So Liberals.

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
let's discuss your platform! As I understand it you want a $15.00 per hr minimum wage. Guaranteed time off. Who will pay for this?

You also want affordable college for all, and child care for working families. Who will pay for this?
And single payer? Who will pay for this?

From where will the revenue come?

Please answer civilly and seriously. And, if you feel inclined explain how college tuition became unaffordable.

Last edited:
The only ones with integrity that could answer will probably be unavailable until they make bail in Philly.

let's discuss your platform! As I understand it you want a $15.00 per hr minimum wage. Guaranteed time off. Who will pay for this?

You also want affordable college for all, and child care for working families. Who will pay for this?

Please answer civilly and seriously. And, if you feel inclined explain how college tuition became unaffordable.

The savings from not building a trillion dollar wall.

Build the wall!

The wall will never be built. The 45% tariffs on imported goods will never be imposed. The internment of Muslim-Americans will never happen.

Trump is selling fantasies (and not the good kind, lol).

well, the $15 an hour minimum wage would be years out, and those who buy the products minimum wagers produce would pay....just like when all other business expenses rise in cost...they are prorated and spread out in to the retail of their products sold.

College, I have no idea how that would be funded initially, but in the long term, higher paying jobs will get the gvt's money back in to the coffers via their higher salaries with higher taxes collected on the higher salaries...

Pay for maternity leave for the mother, is provided by most companies now, but for small businesses, the gvt would have to come in and help these small businesses...pay for it. This would not amount to much...because we only have about 4 / 5 million women each year having babies, not all of them work for small businesses that can not afford the leave with pay benefit...for our gvt taxes to come in and pay for them.

You won't have to pay for any of it because you're old and poor.
Who will pay for it?

let's discuss your platform! As I understand it you want a $15.00 per hr minimum wage. Guaranteed time off. Who will pay for this? You also want affordable college for all, and child care for working families. Who will pay for this?And single payer? Who will pay for this? From where will the revenue come? Please answer civilly and seriously. And, if you feel inclined explain how college tuition became unaffordable.
Is any of this actually in the platform? The $15 minimum wage isn't. It was voted down. Where are your getting your info?

The wall will never be built. The 45% tariffs on imported goods will never be imposed. The internment of Muslim-Americans will never happen.

Trump is selling fantasies (and not the good kind, lol).
Not even a part of the question.

well, the $15 an hour minimum wage would be years out, and those who buy the products minimum wagers produce would pay....just like when all other business expenses rise in cost...they are prorated and spread out in to the retail of their products sold.

College, I have no idea how that would be funded initially, but in the long term, higher paying jobs will get the gvt's money back in to the coffers via their higher salaries with higher taxes collected on the higher salaries...

Pay for maternity leave for the mother, is provided by most companies now, but for small businesses, the gvt would have to come in and help these small businesses...pay for it. This would not amount to much...because we only have about 4 / 5 million women each year having babies, not all of them work for small businesses that can not afford the leave with pay benefit...for our gvt taxes to come in and pay for them.
so you know raising the min wage won't work b/c you know costs will rise, but still want it done.....

we fund college through taxes and since we do the cost of college out inflated everything else. the rest is fantasy.

it me and you that pay for the increased cost of doing business and we pay even more when the government does it.

The problem with the 15 buck an hour minimum is all it accomplishes is to cause inflation. It really does nothing else. Those who actually have skills will complain that they are being paid minimum wage, so they demand higher wages (naturally, and logically) which causes all of the things that they produce to increase in price and you are right back where you started at. Only the actual money is worth less. In other words, a lot of glad handing feel good legislation that accomplishes nothing.

Furthermore as you force employers to pay untrained people more, you eventually get to the point where robotics makes more sense. They don't go on strike, they actually work, on time, and without personal animosity. More and more you are going to see this happen. As far as the wall go's the reason why I am for it is to drive the illegals back home where they can have the revolution that Mexico has needed for the last 100 years. Right now illegal aliens cause a two tier wage system to be created. That keeps ALL wages artificially low which hurts all Americans, especially the middle class.

What most progressives who want free college for everyone don't seem to know is even in Europe that is not a true policy. In Germany, and most of the European countries you take a test in Middle School, the results of that test determine if you even GET to go to college. Score low and college is never even a possibility.

Last edited:

Too bad the wall doesn't cost anywhere near that...

Forum List

Back