So if a private business owner says one has to be vaxxed to work there

Again – these are employment laws and policies conservatives spend decades fighting for, in the courts, at the state level, and in Congress.

The ‘right to work’ lie is among the more infamous examples.

Now, after decimating labor unions, enacting measures hostile to working Americans, and vilifying advocates of workers’ rights, the supremacy of employers is biting conservatives in the ass on this one issue – and their hypocrisy is plain to see.
And the hypocrisy on the left is just "not a thing". Got it.

Nope, sorry. Youre ass backwards wrong. Already tested in court, more than once. ADA does not apply to this.

Do you know anything about any of this that is correct? Doesnt seem like it.

You are yanking that out of your nether regions unless you can LINK THE COURT CASES

We're at 72% vaxxed nationwide, 61% fully vaxxed. We're at more than 80% in our area. You can get vaxxed at your doctor's office now. Canada is also looking at vaccine mandates for government workers, and most places restrict admissions to the vaccinated and the masked.

I fail to understand the howls of rage at continuing to wear masks. I hate them too, but they're not costing me anything, and they're not doing anyone any harm. The rights you people are prepared to fight to the death over, are ridiculous. Picking your battles over stupid shit like masks, just makes you look ill-informed and dangerous to yourself and other.
It's more about government than the actual masks. If the CDC said they didn't recommend masks, these people would start wearing them claiming they stopped the spread of the virus.

I'd take that bet because all of the rest of the world is getting vaxxed as fast as we can to put an end to this thing. You speak like this pandemic is only happening in the USA and there is only one way to deal with the virus. There are no other examples.

WRONG AGAIN!!! In every country where lockdowns and masking, were rigidly enforced, there was minimum spread, disease, or death.

In countries where vaxxing is over 70%, cases have dropped through the floor. As have deaths.

Australia: Deaths per million of population 38 deaths per million of population. 933 deaths in 27 million population.

South Korea - 41 deaths per million of population on 51 million of population

Norway - 177 deaths per million of population on 5 million of population. Less than 1000 deaths total

What the USA is doing in politicizing the pandemic is bat shit crazy. The Democrats, from the beginning, have been trying to follow the science, and indeed the states where the virus has been shut down are those which pushed masks and vaccines.

But Republicans denied the virus, it's effects, and the risks of just ignoring it. Now they're refusing to get vaxxed or wear masks because Democrats want them to. When the Trump White House said wear a mask, Democrats wore the masks. Republicans have been steadfastly refusing to do ANYTHING to mitigate this illness.

Who can forget all of the Republican members of the House and Senate getting covid, and STILL NOT WEARING A MASK.

Iceland

Gibraltar

I have to think the anti-vaxxers are actually stooges of foreign powers trying to take down America.

What better way of attacking America, than from within.
The republican scumbags in congress gutted the ADA in the fall of 2020. Now they try to hide behind it. Nobody needs to attack us. Were are thoroughly infected with stupid, immoral cultists.

This one is an especially nasty and shameless anti vaxxer. She is so far gone, she cant even separate facts from the lies she invents anymore.

Did polio have variants? Small pox? Chicken pox? Or were the vaccines actually sterilizing, non-leaky vaccines that, you know, vaccinated people??

What you mean to say is: I'm smart and informed and don't spew your idiotic talking points. Yes. I know.

They don't believe in changing strategy, when conditions on the ground change.

Good luck with the Antibody Dependent Enhancement.

Already starting in Israel btw. And oh, you can know this is happening when you need a "booster" that wasn't planned in under a year

So you want to make a point about this, and haven't looked it up already, know nothing about it, and instead substitute a stupid fantasy? Sounds about right for you. How are you not embarrassed of yourself?

You have a "vaccine" that is non-sterilizing and leaky. Non sterilizing, leaky vaccines SPAWN VARIANTS

Not a problem for real vaccines that are, you know...vaccines

You have a "vaccine" that is non-sterilizing and leaky. Non sterilizing, leaky vaccines SPAWN VARIANTS
More fantasy. You clearly know less than nothing about the one topic over which you obsess. How embarrassing.

Did you know some of the recent uptick in polio is due to the old polio vaccine? Did you know you can actually catch polio from the polio vaccine?

Of course not. Had you been around in the heyday of polio, you would have been spreading your immoral horseshit about the polio vaccine. You know this.

Good luck with the Antibody Dependent Enhancement.

Already starting in Israel btw. And oh, you can know this is happening when you need a "booster" that wasn't planned in under a year
We didn't have a delta variant a year ago. Conditions on the ground have changed.

It's like "Tet".

“Likewise, an employee is free to leave a job at any time for any or no reason with no adverse legal consequences.”

This of course exposes the fraud that is ‘right to work’ – in that no employee would do this; there might not be any ‘legal’ consequences but an employee who did such a thing would never work again, his former employer would make sure of that.

imo it is mainly political. Trump supporters believe, and probably correctly, that without covid he'd have been reelected with mandate to do whatever he wanted.

And Trump did initially call for a temporary sheltering in place, but he simply couldn't resist backing off and declaring covid was basically a "cold" and bleach was effective. So now, to his supporters, masks and vaccines are just "conspiracy theories" that were never necessary and only designed by (fill in) to destroy Trump.

And healthy young people don't seem to see a need. I've read in several places in the last two days that it just hasn't moved people's behavior to tell them "get vaccinated so you don't give this to your grandmother or whoever is vulnerable and whom you love." I don't see why people are that way, but they are. And that's why we're seeing mandates.
I think you nailed. Trump's rejection of just about everything the CDC recommended sent many conservatives down the path of Covid deniers, anti-masker, anti-social distancing, and even anti-vaccine after Trump lost the election and Biden made vaccinating a top priority. However, in most serious epidemic, politics plays a major role. It shouldn't but it does because it effects so many people in so many different ways.

“Likewise, an employee is free to leave a job at any time for any or no reason with no adverse legal consequences.”

This of course exposes the fraud that is ‘right to work’ – in that no employee would do this; there might not be any ‘legal’ consequences but an employee who did such a thing would never work again, his former employer would make sure of that.
Horse. Shit.

Kind of ironic that the rightwing has worked for decades to destroy unions. And now that they need one . . .

Not KIND of ironic... rather... DELICIOUSLY ironic... :cool:

jZ8Dov.gif

Forum List

Back