So loving my bike...

Monday is payday, and I'm going to take the bike in, get it fitted and have it winterized, whatever that might entail. It's making a little rattling noise in a few of the gears so I'm going to figure out what that is, make sure that nothing's rubbing funky with the brakes which have been working really well, but they get a workout so I'll have them checked. I have decided the seat needs to move back, I didn't even know I could do that until ABS mentioned fitting and I looked it up online and discovered "fore and aft" adjustment exists, wow. Anyway, I'll let them do that in the shop, they have the tools and can help me and I won't have to hurt my fingers, I hate doing that sort of thing...

Something I'm noticing....my BACK feels better these last few days! The constant burning sensation that I've dealt with for the last 20 years is lessening and sometimes gone altogether. I didn't expect that. I know that when I'm on that dirt bike trail I'm using my upper body a lot to balance/move the bike around, and I can feel it in my shoulders and core.

I love bicycling!

The back pain improvement is likely due to the fact that you are strengthening your abdominals and lats, giving your back more support.

Bingo.

I love my bike too. Started riding about a year ago on a Fuji crosstown hybrid. Got into long distance touring and got a Surly Long Haul Trucker. I ride 100 - 200 miles a week. Biking has been a godsend for me. Clears the mind, plus I've lost gobs of weight.

Yupper...my route, only 1.5 miles each way...there's not much I can do about that, so I try to really push for speed up the hills and sometimes hit the up/down trail that kills me...I didn't hit it today but I'm going to tomorrow. Plus I just do it over and over....and i try to take the bike whenever I can to run errands.

Yupper...my route, only 1.5 miles each way...there's not much I can do about that, so I try to really push for speed up the hills and sometimes hit the up/down trail that kills me...I didn't hit it today but I'm going to tomorrow. Plus I just do it over and over....and i try to take the bike whenever I can to run errands.

That's awesome. I first got into it when my car shot craps and I didn't feel like replacing it. I work from home, so didn't need much in the way of transportation and managed to get by on just a bike for several months - in the suburbs at that.

Later, I was talked into doing an overnight bike-camping trip with some friends in the NJ Pine Barrens and really fell in love with the notion of bike touring. That's when I got my 'Trucker' (a heavy duty bike designed for carrying stuff) and started taking the longer rides. A couple of weekends ago we did a 200-mile three-day trip through DE, camping and riding around the state. The absolute best way to travel IMHO. Now I'm looking into planning a multi-week bike tour of Europe. I'll have to save up for that one, but I think it will be worth it.\

Yeah the bike I'm using is a trail bike. I want a straight up street bike too, for the days when I just want to get somewhere fast.

My car has essentially been parked for the entire week and at least part of last week.

If you aren't too demanding in terms of 'performance', you might check out the Surly "Long Haul Trucker". It sort of splits the difference between a mountain bike and a road bike, without being as 'soft and mushy' as a typical hybrid. Surly focuses on building solid bikes that are comfortable to ride and rugged for long rides.

Last edited:
Plus the risk of drowning is almost nil.

If the boys had stuck around, I would have made a go of the boat.

Plus the risk of drowning is almost nil.

If the boys had stuck around, I would have made a go of the boat.

Hey.. let's not get crazy. Love my bike, but a boat would be pretty sweet as well. Nice forty foot live-aboard.... that's the life!

I know, I haven't been wearing my helmet but I will next week, I can't ride this much without a helmet, I'm going to eventually biff and we have a lot of elderly drivers.

I'm also going to get some sort of backpack or belly bag.

omg...*smacking you upside your dumbass head*

80% of fatal bike deaths are prevented by what......by what.....

o brain buckets...the kids always have them on in pics on fakebook.....

i cant believe you some times...

I started wearing my helmet this week!

I wore a lifejacket for my only boating excursion!

While pedaling along this morning, winding through the neighborhood, what should I spy but a huge splat of bear shit!

Nice to know they're roaming about the neighborhood...

I'm not worried about the bear chewing my head...I'm worried about him starting at my ass and eating me alive.

Which is the way they do it. They hold your head down and start gnawing on your backside.

Fuck you, dipshit.

Incidentally, I posted my threads in Politics because it's where the terrorist apologists posted their dumbshit threads about how much they love terrorists.

After all, Islam isn't just a religion...

Last edited:
Fuck you, dipshit.

Incidentally, I posted my threads in Politics because it's where the terrorist apologists posted their dumbshit threads about how much they love terrorists.

After all, Islam isn't just a religion...

So two wrongs make a right? What page of the Good Book is that on? I forgot.

Nothing at all wrong about it. It's political.

But please continue to obsess over it. It makes you look exceptionally odd.

Nothing at all wrong about it. It's political.

But please continue to obsess over it. It makes you look exceptionally odd.

Me pointing-out the fact that you're posting religious threads in the politics forum makes me look odd :eusa_think: Then, you melting-down over me pointing it out AND you justifying it w/ the UN Christian retort of "well someone else did it so its OK" also makes me look odd. :clap2:

Forum List

Back