So, I turned on Fox News for the first time since Tuesday

How exactly is the GOP supposed to start including women, Latinos and blacks? Every time a minority Republican runs for office they are immediately demonized and destroyed by any means necessary by the media and the Dems.

The only way the Democrat party can survive is making sure the Republican Party remains the perceived party of whites. They cannot tolerate the GOP getting large votes of minorities. This is why they went balistic against Palin and Herman Cain.

Allen West.. need I say more?

Guys....it's not the color.....it's the positions you guys have.

Why in the hell would a black vote for your candidates if all they hear from your side is talk about welfare moms....Obama's gonna pay my gas bill!....vitriol about folks on welfare having 60" flat screens. etc? There's only 12 Million African Americans in the entire country.....chances are most of them either are one of the people you are demonizing or know someone who is.

Why would a Hispanic vote for your candidates.when you are ready to kick all the ones who are here illegally out....including their kids who might even be born here?

Why would you have broadbase support of women when you have people like Murdouch(sp?) and Akin saying the crap that they did....or suggest that women use an aspirin between their knees for birth control?

Why would anyone of a different religion vote for you when all you do is tear them down?

Why would the elderly and soon to be elderly vote for you when you continually bluster and threaten to blow up SS and Medicare?

You don't offer reasonable solutions to these issues....you go to extremes and speak in hate filled rhetoric(makers vs. takers, etc).

THAT'S the problem with the modern day GOP. and it's why I left.

EDIT: And lastly....why would ANY public sector employee vote for one of your candidates when you want us on the unemployment line and our pensions voided?

Much of what you say makes sense but this one:

"Why would anyone of a different religion vote for you when all you do is tear them down?"

Who demonized Romney over religion?

We desperately need term limits and publically financed campaigns

We look at campaign finance reform all wrong. We need to adapt a professional sports model of salary caps. For example, a candidate running for president can only spend three million on adds per state. All extra money raised goes to the debt. The majority of the campaign workers are volunteers anyway. This is how to reform our campaign politics.

How exactly is the GOP supposed to start including women, Latinos and blacks? Every time a minority Republican runs for office they are immediately demonized and destroyed by any means necessary by the media and the Dems.

The only way the Democrat party can survive is making sure the Republican Party remains the perceived party of whites. They cannot tolerate the GOP getting large votes of minorities. This is why they went balistic against Palin and Herman Cain.

what you fail to understand is the Americans people would have never elected either palin of cain.

They have ideas the Americans peopel dont agree with.

You lost this last election.

You lost it on a discussion of the issues.

It wasnt the media, it wasnt that democratic people make yoiu look too white.

Its that the American people dont like the republican policies.

Your either a party of ideas or a party of images.

You keep insulting every group of people you need to appeal to to win an election.

why would you stay in a country that you hate the very people of ?

Republicans do not need to change that much. They just need to mellow out

Calm down the rhetoric, stop the hate speech, lay off social issues

A kinder, gentler Republican Party can win

Nope, the takers will make sure they don't. Aren't you happy? It's what you've wanted for the four years I've known you. Congratulations are in order.

Who are the takers?

Corporate America who takes government handouts and sends jobs overseas?

Allen West.. need I say more?

Why in the hell would a black vote for your candidates if all they hear from your side is talk about welfare moms....Obama's gonna pay my gas bill!....vitriol about folks on welfare having 60" flat screens. etc? There's only 12 Million African Americans in the entire country.....chances are most of them either are one of the people you are demonizing or know someone who is.

Why would a Hispanic vote for your candidates.when you are ready to kick all the ones who are here illegally out....including their kids who might even be born here?

Why would you have broadbase support of women when you have people like Murdouch(sp?) and Akin saying the crap that they did....or suggest that women use an aspirin between their knees for birth control?

Why would anyone of a different religion vote for you when all you do is tear them down?

Why would the elderly and soon to be elderly vote for you when you continually bluster and threaten to blow up SS and Medicare?

You don't offer reasonable solutions to these issues....you go to extremes and speak in hate filled rhetoric(makers vs. takers, etc).

EDIT: And lastly....why would ANY public sector employee vote for one of your candidates when you want us on the unemployment line and our pensions voided?

"Why would anyone of a different religion vote for you when all you do is tear them down?"

Not me, nor hardly any other Dem I know....there was one on here...Joe, IIRC...who was pretty much anti Mormon(if I got the wrong person, I apologize).....but most of us didn't give a shit.

Fix it how? Should we let anyone come to the USA that wants too?

Line 'em up against a wall and shoot em.

A few rounds of firing squads and illegal immigration will get curbed real quick.

The above POV is why Obama won this time around.

The GOP is considered the party of racism because it tolerates statements like the above.

