So Let's Get This Shit Straight.

Let's just all stop the bullshit: the initial statement DID NOT disparage Mrs. Romney as a stay at home mom who worked hard, but as a woman who married a man of inherited wealth who DID NOT have to REALLY worry about such things as doctor bills, dentist bills, new shoes, finding a decent day care center while she worked her part time or full time job.

There's a big difference between work that you want to do as opposed to work that you have to do, people.

Period.

PolitiFact | Mitt Romney says he didn't inherit money from his parents

Despite their weasly approach, they acknowledge that Romney was already weatlhy on his own before his parents passed.

It is unfortunate that you spread this kind of crapp and then complain about Fox News.

Despite YOUR weasely approach, they point out the following:

There's no evidence we saw that Romney's parents helped buy him a business career. But there were certain advantages to Romney's comfortable upbringing.

Romney started college at Stanford, where his "allowance" was big enough for frequent plane tickets to sneak home to Michigan see his girlfriend, Ann, according to a recently published book by two Boston Globe journalists, "The Real Romney."

After a two-year missionary trip to France,....

Bottom line: Romney wasn't some college kid eating instant noodles 7 days a week, working a part time job while sweating out next semester's tuition.

Missionary trips to France? The plane ticket's alone ain't nothing to sneeze at! And like the article says, Romney's hedging on just how much of a "check" he got from his Dad isn't the same as , ".... a copy of his father's will." Coupled with Romney's documented display of dubious claims on his campaign trail, I'm not going to buy into his "near self-made man" scenario. Yeah, he worked hard I'm sure and knows his business and is successful, but that doesn't automatically green light everything he states.

And when all is said and done, this STILL DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT HIS WIFE MARRIED INTO A SITUATION WHERE SHE WAS REALLY SWEATING THE BILLS:

"We were happy, studying hard. Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time," she said.

When the couple moved to Boston so Romney could study business and law at Harvard, his parents helped them buy a house.

It's not clear who paid for his education, but Romney wasn't exactly a struggling student: enough cash for plane tickets, a car as a wedding gift, stock that kept him from having to work, help buying a home.

In other words, give me a fucking break with this NON-ISSUE.....Mitt and his wife are NOT the "joe lunch pail" couple that made good, as they are trying to portray themselves. I don't begrudge them their status, but I'll be damned if I'm going to stand here like a dummy and just swallow their BS.

Like I said before, there's a BIG difference between work you WANT to do, and work you HAVE to do! I do wish you neocon/teabagger clowns would actually READ CAREFULLY AND COMPREHENSIVELY before you parrot Drudge's talking points of the day. Carry on.

Last edited:
:clap2:

Congratulations! You're current on the Democratic talking points for Sunday April 15, 2012. Now if only you were actually right.

translation: another neocon/teabagger parrot who cannot logically or factually fault me, so he dodges with an insult and BS.

Much more interesting to watch you roll around in errors first then make my point.

The only "point" you made was demonstrating that instead of acknowledging that you can't refute or disprove what I stated, you instead just spout an opinion that has no merit. Carry on.

:clap2:

Congratulations! You're current on the Democratic talking points for Sunday April 15, 2012. Now if only you were actually right.

Yep anything that contains intelligent is differently a democrat talking point given that ignroance is the republcian route

And that party of ignorance kicked your asses in 2010.

Try it again moron.

BTW: the analysis as a rebutall was posted. I noticed the BBQ'd left winger hasn't returned to the thread.

Hhhhmmm........:doubt:

Hmmm, obviously you don't pay attention to anything beyond what Limbaugh, Rove and Drudge feed you.

The 2010 election involved a LARGE PERCENTAGE of those who voted for Obama in 2008 SITTING OUT THE ELECTIONS IN PROTESTS over Obama's capitulatory actions to the Party of No (GOP). They are now paying for it dearly, example being Gov. Walker in WI.

And FYI: not everyone can play on this board every day or as much as you do. I just put to rest your myopic review of the information you posted as a rebuttal. I look forward to your parroting only what pleases you.

Raising kids IS work. Precisely the counterpoint the Romneys are trying to make. Pertty good one too.

Ahh, but no one said being a stay-at-home Mom wasn't work. The POINT was that Mrs. Romney NEVER HAD TO WORK FOR A SALARY TO SUPPORT HER FAMILY IN ADDITION TO BEING A WORKING MOM. So when Mitt claims that he seeks her counsel on what's an important issue for mom's in America. Mrs. Romney DOES NOT have the references to be a sage on the economic issues.

Let's just all stop the bullshit: the initial statement DID NOT disparage Mrs. Romney as a stay at home mom who worked hard, but as a woman who married a man of inherited wealth who DID NOT have to REALLY worry about such things as doctor bills, dentist bills, new shoes, finding a decent day care center while she worked her part time or full time job.

There's a big difference between work that you want to do as opposed to work that you have to do, people.

Period.

Sure it did.

Elucidate, my child, elucidate!

Period.

Romney didn't inherit any wealth.

Not quite:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/5141366-post122.html

Gay or straight, stay at home mothering is a luxury that only the wealthy can afford.

As with every other issue they have talked about, the Romneys are clueless. Neither have ever had to live in the real world. That's okay. I mean who really cares about their car elevator or their horses. But they have no right to pretend to have first hand knowledge about things they've never experienced.

And you rws just look silly rushing to their defense. You do realize, don't you that they won't do the same for you unless you're all multi, multi, MULTI millionaires.

Get a clue. You work for them - Not the other way around. You would do well to remember that.

