread, but what the hell - GOP insiders are going to be knocking on the doors of Ryan, Daniels, Christie, Huckabee and Bush in sheer desperation now. And maybe someone like Ryan, a Tea Party darling, could say yes.

The GOP has to be in a tizzy right now. This field is a disaster, and they know it.

And let's not forget a brilliant Tea Party slogan:

Tea-Party-Medicare-sign.jpg

You all keep thinking the Tea Party is over..

Just because they aren't showing their asses like Ows

The Tea Party is not over. It is a core set of conservative principles that those who embrace those ideals will look for and try to compel their leaders to embrace. So, it isn't over or going anywhere. It has always been there as undercurrent and always will be whether or not there are organized events .

The 'tea party' was fatally wounded when its list of demands became identical to that of the Chamber of Commerce. It lost credibility with anyone who happens to be a. Intelligent, b. True to their original mission, or both.

It's been going through the motions ever since.

Kinda looks that way to me.
Or is Leroy now the Tea Party darling?

Actually, the TPM is lining up behind him, yes.

I think the thing is, the TPM is not a monolithic group. It's a lot of members with a lot of different complaints. I also think that it is unrealistic to expect that they are going to change a 160 year old political party in 3 years.

You mean the Tea Party's over?
All we have now are unemployed scumbags in need of a shower? (OWS)

It sure means the "Party of Family Values" nonsense is over (at least in SC), that's for sure. :lol:

Only if you accept that a failed marriage is the same as approving of all sorts of deviancy...

Most people have been through divorces or bad relationships. It happens.

hell, more than half the country doesn't bother to marry at all, they just get stoned, set on they asses and pass out moral do better slips.. tickles the shit outta me.

Forum List

Back