So if a private business owner says one has to be vaxxed to work there

CDC says masks trap ordinary moisture exhalation but virus is transmitted by other means of distribution that mask can’t get.
My filter traps small rocks but not the sand surrounding it, same thing here.
The other means of airborne transfer is in an aerosol. The viral particle must remain moist to survive so the only means of airborne travel is either an aerosol or larger respiratory droplets. N95 respirators can filter out aerosols however, they are not needed except in medical situations where there are constant high levels of the virus. Most of the viral particles are transferred on large respiratory droplets thousands of times larger than an aerosol droplet. These large droplets are easily stopped by a good two ply cloth masks. Although the aerosol droplets carry very little of the viral particles, they are the subject of a lot of research because they can travel great distances and can travel through ventilation systems.

Last edited:
The other means of airborne transfer is in an aerosol. The viral particle must remain moist to survive so the only means of airborne transfer is either an aerosol or larger respiratory droplets. N95 respirators can filter out aerosols however, they are not needed except in medical situations where healthcare workers are in constant high levels of the virus.
Most of the viral particles being expelled are transferred on large respiratory droplets thousands of times larger than an aerosol droplet. These large droplets are easily stopped by a good two ply cloth masks. Although the aerosol droplets carry very little of the viral particles, they are the subject of a lot of research because they can travel great distances and can travel through ventilation systems.

Last edited:
It wasn't an exact law. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the rulings were at least partially based on the "right to work" laws.

A Texas conservative judge appointed by Ronald Reagan ruled that a private business can mandate that a person be vaccinated or they can be fired.

Here is part of his ruling:

"The public's interest in having a hospital capable of caring for patients during a pandemic far outweighs protecting the vaccination preferences of 116 employees," Hughes wrote. "The plaintiffs are not just jeopardizing their own health; they are jeopardizing the health of doctors, nurses, support staff, patients and their families."

Then there is the judge in Indiana who ruled that the University of Indiana can mandate vaccinations. The plaintiffs are appealing the ruling.

Here is part of that ruling:

Federal Judge Damon Leichty denied a request for an injunction, writingthat Indiana University was within its right to create the policy in the “interest of public health” for staff and students.

Then there is the over 100 year ruling by the Supreme Court giving states the right to mandate vaccines with the small pox vaccination.

Finally if people didn't spend so many decades fighting to kill unions, strip worker's rights and give a lot more power to private business people might not be in this situation now.
There are only a few protections for employees in the law such as discrimination, wage and hour law, and safety in the work place. We once relied on union contracts to protect workers. Today only 1 in 10 workers are covered by a union contracts.

Last edited:
There has always been a threat of communicable disease transmission in any restaurant, nothing has changed and the elimination of risk is impossible and thus not subject to suit.
The only question then is are we currently in a demonstrable and probable more defined and proven dangerous infection probability situation right now. That answer is unknown and unproven and abundance of caution is repression bullshit
Room full of coughing people, odds go up . Room full of normal people equals normal odds.
The fact that we have 620,000 people dead from Covid in that last 18 month and the of number of new cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are rising certainly indicates that we are still facing a dangerous situations with the delta variant sweeping the country and Lambada variant reported in 2 states. It is far from over.

Private companies have always had freedom. Funny how the right wingers here understood this when NFL players refused to stand up for the anthem, and the same thing applies here. So if you want to keep your job at a company requiring vaccination, get the shot.

Well the CDC Director on Tuesday gave all of us informed folks a beautiful gift when she went on record to say the vaccines "do not prevent transmission"

That's it, Mandates done, passports done.

The repubs wanted at will and right to work and now when people are laid off because of "work performance" (not vaxxed), well they got what they wanted for workers. Nice job.

I am the statists worst nightmare.

I know better.

I say no.
You're an idiot that teaches music.

Don't end up like Herman Cain.

1628335215901.png

It already was in the courts. In Texas.

The conservative judge appointed by ronald reagan ruled in favor of the private employer saying the employer has the right to mandate vaccination.

That if the employee doesn't want to get vaccinated they are free to find employment elsewhere.

Then there's the case of Indiana University. They mandated everyone needed to be vaccinated. Some took it to court. They lost. The conservative judge ruled with the University and everyone has to be vaccinated.

Then there's the case in 1905 when the state of Massachusetts mandated vaccines for the small pox virus. The Supreme Court ruled in favor of Massachusetts. So a state can mandate vaccinations.

It's already been in the courts and already settled case law.

The first two cases I listed were very recent and all over the news. Where were you?

Settled case law does not exist.

The SCOTUS has shown us that 100's of times.

Kind of ironic that the rightwing has worked for decades to destroy unions. And now that they need one . . .
... they're hypocritically using all the same arguments Democrats do to justify their big government ambitions. (whining about "virtual" monopolies, discrimination, etc ...).

Whilst Dems have flipped around to defending the free rein of businesses to do as they please.

You all can't seem to make up your minds!

I suppose I'm cynical, but I'm thinking that, maybe, just maybe, you're just a bunch of power-hungry partisans who have no genuine values or principles to begin with.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back