Are you a stupid motherfucker in real life or do you just play one on usmb?

Gay or straight, stay at home mothering is a luxury that only the wealthy can afford.

As with every other issue they have talked about, the Romneys are clueless. Neither have ever had to live in the real world. That's okay. I mean who really cares about their car elevator or their horses. But they have no right to pretend to have first hand knowledge about things they've never experienced.

And you rws just look silly rushing to their defense. You do realize, don't you that they won't do the same for you unless you're all multi, multi, MULTI millionaires.

Get a clue. You work for them - Not the other way around. You would do well to remember that.

Get a clue, bunky:

Romney made his wealth buying companies, firing people and then selling the company. YOU ARE NOT PART OF ROMNEY'S ECONOMIC/SOCIAL CLASS.....so if you were working for one of those companies, YOU were screwed! Deal with it.

Raising kids IS work. Precisely the counterpoint the Romneys are trying to make. Pertty good one too.

Ahh, but no one said being a stay-at-home Mom wasn't work. The POINT was that Mrs. Romney NEVER HAD TO WORK FOR A SALARY TO SUPPORT HER FAMILY IN ADDITION TO BEING A WORKING MOM. So when Mitt claims that he seeks her counsel on what's an important issue for mom's in America. Mrs. Romney DOES NOT have the references to be a sage on the economic issues.

Nope, that is pure spin from the left. Certainly understandable why you would like it to mean what you stated. The context and verbage doesn't support you at all.

Get a clue, bunky:

Romney made his wealth buying companies, firing people and then selling the company. YOU ARE NOT PART OF ROMNEY'S ECONOMIC/SOCIAL CLASS.....so if you were working for one of those companies, YOU were screwed! Deal with it.

You Marxist faggots stick together, I'll give you that much.....

Get a clue, bunky:

Homophobic trash.

Get a clue, bunky:

Homophobic trash.

Phobic implies fear, I laugh in your general direction.

That is utter bullshit. There are several stay at home mothers right here in my neighborhood...These homes are all under $200k per....So you can take your assumptions and cram them up your ass.
Hey, how about looking at the entire picture. Your liberal heroes such as Soros, The Kennedys, the Heinz Family, Bill Gates, Al Gore and that walking pile of chewed bubble gum , Michael Moore are all wealthy and some of them are among the wealthiest people on the planet.
This notion that only rich people are conservatives and only conservatives are wealthy is horse crap.

Get a clue, bunky:

Homophobic trash.

You're gay......

Really Gracie? Stay at home mothers are JEWELS in the crown of civilized society....the ONLY reason mothers have to work is that Taxation is WAY too high...or that some women prefer to work.

There is NOTHING silly about our defense of stay at home moms...OR would YOU like to return to the time to where the like of YOU were chastising Sarah Palin for working and NOT at home with her children?

You cannot have it both ways asshole.

Learn it, Live it, Know it Nerdite.
I am beginning to wonder if the Dictionary of American Slang uses the adjective "Asshole" when defining "Liberal"

Really Gracie? Stay at home mothers are JEWELS in the crown of civilized society....the ONLY reason mothers have to work is that Taxation is WAY too high...or that some women prefer to work.

There is NOTHING silly about our defense of stay at home moms...OR would YOU like to return to the time to where the like of YOU were chastising Sarah Palin for working and NOT at home with her children?

You cannot have it both ways asshole.

Learn it, Live it, Know it Nerdite.
I am beginning to wonder if the Dictionary of American Slang uses the adjective "Asshole" when defining "Liberal"

Not all Liberals are assholes, and the term “Liberal” is often very loosely defined so it’s unwise to apply specific categorizations across the broad pool (in my opinion). If you do so, it might (ironically) make you the asshole.

Also, I think that the option to be a stay at home mom is one that is often more difficult for a poorer person to commit to than a more wealthy person. In other words, it’s easier for a spouse to stay at home when their partner makes $200k/year vs $30k/year. So to say that being a stay at home mom is a “luxury” for the wealthy isn’t an entirely untrue statement.

Now I'm by no means saying that raising children is some easy and simple task (being a mom/parent is one of the most difficult and important jobs a person could have), I'm just saying that being in a partnership where only one of the people in the relationship needs to work (and the other can stay home) is generally a luxury for the “richer”.

Last edited:

Get a clue, bunky:

Translation: yet another willfully ignorant neocon/teabagger who once confronted with FACTS that he cannot BS around, resorts to childish insults that have NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. Carry on.

Nope, that is pure spin from the left. Certainly understandable why you would like it to mean what you stated. The context and verbage doesn't support you at all.

The context and verbage supports EXACTLY what I'm saying here.....that the neocon/teabagger entourage want desperately to create divert attention from the very policies of right wing politicos that detrimentally affect women in this country by making the statements of a lobbyist/pundit for hire more than what they are is the actual spin. What this actually does is open the window on the mindsets and actions of a candidate for President that is NOT conducive to the welfare of the working American mom. Case in point, Mrs. Romney sure as hell NEVER had to worry about the "work for welfare" situation that Mitt would enforce for single mom's as early as possible. That's the fact, jack. Deal.

Get a clue, bunky:

Translation: yet another willfully ignorant neocon/teabagger who once confronted with FACTS that he cannot BS around, resorts to childish insults that have NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. Carry on.

What fact would that be? The fact that Romney earned much of his wealth while working at Bain and faggot Marxists like you don't like it? Cry me a river, Timberlake.....

Forum List

Back