So, I turned on Fox News for the first time since Tuesday

First and foremost stop telling them that we're going to deport them all. The reality is that fiscally we can't anyhow. Its literally not possible.

When Perry talked about the programs he had in his state for the children of illegals Romney shot himself and our chances in the foot by attacking his position.

We don't live in a perfect world where our words don't have consequences

So you would hand out amnesty?

No

I would lock down the borders and grant work visas for those here who haven't commited crimes.

It isn't rocket science.

If our immigration system functioned properly we wouldn't have these problems. Fix it!

And for the record if I was in Mexico I would do everything in my power to get my family into America to give them a future. If we were smart we would try to accomodate the hard working people rather than demonize them.

Our fucking statue of liberty invites them here and we do NOTHING to stop them but then complain when they get here

Fix it how? Should we let anyone come to the USA that wants too?

No

I would lock down the borders and grant work visas for those here who haven't commited crimes.

It isn't rocket science.

If our immigration system functioned properly we wouldn't have these problems. Fix it!

And for the record if I was in Mexico I would do everything in my power to get my family into America to give them a future. If we were smart we would try to accomodate the hard working people rather than demonize them.

Our fucking statue of liberty invites them here and we do NOTHING to stop them but then complain when they get here

Line 'em up against a wall and shoot em.

A few rounds of firing squads and illegal immigration will get curbed real quick.

No

It isn't rocket science.

We have 23 million unemployed AMERICANS. Why should we give work visas to illegal aliens?

Because Americans are too lazy to pick vegetables in 100 degree heat.
I know. Lazy Americans are why we have Barack Obama in the Whitehouse. They'd rather have a free ride than do hard work.
( just remember..YOU said Americans are lazy )

No

It isn't rocket science.

We have 23 million unemployed AMERICANS. Why should we give work visas to illegal aliens?

I get that but I'm thinking long term. Tunnel vision does us no good unless you're in this for one election cycle.

I'm certainly no expert on the subject but I can tell you when I'm tired of being beat over the head with the issue.

And it DOES affect me. I'm in the construction industry and I often lose bids to illegals because they work so cheap and under the table. Were they semi legal the playing field would be fair.

Primetime line up.

All I'm hearing is throwbacks to the republican politicians of the 60's thru 80's.

I'm hearing hosts who for some reason think we are still in the old days when whitey ruled the political scene and everyone that voted voted on two or three issues.

Times have changed people. Demographics have changed even more. What fucking part of that are you not getting? Everyone is acting like its a bad thing to broaden our base.

We don't have to give away the kitchen sink to appeal to more people. And if you think we do then we're doomed as a nation anyways.

Aspouse our core fiscal issues and leave the damn social issues in the bedroom.

Secondly EVERYONE should support MAJOR campaign finance reform. All this money corrupts our system.

I'm just really dismayed at the reaction many are having to our loss. Its only the end of the world if we don't learn from our mistakes.

So and be specific, what would you do to gain the hispanic vote if you're not giving them the kitchen sink?

First and foremost stop telling them that we're going to deport them all. The reality is that fiscally we can't anyhow. Its literally not possible.

When Perry talked about the programs he had in his state for the children of illegals Romney shot himself and our chances in the foot by attacking his position.

We don't live in a perfect world where our words don't have consequences

Well you are getting it, but the Party of No will never get it.

Primetime line up.

All I'm hearing is throwbacks to the republican politicians of the 60's thru 80's.

I'm hearing hosts who for some reason think we are still in the old days when whitey ruled the political scene and everyone that voted voted on two or three issues.

Times have changed people. Demographics have changed even more. What fucking part of that are you not getting? Everyone is acting like its a bad thing to broaden our base.

We don't have to give away the kitchen sink to appeal to more people. And if you think we do then we're doomed as a nation anyways.

Secondly EVERYONE should support MAJOR campaign finance reform. All this money corrupts our system.

I'm just really dismayed at the reaction many are having to our loss. Its only the end of the world if we don't learn from our mistakes.

So and be specific, what would you do to gain the hispanic vote if you're not giving them the kitchen sink?

Include their concerns in the dialogue. Address their concerns that anger about illegal immigrants might spill over into hostility and suspicion toward all Hispanics. Explain to them how Romney's plan to grow the economy at 4% will allow them to buy their own kitchen sink and open more opportunities for their children. Show them that you feel their pain, understand their anxieties and share their aspirations. That's what Republicans do with the groups that traditionally support them and it's time to reach out in the same way to some of these groups, like Hispanics, who have been supporting Democrats. That's how Reagan got the Reagan Democrats.

