So much for buy american! walmart to outsource even more!

come on SWEATSHOP! It's American as apple pie! Hell, capitalistas... lets go ahead and throw kids back to work in coal mines too! I mean, if CHINA does it...

Nike-sweat-shop.jpg

Listen if you were a poor billionaire, like the Waltons, you'd see how tough it was to make ends meet. Greed motivates walmart, but greed motivates its customers too. Buy cheap junk - it makes you feel better about your third world wages. When you look at the collapse of Russia it is obvious it came from inside. America will collapse too if our children have no jobs and all work goes to third world nations.

Offshoring: The Next Industrial Revolution? | Foreign Affairs

Wal-Mart Watch | Fighting for Wal-Mart Workers | Employee Free Choice Act
WAL-MART: The High Cost of Low Price
Value and Values at Wal-Mart -- Behind That Implacable Smiley Face
As Union Nears Win, Wal-Mart Closes Store
Majority Says Wal-Mart Bad for America: Poll
Wal-Mart Subsidy Watch - brought to you by Good Jobs First

I buy widget X, that person supports me too - cars bicycles tools all made here.

MadeInUSA.com : Search over 300,000 US manufacturers and American made products
American Made Products Directory - Made in USA, United States Manufacturers
Made in USA, Made in America, US, American-Made
UAW Made Products

gee the Wrangler Shirts and cargo shorts I just bought at Walmart are the same quality as any other Wrangler shirts and cargo shorts at any other store AND they cost 20 -30% less.

More money for me to save for retirement. After all i wouldn't want you or anyone else to support me when i retire. Quite a concept huh?

It was a simple question, no need to get upset about it ...

So buying the more expensive American made product , you are effectively accomplishing a couple of things

a.) you're voluntarily reducing the standard of living of you and your family by squandering your available resources.

b.) propping up an clearly inefficient producer, who will then continue to destroy wealth by holding otherwise productive resources hostage from the rest of the economy and become a drag on the growth of the overall economy thus reducing overall domestic job creation.

Nice strategy..... however if Wal Mart pursued the same strategy it would find itself becoming unable to compete and thus would fail in both it's responsibility to it's investors AND it's current employees.

Here endth the lesson.

YOU SIR ARE AN ANTI AMERICAN moron! NUFF SAID and good day to you
LOL, that's the spirit , do what most of you lefties do, when you can't provide a rational rebuttal, resort to name calling :clap2:

oh, you mean a rational rebuttal like that giant Trade Deficit you keep avoiding, bitch? Please, oh master of Fact Dodging, show us lefties how to daftly avoid THAT issue one more time!

:rofl:

:thup:

here we go AGAIN...widget x...there NOW do you get my answer or do I need to simplify it for you! and you seem to be dodging my comments on american made products, am I the only one that sees something wrong with AMERICAN flags being made in other countries?

So buying the more expensive American made product , you are effectively accomplishing a couple of things

a.) you're voluntarily reducing the standard of living of you and your family by squandering your available resources.

b.) propping up an clearly inefficient producer, who will then continue to destroy wealth by holding otherwise productive resources hostage from the rest of the economy and become a drag on the growth of the overall economy thus reducing overall domestic job creation.

Nice strategy..... however if Wal Mart pursued the same strategy it would find itself becoming unable to compete and thus would fail in both it's responsibility to it's investors AND it's current employees.

Here endth the lesson.

Wow.....The same response we'd get from a neoconnie warmonger, after questioning their constant meddling in the internal affairs of other sovereign countries.

George Wallace was right....Not a dime's worth of difference between remocrats and depublicans.

LOL, that's the spirit , do what most of you lefties do, when you can't provide a rational rebuttal, resort to name calling :clap2:

oh, you mean a rational rebuttal like that giant Trade Deficit you keep avoiding, bitch? Please, oh master of Fact Dodging, show us lefties how to daftly avoid THAT issue one more time!

:rofl:

:thup:
exactly that and the questions you seem to be continually dodging from me...still waiting on if it is ok to buy an American flag made in China?

Wow.....The same response we'd get from a neoconnie warmonger, after questioning their constant meddling in the internal affairs of other sovereign countries.
Actually Dude, "neoconnie warmongers" generally give ya the common courtesy of flipping ya the bird before they launch into baseless name calling.... it's pretty much the only thing I like about 'em. ;)

George Wallace was right....Not a dime's worth of difference between remocrats and depublicans.
I believe the politically correct term is Demopublicans or was that Republicrats?

Here endth the lesson.

Damn, that is one dumb theory, anything to back it up except lack of knowledge and experience?

Provide something that demonstrates that? Read the outsourcing piece, no offense but your thought never existed.

And consider that America's standard of living grew out of unions and not some magical formula that some professor who never worked taught you.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2009/04/american-dream200904

Last edited:
Actually Dude, "neoconnie warmongers" generally give ya the common courtesy of flipping ya the bird before they launch into baseless name calling.... it's pretty much the only thing I like about 'em. ;)

I believe the politically correct term is Demopublicans or was that Republicrats?

still question dodging I see

...still waiting on if it is ok to buy an American flag made in China?