The GOP is the party of Old WHITE MEN, and its going to continue to become less relevant as long as REPUBLICANS TOLERATE overt racists in their ranks.

Obama wants to personally thank the GOP'S RACIST WING for giving HIM his second term.

Someone exercising their constitutional right to free speech with a racist rant does not mean the GOP agrees with the rant. Painting the GOP as racists because of one statement on USMB is rather a ignorant stretch.

Not me, nor hardly any other Dem I know....there was one on here...Joe, IIRC...who was pretty much anti Mormon(if I got the wrong person, I apologize).....but most of us didn't give a shit.

I didn't mean here per se. I believe one network found a need to run a "special" on Mormonism. Let's get real it would never have been an issue until Romney ran. Why is religion ever an issue?

We desperately need term limits and publically financed campaigns

Agree with publicly financed elections...or at least some serious limits on donations. Sure, we've had a few elections recently that proved that you can't buy your way into office, but it is the buying once you get into office that concerns me.

Disagree with term limits. We have term limits...they're called elections.

Stop the gerrymandering of districts.

Imagine what could have been done with the money spent on this election.

My head literally implodes thinking about this...

It truly is a shame.

Republicans do not need to change that much. They just need to mellow out

Calm down the rhetoric, stop the hate speech, lay off social issues

A kinder, gentler Republican Party can win

Nope, the takers will make sure they don't. Aren't you happy? It's what you've wanted for the four years I've known you. Congratulations are in order.

Who are the takers?

Corporate America who takes government handouts and sends jobs overseas?

They can't think that far out....they don't get that their own policies are what turned many hard working people with self sustaining jobs into hard working people with jobs that aren't sustainable to living in this country.

They want to just focus on the results of those policies....not the cause.

I didn't mean here per se. I believe one network found a need to run a "special" on Mormonism. Let's get real it would never have been an issue until Romney ran. Why is religion ever an issue?

Why is religion an issue? It shouldn't be.....Conservatives have spent the last four years trying to prove Obama is a Kenyan Muslim Marxist.

It's different when Romney's religion is focused on? I didn't see the special....was it derogatory?

As a staunch independent black man who always votes, I have actively looked for reasons to lean Republican. Every now and then I see glimmers of progress in the GOP. Colin Powell, Condoleeza Rice. But for every one of them I see two Herman Cains, an Allen West, and a Sarah Palin. Toss in a Michelle Bachman and I am quickly back to an unaffiliated position. Somehow, the wrong people keep getting the mic.

Now occasionally I find good reason to vote Republican in state and local elections. I think Rick Snyder is doing a very difficult but excellent job in recovering the Michigan economy and will vote for him again when the governor's race comes around.

Gramps is talking long-term which is where you need to be headed. Its a multi-generational issue that will take generations to correct.

Johnson pontificated that he gave away the South when he signed civil rights legislation. You tell me...did that happen? Yes.

It has taken a generation to try to get a progessive foothold in the South. I doubt any of you noticed but in Texas...yes that Texas which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the GOP...the GOP no longer has a super majority in the state legislature as of Tuesday. Houston has elected an openly gay woman, Denise Parker (sp?). The tide is turning finally.

What you may have saw is the generational influx of Hispanics starting to bear weight. I say "may have" because the critical mass, in my view, isn't there yet. Recessions have a way of shaking the etch-a-sketch (no pun intended). As smaller towns with fewer opportunities lose ground, people move to urban centers. It used to be the anglo sons and daughters of farmers. Now itis the mixed race son and daughter of first generation Americans. When populations coalesque (sp?), you see shifts in cities and counties and congressional districts--hence Parker and the loss of the super majority. The Infidel (our poster here on this board) can attest to having a gay woman as his mayor. I'm sure he loves that. he he he. Anyway, 2016 may see even a greater amplification of the Hispanic vote than 2012 did because of this solidification of populations in the cities and it's boroughs.

So the GOP should move to get real about immigration. You can't export everyone. Allow for the quiet repeal of silly laws in AL and AZ and come out publicly against them. Jefferson County saw a sweep by the Democrats.

Democrats dominate Jefferson County, winning all contested races | al.com

If Jefferson County was in Missouri or Florida you may yawn.

To quote Forrest Gump it in AL-A-BAMA!!!! Roll Tide.

Yes, In Jefferson County--suburban Birmingham--Dems swept the races. If that isn't a wake up call for the GOP and their immigration policies in the state...they're dead and you can't wake them up.

Next, what the GOP should do is tone down the gun culture and accept gun laws that make sense. Not only for the Hispanics who many times come here with the memory of armed conflict in their home countries but because it's simple common sense.

