So much for buy american! walmart to outsource even more!

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Life_Long_Dem!, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Life_Long_Dem!

Life_Long_Dem! Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Wal-Mart Stores has shortlisted top Indian tech firms, including TCS, Infosys and Wipro, for an outsourcing contract potentially worth up to $500 million over next few years, as the retailer seeks to award multiple contracts for managing its business applications and other back office activities.

At least two people familiar with Wal-Mart's outsourcing strategy told ET on conditions of anonymity that the retailer is expected to start outsourcing more to India within six months.

"Wal-Mart has been testing the waters by outsourcing smaller projects to companies such as Infosys, TCS and Wipro. Now, the retailer wants to flesh out a more comprehensive outsourcing strategy and has shortlisted these tech vendors," said a senior executive of one of the tech firms exploring business opportunities with Wal-Mart. He requested anonymity because he is not authorised to speak to media.

Wal-Mart to Start Outsourcing More to India - BusinessWeek

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. STAND4LIBERTY

STAND4LIBERTY Independent Libertarian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Yeah and? if it made business sense to keep the jobs in this country, Wal Mart might actually do that, huh? I wonder why it doesn't make business sense.... hmmm......

3. Life_Long_Dem!

Life_Long_Dem! Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41
    so it makes MORE business sense to screw americans out of jobs that they are capable of doing! Oh yeah I forgot it would cut into profit margins to pay american workers 7-9 bucks on hour when you can save that profit and keep more in their already fat wallet, overpaid asses by outsourcing at half or better of the cost! viva la capitalism!:cuckoo:

4. STAND4LIBERTY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Are you operating under the delusion that Wal Mart is some sort of an employment agency for American Workers? Hate to break it to you but Wal Mart is a for profit company which means that they have a responsibility to their share holders to maximize profit. If they could pursue that objective by keeping those jobs in the United States they would, however apparently they can get the same services at a cheaper price elsewhere and not doing so would be idiotic and be grounds for dismissing it's management.

Let me ask you this, do you regularly buy american made products which are more expensive than foreign produced alternatives just because they are made in America, or do you attempt (like the vast majority of us) to get the best value for your hard earned dollar?

5. Life_Long_Dem!

Life_Long_Dem! Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41
    to answer your question in all honesty yes my wife and myself try as hard as we can to buy american but that is kind of hard to do when the vast majority of products we as a country buy are not even american made anymore, for Christ sake many AMERICAN flags are not even made in American anymore, I have come across MANY that say made in china or other foriegn nations...am I the only one that sees something wrong with that?

6. STAND4LIBERTY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    That's not what I asked you, once again, do you regularly buy american made products that are more expensive than foreign made alternatives simply because they are made in America .... let me put it more simply for you, assume you're in the market for widgets...

Widget X is made in the United States and costs $100
    Widget Y is made in China and costs $60

Assuming the quality is the same, which one do you buy ?

7. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    Feel free to take your silly fucking ass to ghetto China, buddy! While you are there go ahead and mention that little Trade Deficit subject that seems to make your type run like mice from the housecat of reality. neg 50 billion mean anything to you, motherfucker?

8. STAND4LIBERTY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    LOL, you're funny. When do we get to the part where your head actually explodes? :cuckoo:

9. Life_Long_Dem!

Life_Long_Dem! Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I do believe i DID answer your question..we do try and buy AMERICAN no matter the cost but when so much is not even AMERICAN MADE anymore like AMERICAN FLAGS it is kinda hard to do so.

10. STAND4LIBERTY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    So would you buy Widget X or Widget Y ?