So much for buy american! walmart to outsource even more!

A rational person might behave differently because sometimes the principle is worth more than the few pennies saved. I know when I purchase Chinese goods that I'm in truth supporting the communist Chinese government.
Good form.

But that decision is based upon your values hierarchy....You wouldn't be so presumptuous to think that yours is the only one that has validity, would you??

But has not the American public allowed that to happen, Shogun?

They sure as heck did. The American public got sick and tired of paying top dollar for inferior products.. ie american cars.. you want Americans to buy America give us something good and affordable to buy.

HA!

yea.. nothing says top quality like.. uh.. a hyundai.

:thup:

Better yet, why don't we go ahead and demand that any nation that exports more goods to America than they import of ours gets to apply tarifs on their goods until they play fair and stop making bitch ass capitalistas scramble to ignore that 50 billion dollar fucking trade deficit. CARAZY, i know.

thats like asking if the American public allowed child labor and Bell Labs monopolies to occur. Is that question more important than the answer to when we put an end to it?
When people start to understand what affects their neighbor affects them also and they have enough courage to stand up and say no more. When they understand that if it is not good for one it is not good for all. When the greed becomes so bad that they are living on the streets or know personally someone else that does.

If people are not willing to stand together and they have so much fear in them that they allow a bully to bully them because they don't want to get too uncomfortable or they are afraid they will lose some personal property along the way. I've got to say what has been said to me over and over again in the last 7 years and even here on this board, for many, "they deserve what they get".

If you are unwilling to take a stand against being a bought and paid for slave then you are a slave.

hehehe.. yea, dude.. 'cause that ebil ole gobmint sure did tell GM to pump out SUVs and fuckin HUMMERS during a period when gas prices had skyrocketted through the roof. sure, dude. do you see boogeymen in your closet too?
GM built those cars WELL BEFORE the price of gas went up to $4.00/gal.

GM, Ford, and Chrysler created the SUV because Americans still want large cars, and truck chassis were exempt from the original CAFE standards.

Just another example of people getting what they want, and the marketplace delivering to them, no matter what a bunch of authoritarian do-gooders believe is "best" for them.

Sure, you saw the occasional blazer in the 90s but you sure as FUCK didn't see the sea of SUVs out on the road that we see today. Remember Bush's little SUV tax credit? Yea, dude.. tell me about the influence of "do gooders"... :rofl:

USATODAY.com - SUV, truck owners get a big tax break

:cuckoo:

Like I said, homey.. if YOU think you have more economic impact making 9 dollars than 24 then you probably should have picked a different school at which to take an econ class. Your opinion about the value of a solid, stable UAW middle class, and the American culture it produced, means two things to me. Go ahead and ask around what those two things are. They begin with a J and an S. Again, there is a reason why you rely on theoretical bullshit rather than concrete facts. I'll spare you the Greenspan quotes because I'd hate to burst that iridescent little bubble you seem to be floating in. Let's just say that his POST-fubar quotes don't particularly match his PRE-fubar quotes. Care to guess which one matches your posts?
Like I said.....homey....You're claiming that your completely arbitrary concept of "economic impact" is the only valid criteria for people who take the jobs you decry to have.

I mean, shit....People go to Ruth's Chris and grossly overpay for a meal every day of the week!! Do you have any idea how many staaaaarrrrvvviiinnnngg chhiiiilllllldrreeennn that money could feed???

thats like asking if the American public allowed child labor and Bell Labs monopolies to occur. Is that question more important than the answer to when we put an end to it?
When people start to understand what affects their neighbor affects them also and they have enough courage to stand up and say no more. When they understand that if it is not good for one it is not good for all. When the greed becomes so bad that they are living on the streets or know personally someone else that does.

If people are not willing to stand together and they have so much fear in them that they allow a bully to bully them because they don't want to get too uncomfortable or they are afraid they will lose some personal property along the way. I've got to say what has been said to me over and over again in the last 7 years and even here on this board, for many, "they deserve what they get".

If you are unwilling to take a stand against being a bought and paid for slave then you are a slave.

Indeed.. but, if you'll recall, this bumper sticker became very popular in the 80s for the same reason we are having this discussion right now. We knew then what would happen if free market capitalistas had their way and look what happened. Pay attention to which side doesn't give a fuck as long as it doesn't impact their personal life; the game didn't change even if the field we are playing on looks more like a city dump than a soccer field.