Sorry I missed that, yeah sure if I was in the market for an American Flag, I'd buy whichever one was the lowest cost at a quality level I found acceptable and if that one happened to be made in China then that would be the one I'd buy.

Why would any rational person behave differently ?

You have the same kind of "trade deficit" with the grocery store and electric company.

Ever tried to sell something to someone who had no job or money??

Que? my electric bill isn't negative 50 billion, dude. er, doodarino. Or, his dudeness if i'm not into that brevity thing.

Perhaps you should elaborate just a lil bit. You know, this is not vietnam.. there are rules, smokey.

Damn, that is one dumb theory, anything to back it up except lack of knowledge and experience?

Provide something that demonstrates that? Read the outsourcing piece, no offense but your thought never existed.

And consider that America's standard of living grew out of unions and not some magical formula that some professor who never worked taught you.
It's not a dumb theory...It's basic econ 101.

I'm old enough to remember the exact kind of ignorant economic populist and trade isolationist whining-n-crying about products that came from Japan, Indonesia, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.

Guess what happened...Not only did America become a more wealthy place, but those places from whence America received the "outsourced" production of those goods became wealthier themselves.

America's wealth grew out of people of all backgrounds creating added value to raw materials, not merely form union labor.

If anyone here is short on knowledge of history and economics, it's you Bubba.

Que? my electric bill isn't negative 50 billion, dude. er, doodarino. Or, his dudeness if i'm not into that brevity thing.

Perhaps you should elaborate just a lil bit. You know, this is not vietnam.. there are rules, smokey.
Amounts of money are irrelevant to the overall concept.

It's an econ 101 concept called "division of labor" (no, that's not some new bureaucracy). House painters paint houses because they're better at it than they are at growing food. Likewise, the farmer is better at growing food than painting houses.

Therefore, they both get better overall value for their efforts by sticking to what they do best, and most efficiently for their customers.

I'm old enough to remember the exact kind of ignorant economic populist and trade isolationist whining-n-crying about products that came from Japan, Indonesia, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.

Guess what happened...Not only did America become a more wealthy place, but those places from whence America received the "outsourced" production of those goods became wealthier themselves.

America's wealth grew out of people of all backgrounds creating added value to raw materials, not merely form union labor.

yea dude! Our auto industry sure is reflective of yout silly little hypothesis, lemme tellya!

:cuckoo:

Amounts of money are irrelevant to the overall concept.

It's an econ 101 concept called "division of labor" (no, that's not some new bureaucracy). House painters paint houses because they're better at it than they are at growing food. Likewise, the farmer is better at growing food than painting houses.

Therefore, they both get better overall value for their efforts by sticking to what they do best, and most efficiently for their customers.

so, are you suggesting that China is just "better" at making tennis shoes? I call shennanigans. Japan isn't "better" than America in making cars. Neither is Mexico. The only difference in location is the cost of labor; Here in the US where the globe likes to sell their shit WE demand a base minimum standard of living instead of fostering a culture where dirt poor human beings will work for 54 grains of rice per product they make. House painters and farmers employ a skill or trade which is simply not unique, nor BETTER, if applied at some foreign location. I think the failure of your post is in the application of your econ theory.

If you want a toe I'll get you a toe. fucking amateurs.

Still nothing of substance. And silly naming that means nothing. Give us something that says this correct, a bit of meat and not your BS biases.

If you had a bit of knowledge you'd realize theory is just theory, the statistics for labor since Reagan make a liar of you formula following tools.

CEPR - America Since 1980: A Right Turn Leading to a Dead End

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/United-States-since-World-Since/dp/0521677556/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244576716&sr=1-3]Amazon.com: The United States since 1980 (The World Since 1980): Dean Baker: Books[/ame]

yea dude! Our auto industry sure is reflective of yout silly little hypothesis, lemme tellya!

:cuckoo:

our auto industry is the text book example of how NOT to run a profitable business.

In fact after the shit American auto companies produced in the 70s, and the much improved cars thereafter shows how imports improved American companies but in the long run they couldn't adapt and compete could they?

so, are you suggesting that China is just "better" at making tennis shoes? I call shennanigans. Japan isn't "better" than America in making cars. Neither is Mexico. The only difference in location is the cost of labor; Here in the US where the globe likes to sell their shit WE demand a base minimum standard of living instead of fostering a culture where dirt poor human beings will work for 54 grains of rice per product they make. House painters and farmers employ a skill or trade which is simply not unique, nor BETTER, if applied at some foreign location. I think the failure of your post is in the application of your econ theory.

If you want a toe I'll get you a toe. fucking amateurs.
Depends upon what you mean by "better".

Even though Japan (arguably) isn't any better than making cars than America, basic economic rules of efficiency dictated that they build factories in America, rather than build them in Japan and ship them.

Aren't you afraid that Americans are "stealing" Japanese jobs??

Last edited:
Depends upon what you mean by "better".

Even though Japan (arguably) isn't any better than making cars than America, basic economic rules of efficiencey dictated that they build factories in America, rather than build them in Japan and ship them.

Aren't you afraid that Americans are "stealing" Japanese jobs??

lol yeah all those greedy American workers at the Toyota plants are stealing jobs from other American auto workers who could be making shitty cars protected by high tariffs.

Forum List

Back