So much for buy american! walmart to outsource even more!

Oct 18, 2008
Bowling Green Ohio
Wal-Mart Stores has shortlisted top Indian tech firms, including TCS, Infosys and Wipro, for an outsourcing contract potentially worth up to $500 million over next few years, as the retailer seeks to award multiple contracts for managing its business applications and other back office activities.

At least two people familiar with Wal-Mart's outsourcing strategy told ET on conditions of anonymity that the retailer is expected to start outsourcing more to India within six months.

"Wal-Mart has been testing the waters by outsourcing smaller projects to companies such as Infosys, TCS and Wipro. Now, the retailer wants to flesh out a more comprehensive outsourcing strategy and has shortlisted these tech vendors," said a senior executive of one of the tech firms exploring business opportunities with Wal-Mart. He requested anonymity because he is not authorised to speak to media.

Wal-Mart to Start Outsourcing More to India - BusinessWeek

Wal-Mart Stores has shortlisted top Indian tech firms, including TCS, Infosys and Wipro, for an outsourcing contract potentially worth up to $500 million over next few years, as the retailer seeks to award multiple contracts for managing its business applications and other back office activities.

At least two people familiar with Wal-Mart's outsourcing strategy told ET on conditions of anonymity that the retailer is expected to start outsourcing more to India within six months.

"Wal-Mart has been testing the waters by outsourcing smaller projects to companies such as Infosys, TCS and Wipro. Now, the retailer wants to flesh out a more comprehensive outsourcing strategy and has shortlisted these tech vendors," said a senior executive of one of the tech firms exploring business opportunities with Wal-Mart. He requested anonymity because he is not authorised to speak to media.

Yeah and? if it made business sense to keep the jobs in this country, Wal Mart might actually do that, huh? I wonder why it doesn't make business sense.... hmmm......

Yeah and? if it made business sense to keep the jobs in this country, Wal Mart might actually do that, huh? I wonder why it doesn't make business sense.... hmmm......

so it makes MORE business sense to screw americans out of jobs that they are capable of doing! Oh yeah I forgot it would cut into profit margins to pay american workers 7-9 bucks on hour when you can save that profit and keep more in their already fat wallet, overpaid asses by outsourcing at half or better of the cost! viva la capitalism!:cuckoo:

so it makes MORE business sense to screw americans out of jobs that they are capable of doing! Oh yeah I forgot it would cut into profit margins to pay american workers 7-9 bucks on hour when you can save that profit and keep more in their already fat wallet, overpaid asses by outsourcing at half or better of the cost! viva la capitalism!:cuckoo:

Are you operating under the delusion that Wal Mart is some sort of an employment agency for American Workers? Hate to break it to you but Wal Mart is a for profit company which means that they have a responsibility to their share holders to maximize profit. If they could pursue that objective by keeping those jobs in the United States they would, however apparently they can get the same services at a cheaper price elsewhere and not doing so would be idiotic and be grounds for dismissing it's management.

Let me ask you this, do you regularly buy american made products which are more expensive than foreign produced alternatives just because they are made in America, or do you attempt (like the vast majority of us) to get the best value for your hard earned dollar?

Are you operating under the delusion that Wal Mart is some sort of an employment agency for American Workers? Hate to break it to you but Wal Mart is a for profit company which means that they have a responsibility to their share holders to maximize profit. If they could pursue that objective by keeping those jobs in the United States they would, however apparently they can get the same services at a cheaper price elsewhere and not doing so would be idiotic and be grounds for dismissing it's management.

Let me ask you this, do you regularly buy american made products which are more expensive than foreign produced alternatives just because they are made in America, or do you attempt (like the vast majority of us) to get the best value for your hard earned dollar?

to answer your question in all honesty yes my wife and myself try as hard as we can to buy american but that is kind of hard to do when the vast majority of products we as a country buy are not even american made anymore, for Christ sake many AMERICAN flags are not even made in American anymore, I have come across MANY that say made in china or other foriegn nations...am I the only one that sees something wrong with that?

to answer your question in all honesty yes my wife and myself try as hard as we can to buy american
That's not what I asked you, once again, do you regularly buy american made products that are more expensive than foreign made alternatives simply because they are made in America .... let me put it more simply for you, assume you're in the market for widgets...

Widget X is made in the United States and costs $100
Widget Y is made in China and costs $60

Assuming the quality is the same, which one do you buy ?

Feel free to take your silly fucking ass to ghetto China, buddy! While you are there go ahead and mention that little Trade Deficit subject that seems to make your type run like mice from the housecat of reality. neg 50 billion mean anything to you, motherfucker?

Feel free to take your silly fucking ass to ghetto China, buddy! While you are there go ahead and mention that little Trade Deficit subject that seems to make your type run like mice from the housecat of reality. neg 50 billion mean anything to you, motherfucker?

LOL, you're funny. When do we get to the part where your head actually explodes? :cuckoo:

to answer your question in all honesty yes my wife and myself try as hard as we can to buy american
That's not what I asked you, once again, do you regularly buy american made products that are more expensive than foreign made alternatives simply because they are made in America .... let me put it more simply for you, assume you're in the market for widgets...

I do believe i DID answer your question..we do try and buy AMERICAN no matter the cost but when so much is not even AMERICAN MADE anymore like AMERICAN FLAGS it is kinda hard to do so.

I do believe i DID answer your question..we do try and buy AMERICAN no matter the cost but when so much is not even AMERICAN MADE anymore like AMERICAN FLAGS it is kinda hard to do so.

So would you buy Widget X or Widget Y ?

Listen if you were a poor billionaire, like the Waltons, you'd see how tough it was to make ends meet. Greed motivates walmart, but greed motivates its customers too. Buy cheap junk - it makes you feel better about your third world wages. When you look at the collapse of Russia it is obvious it came from inside. America will collapse too if our children have no jobs and all work goes to third world nations.