BC266A.jpg

Sure, you saw the occasional blazer in the 90s but you sure as FUCK didn't see the sea of SUVs out on the road that we see today. Remember Bush's little SUV tax credit? Yea, dude.. tell me about the influence of "do gooders"... :rofl:

OCCASIONAL Blazer in the '90s?!?!?!???????

Pal, I live well above 7,000 feet....This place was CRAWLING with SUVs and vans, back then as well as today.

You really should get out into the real world a little more.

Indeed.. but, if you'll recall, this bumper sticker became very popular in the 80s for the same reason we are having this discussion right now. We knew then what would happen if free market capitalistas had their way and look what happened. Pay attention to which side doesn't give a fuck as long as it doesn't impact their personal life; the game didn't change even if the field we are playing on looks more like a city dump than a soccer field.

BC266A.jpg
In the 1980's it was one side that assisted me in overcoming being blacklisted...guess which side? In the 90's it was one side that was assisting taking me out of business in mining high grade road materials....guess which side?

I don't want to play a sides games with anyone as I see sellouts on both sides. So let's join together and get rid of all the sellouts.

I mean, shit....People go to Ruth's Chris and grossly overpay for a meal every day of the week!! Do you have any idea how many staaaaarrrrvvviiinnnngg chhiiiilllllldrreeennn that money could feed???

That's an interesting point, actually. Few Americans consider the fact that there could be actual immorality in indulging in luxuries rather than attempting to aid the poor with extra finances. The classic argument presented in Famine, Affluence, and Morality involved a child drowning in a shallow pond. You could easily save the child without any risk to yourself, but would ruin your shoes or trousers upon entering the water. Few people claim that it would be moral to let the child drown in order to save your shoes or trousers because they can recognize that those articles are not of comparable moral significance to the life of a child.

However, it's the case that many people simply indulge in luxuries presently instead of donating money to charitable organizations that could provide life-saving aid to those who need it, which seems parallel to the analogy. The luxuries are not of comparable moral significance to human life. Why is it then any less immoral to not donate aid in such a circumstance?

Like I said, homey.. if YOU think you have more economic impact making 9 dollars than 24 then you probably should have picked a different school at which to take an econ class. Your opinion about the value of a solid, stable UAW middle class, and the American culture it produced, means two things to me. Go ahead and ask around what those two things are. They begin with a J and an S. Again, there is a reason why you rely on theoretical bullshit rather than concrete facts. I'll spare you the Greenspan quotes because I'd hate to burst that iridescent little bubble you seem to be floating in. Let's just say that his POST-fubar quotes don't particularly match his PRE-fubar quotes. Care to guess which one matches your posts?
Like I said.....homey....You're claiming that your completely arbitrary concept of "economic impact" is the only valid criteria for people who take the jobs you decry to have.

yea dude! the comparative impact of a yearly 9 dollar salary versus a 24 dollar salary SURE IS ARBITRARY!

:rofl:

lord fucking knows that both can easily pay for breakfast, lunch and dinner equally for a whole year without one falling short sometime in June!

:lol:

You know.. The Big Labowski is one of my favorite movies and I can't help but think that you pretty much shit on the entire Dude concept with this kind of laughable capitalista bullshit. It's disappointing to be having this conversation with a guy hiding behind the face of the Dude.

A rational person might behave differently because sometimes the principle is worth more than the few pennies saved. I know when I purchase Chinese goods that I'm in truth supporting the communist Chinese government.

Same difference, you're just adding another variable into your calculation of value and puting the price tag of "the few pennies saved" on your principle of not supporting the communist Chinese government, however it's safe to say that your "principle" in this case has a price tag, for example what if the price difference was $1000, would you still pay the difference to service your "principle" ? not to mention in order to say that your "principle" has no price tag then you'd have to say that you NEVER purchase Chinese manufactured products.

OCCASIONAL Blazer in the '90s?!?!?!???????

Pal, I live well above 7,000 feet....This place was CRAWLING with SUVs and vans, back then as well as today.

You really should get out into the real world a little more.

yea, dude.. because the rest of the Us is reflective of your little john denver mountain high, dude.

:rofl:

Hey, if there are snow machines crawling through out Alaska does that mean it's our national fucking off road vehicle too?

:lol:

maybe YOU should come down off of the fucking mountain a bit more.

Last edited:

They sure as heck did. The American public got sick and tired of paying top dollar for inferior products.. ie american cars.. you want Americans to buy America give us something good and affordable to buy.

HA!

yea.. nothing says top quality like.. uh.. a hyundai.