Next, stop your opposition to contraception. Title X funding costs each citizen less than $1 per year. Cutting it would be a drop in the ocean of fiduciary concern for one thing and for another it make fiscal sense for reasons I've detailed many times.

Finally, drop the opposition to racial preferences by State Universities.

Are you listening? I'm betting no. Perhaps 2016 will be another wake up call. Sleep tight.

Why is religion an issue? It shouldn't be.....Conservatives have spent the last four years trying to prove Obama is a Kenyan Muslim Marxist.

It's different when Romney's religion is focused on? I didn't see the special....was it derogatory?

I didn't see it either but I doubt it was derogatory. The fact that it was a "special" and that the network felt a need to air it says something in and of itself.

I think it safe to sat that the mainstream network wasn't airing it with the intent of flattering Romney.

Primetime line up.

All I'm hearing is throwbacks to the republican politicians of the 60's thru 80's.

I'm hearing hosts who for some reason think we are still in the old days when whitey ruled the political scene and everyone that voted voted on two or three issues.

Times have changed people. Demographics have changed even more. What fucking part of that are you not getting? Everyone is acting like its a bad thing to broaden our base.

We don't have to give away the kitchen sink to appeal to more people. And if you think we do then we're doomed as a nation anyways.

Aspouse our core fiscal issues and leave the damn social issues in the bedroom.

Secondly EVERYONE should support MAJOR campaign finance reform. All this money corrupts our system.

I'm just really dismayed at the reaction many are having to our loss. Its only the end of the world if we don't learn from our mistakes.

Very good point BUT networks are looking for ratings as opposed to solutions. Controversy= ratings, ratings= ad time. I don't watch any for-profit TV for that reason. I don't watch much TV at all as I choose not to own one.

Primetime line up.

All I'm hearing is throwbacks to the republican politicians of the 60's thru 80's.

I'm hearing hosts who for some reason think we are still in the old days when whitey ruled the political scene and everyone that voted voted on two or three issues.

Times have changed people. Demographics have changed even more. What fucking part of that are you not getting? Everyone is acting like its a bad thing to broaden our base.

We don't have to give away the kitchen sink to appeal to more people. And if you think we do then we're doomed as a nation anyways.

Secondly EVERYONE should support MAJOR campaign finance reform. All this money corrupts our system.

I'm just really dismayed at the reaction many are having to our loss. Its only the end of the world if we don't learn from our mistakes.

I refuse to have a meltdown over this. But you go right ahead. Fact is you should probably just cross over and become a liberal.

I refuse to have this discussiin with you. You've proven in the last couple days that you're not a mind of reason. You should just cross over to the neg button and get it overwith.

Funny thing is I bet you love Hannity and even he has taken up this new position. Getting old does not have to include being stupendoulsy stupid.

Primetime line up.

I refuse to have a meltdown over this. But you go right ahead. Fact is you should probably just cross over and become a liberal.

I refuse to have this discussiin with you. You've proven in the last couple days that you're not a mind of reason. You should just cross over to the neg button and get it overwith.

Funny thing is I bet you love Hannity and even he has taken up this new position. Getting old does not have to include being stupendoulsy stupid.

I don't love Hannity, I don't listen to Hannity. Either be a Republican and believe in their core values or cross over. To insist that Republicans become just like Democrats is rediculous.

I don't love Hannity, I don't listen to Hannity. Either be a Republican and believe in their core values or cross over. To insist that Republicans become just like Democrats is rediculous.

Capitulate or get out?

Therein lies the problem

The GOP walked into the biggest electoral sucker punch of all time - with an unemployment rate at 8%, they let themselves be defined by "legitimate rape", "women's health", abortion and gay rights. They fucked up so badly on the social issues that their absolutism even overshadowed the fuckin' economy.

The only thing more astounding will be if they refuse to see it.

Most dems felt the sameway in 04 with Kerry. They thought Bush was done. They where wrong. So what did they eventually do after the butthurt? revamped and took it all in 08.

People dont understand these are cycles and the fact is you may be down now, but you wont be later. See 2010 as an example.

Gramps is just melting.

Hispanics are a natural Republican constituency.

They work hard and are religious.

The facts are showing you're just becoming more and more marginal.

Most dems felt the sameway in 04 with Kerry. They thought Bush was done. They where wrong. So what did they eventually do after the butthurt? revamped and took it all in 08.

People dont understand these are cycles and the fact is you may be down now, but you wont be later. See 2010 as an example.

Gramps is just melting.

Hispanics are a natural Republican constituency.

They work hard and are religious.

The facts are showing you're just becoming more and more marginal.

Republicans set a record just two years ago by winning 800+ electoral seats nationwide.

Fools such as Mac1958 and gramps are swallowing your new meme, but not those of us who know better.

Forum List

Back