Offshoring: The Next Industrial Revolution? | Foreign Affairs

Wal-Mart Watch | Fighting for Wal-Mart Workers | Employee Free Choice Act
WAL-MART: The High Cost of Low Price
Value and Values at Wal-Mart -- Behind That Implacable Smiley Face
As Union Nears Win, Wal-Mart Closes Store
Majority Says Wal-Mart Bad for America: Poll
Wal-Mart Subsidy Watch - brought to you by Good Jobs First

I buy widget X, that person supports me too - cars bicycles tools all made here.

http://www.madeinusa.com/
http://www.made-in.us.com/
http://www.madeinusaforever.com/
http://www.uaw.org/uawmade/index.cfm

Last edited:

LOL, you're funny. When do we get to the part where your head actually explodes? :cuckoo:

I take it you'd rather not comment on the trade deficit with China, eh puss? Why does that not shock me. don't worry, dude.. when the wal marts of the US and your type of asshole gets to deal with tariffs on all imported goods from nations with that kind of trade deficit then we can talk about whose head gets to explode.

:thup:

Make the US a friendly business environment, with far less punitive taxation and regulation, then you'll see far less of this.

Wait, Dem policies drive business out, then you demonize business for being driven out?

Of course.

So would you buy Widget X or Widget Y ?

here we go AGAIN...widget x...there NOW do you get my answer or do I need to simplify it for you! and you seem to be dodging my comments on american made products, am I the only one that sees something wrong with AMERICAN flags being made in other countries?

We are paying a price, and will continue to pay a price, for all of this outsourcing. But I won't make an argument for protectionist actions either, because those will hurt us even more in the long run. The truth is that American business will eventually understand that to be profitable in the US, Americans need to earn a reasonable income. Part of our current problems are simply due to the fact that American's incomes have been stagnant, if not decreasing, in real terms over the last ten years.

At the same time, wages need to be somewhat competetive, which in many cases they are not. I'm afraid that this will continue to be a problem no matter how we try to address the issue. What it is going to take is for some of the world's other economies to begin to catch up to us, so that there isn't such a discrepancy in costs.

Make the US a friendly business environment, with far less punitive taxation and regulation, then you'll see far less of this.

Wait, Dem policies drive business out, then you demonize business for being driven out?

Of course.

YEA! If some asshole capitalist wants a SWEAT SHOP then let them have it! Clearly, Americans should work for 57 grains of rice AND LIKE IT! If China can do it SO CAN WE!

:cuckoo:

commerce will happen even if your silly fucking rhetoric is purged from the US. You want to pay wages like a Mexican nafta-loving company? Then take your fucking ass south of the border and stop treating the United States like the dog's balls that your tick ass sucks blood from.

here we go AGAIN...widget x...there NOW do you get my answer or do I need to simplify it for you! and you seem to be dodging my comments on american made products, am I the only one that sees something wrong with AMERICAN flags being made in other countries?

It was a simple question, no need to get upset about it ...

So buying the more expensive American made product , you are effectively accomplishing a couple of things

a.) you're voluntarily reducing the standard of living of you and your family by squandering your available resources.

b.) propping up an clearly inefficient producer, who will then continue to destroy wealth by holding otherwise productive resources hostage from the rest of the economy and become a drag on the growth of the overall economy thus reducing overall domestic job creation.

Nice strategy..... however if Wal Mart pursued the same strategy it would find itself becoming unable to compete and thus would fail in both it's responsibility to it's investors AND it's current employees.

Here endth the lesson.

We are paying a price, and will continue to pay a price, for all of this outsourcing. But I won't make an argument for protectionist actions either, because those will hurt us even more in the long run. The truth is that American business will eventually understand that to be profitable in the US, Americans need to earn a reasonable income. Part of our current problems are simply due to the fact that American's incomes have been stagnant, if not decreasing, in real terms over the last ten years.

At the same time, wages need to be somewhat competetive, which in many cases they are not. I'm afraid that this will continue to be a problem no matter how we try to address the issue. What it is going to take is for some of the world's other economies to begin to catch up to us, so that there isn't such a discrepancy in costs.

The giant gaping flaw in your post is that you assume that asshole capitalistas will come to discover that the consumer base of America "needs a reasonable income". Listen to their rhetoric. What the hell ELSE do you think they mean by "become more competitive"? Competitive to a fucking Chinese sweat shop, mind you. Could you live off of the yearly income of the average Chinese manufacturing worker HERE in the US? I'd bet not. Do you think these assholes DONT want to pay that low of a cost of labor? get real.

Take Nafta induced Mexican Auto production, for example.. At one time the Auto industry was a major supporter of the American middle class. Do you think "becomming competitive" with a mexican fucking ghetto increases or DECREASES the US standard of living?

So buying the more expensive American made product , you are effectively accomplishing a couple of things

a.) you're voluntarily reducing the standard of living of you and your family by squandering your available resources.

b.) propping up an clearly inefficient producer, who will then continue to destroy wealth by holding otherwise productive resources hostage from the rest of the economy and become a drag on the growth of the overall economy thus reducing overall domestic job creation.

Nice strategy..... however if Wal Mart pursued the same strategy it would find itself becoming unable to compete and thus would fail in both it's responsibility to it's investors AND it's current employees.

Here endth the lesson.

YOU SIR ARE AN ANTI AMERICAN moron! NUFF SAID and good day to you

Here endth the lesson.

YOU SIR ARE AN ANTI AMERICAN moron! NUFF SAID and good day to you
LOL, that's the spirit , do what most of you lefties do, when you can't provide a rational rebuttal, resort to name calling :clap2:

Forum List

Back