Better yet, why don't we go ahead and demand that any nation that exports more goods to America than they import of ours gets to apply tarifs on their goods until they play fair and stop making bitch ass capitalistas scramble to ignore that 50 billion dollar fucking trade deficit. CARAZY, i know.

Toyota! is Quality!

yea dude! the comparative impact of a yearly 9 dollar salary versus a 24 dollar salary SURE IS ARBITRARY!

Arbitrary No, many of those who were making $24.00 an hour are out of work or soon to be out of work, those working in factories making $9.00 an hour still have jobs and will have jobs in the future, there's a simple explaination to that conundrum, those that were making $24.00 an hour in UAW factories weren't worth that much. The union geniuses priced much of their own membership right out of the labor market. :oops:

Wal-Mart Stores has shortlisted top Indian tech firms, including TCS, Infosys and Wipro, for an outsourcing contract potentially worth up to $500 million over next few years, as the retailer seeks to award multiple contracts for managing its business applications and other back office activities.

At least two people familiar with Wal-Mart's outsourcing strategy told ET on conditions of anonymity that the retailer is expected to start outsourcing more to India within six months.

"Wal-Mart has been testing the waters by outsourcing smaller projects to companies such as Infosys, TCS and Wipro. Now, the retailer wants to flesh out a more comprehensive outsourcing strategy and has shortlisted these tech vendors," said a senior executive of one of the tech firms exploring business opportunities with Wal-Mart. He requested anonymity because he is not authorised to speak to media.

Wal-Mart to Start Outsourcing More to India - BusinessWeek

ROFL... Isn't it precious, when leftists come to cry about the 'unintended consequences' of the staggering levels of regulation and encumberances that they've saddled the market with... when those regulations and encumberances result in the loss of opportunities for the American market?

It absolutely cracks me up...

Where an Indian wants to start a business; he gets on the phone and starts putting together some deals... if he wants to hire someone, he hires them... He pays them what he can afford to pay them; not some arbitrary minimum wage, no federal safety regulations... no regulatory expenses pushing the cost of employing those people beyond whatever their mutally agreed upon wages...

LOL... Now I just hope this imbecile is posting this from Michigan... which is ABOUT to get a FIRST CLASS EDUCATION in what happens when Government decides to turn Industry into a means to implement social FAIRNESS...

The individual that THIS IMBECILE voted for, just FORCED CHRYSLER to be sold to ITALY... They are in the process of KILLING General Motors... FORCING THEM INTO A DEAL FROM WHICH THEY CANNOT POSSIBLY RECOVER FROM...

ROFL... You idiots are CLAMMERING ABOUT WALMART HIRING AN Indian firm for some obscure function and YOUR OWN PARTY IS CRUSHING MILLIONS OF JOBS in just THOSE TWO DEALS ALONE!

DUMBASSES!

Last edited:

Arbitrary No, many of those who were making $24.00 an hour are out of work or soon to be out of work, those working in factories making $9.00 an hour still have jobs and will have jobs in the future, there's a simple explaination to that conundrum, those that were making $24.00 an hour in UAW factories weren't worth that much. The union geniuses priced much of their own membership right out of the labor market. :oops:
Hogwash, you want to blame the workers? You my man are as full shit as they come. Place the blame on over paid executives, the politicians, the insurance companies, the over inflated value of property, inflated taxes and the union bosses but don't you dare blame a working man/woman for the desire to make enough to feed his/her family and live in a decent home. You shot any credibility you had right out the window. "stand4liberty" my aching ass.

That's an interesting point, actually. Few Americans consider the fact that there could be actual immorality in indulging in luxuries rather than attempting to aid the poor with extra finances. The classic argument presented in Famine, Affluence, and Morality involved a child drowning in a shallow pond. You could easily save the child without any risk to yourself, but would ruin your shoes or trousers upon entering the water. Few people claim that it would be moral to let the child drown in order to save your shoes or trousers because they can recognize that those articles are not of comparable moral significance to the life of a child.

However, it's the case that many people simply indulge in luxuries presently instead of donating money to charitable organizations that could provide life-saving aid to those who need it, which seems parallel to the analogy. The luxuries are not of comparable moral significance to human life. Why is it then any less immoral to not donate aid in such a circumstance?
"Immorality" as defined by you.

I have as little time for collectivist left moralizing as I do for collectivist right moralizing.....As in NONE.

Forcing people to give their business to someone whose product costs too much leaves less money in the pockets of the charitable to give.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back