No

It isn't rocket science.

I get that but I'm thinking long term. Tunnel vision does us no good unless you're in this for one election cycle.

I'm certainly no expert on the subject but I can tell you when I'm tired of being beat over the head with the issue.

And it DOES affect me. I'm in the construction industry and I often lose bids to illegals because they work so cheap and under the table. Were they semi legal the playing field would be fair.

The problem there is that when you give up the core principles of respect for law and order, the country loses something essential. If we reward some people for breaking the law, the precedent is almost irreversible. The Reagan amnesty has shown us that.
In addition, our social safety net is already strained to capacity. We can't continue to simply absorb the world's poor and add them to that net.

Primetime line up.

Include their concerns in the dialogue. Address their concerns that anger about illegal immigrants might spill over into hostility and suspicion toward all Hispanics. Explain to them how Romney's plan to grow the economy at 4% will allow them to buy their own kitchen sink and open more opportunities for their children. Show them that you feel their pain, understand their anxieties and share their aspirations. That's what Republicans do with the groups that traditionally support them and it's time to reach out in the same way to some of these groups, like Hispanics, who have been supporting Democrats. That's how Reagan got the Reagan Democrats.

I think that's a great idea but how do you counter the steady drumbeat of negativity from the left when you have a corrupt media that enables their lies. I heard Romney say many of the things you addressed and yet the media kept charging that he was anti-Hispanic.

I think that's a great idea but how do you counter the steady drumbeat of negativity from the left when you have a corrupt media that enables their lies. I heard Romney say many of the things you addressed and yet the media kept charging that he was anti-Hispanic.

Romney killed his chances to get the Hispanic vote all by himself in the primaries. Can't blame this one on the media

Romney killed his chances to get the Hispanic vote all by himself in the primaries. Can't blame this one on the media

What?... by not offering them open borders and all the welfare they want? We've got Democrats for that.

Romney did say many of these things in substance, but he didn't reach out to these communities. Obama talked about illegal immigration in terms of compassion for the children of illegal immigrants, but Romney talked about it mostly as a problem to be solved. Romney could have sat down with Hispanic families in key states and showed them he understands their concerns in personal terms. He might have said, "When my grandfather came here from Mexico, not everyone welcomed him and his community, but my father, who has always been my hero, believed in America and because he did was able to achieve great success, and that's the kind of opportunity I want to provide for your sons and daughters."

He could have said, "Illegal immigration is not just a problem to be solved for me. It arouses strong feelings of compassion in me for those good people who come here to find better lives for themselves and their children, just as my grandfather did when he came up here from Mexico, but at the same time, I know we can't afford to allow this flow of illegal immigrants to go unchallenged or to allow people to continue to live outside of the law, so I am seeking the most compassionate solutions to this very difficult and often painful issue."

He could have said, "We must not allow any law or any practice that seeks to deal with illegal immigration to compromise the rights or the dignity of Hispanic Americans and as President I will see to it that this does not happen."

In other words, Romney could have said in very personal terms, "I feel your pain, I understand your anxieties and I share your aspirations for yourselves and your children." Much of the media may be biased, but they will always report a good story, and Romney needed to give them more good personal stories to tell.

Last edited:
No

It isn't rocket science.

Line 'em up against a wall and shoot em.

A few rounds of firing squads and illegal immigration will get curbed real quick.

The above POV is why Obama won this time around.

The GOP is considered the party of racism because it tolerates statements like the above.

The GOP is the party of Old WHITE MEN, and its going to continue to become less relevant as long as REPUBLICANS TOLERATE overt racists in their ranks.

Obama wants to personally thank the GOP'S RACIST WING for giving HIM his second term.

Primetime line up.

I was thinking along that same line when I read his post. Nice rant and nice way he slipped in that "we" don't have to give things away line...so what's his version of a plan?

Most dems felt the sameway in 04 with Kerry. They thought Bush was done. They where wrong. So what did they eventually do after the butthurt? revamped and took it all in 08.

People dont understand these are cycles and the fact is you may be down now, but you wont be later. See 2010 as an example.

Gramps is just melting.

Hispanics are a natural Republican constituency.

They work hard and are religious.

Forum List

Back