So I met this guy...

I should've given you more on the 1-year minimum time limit I mentioned above. Everything that happens in a relationship is memorialized in the last year of that relationship once the relationship ends. All the events are like anniversaries, birthdays, holidays, and more are going to come into play as an emotional finale at least during that first year. If a person can't let go as each anniversary passes because some trauma was experienced that embedded it too deeply, they will continue even after that year. It seems to me a person needs to say along the way as that first year passes, “I remember when,….and that’s gone now for good or ill…”

That makes sense, I'll keep it in mind. I don't know how long he's been divorced. I hope to get more info tonite.

So are you meeting him at the club tonight Amanda?

And how much are you going to drink at home before you go, and how many drinks do you think you'll have there.

Are you driving, or are you getting a ride there?

-Mom

Heh, EZ :lol:

Yeah Amanda, do yourself a favor and at least stay sober.

I should've given you more on the 1-year minimum time limit I mentioned above. Everything that happens in a relationship is memorialized in the last year of that relationship once the relationship ends. All the events are like anniversaries, birthdays, holidays, and more are going to come into play as an emotional finale at least during that first year. If a person can't let go as each anniversary passes because some trauma was experienced that embedded it too deeply, they will continue even after that year. It seems to me a person needs to say along the way as that first year passes, “I remember when,….and that’s gone now for good or ill…”

That makes sense, I'll keep it in mind. I don't know how long he's been divorced. I hope to get more info tonite.

And how much are you going to drink at home before you go, and how many drinks do you think you'll have there.

-Mom

He's picking me up. I've only had a couple drinks so far. I don't get really hammered if I dance and I plan to do a LOT of that tonite. I usually have Jaegerbombs when I'm clubbing.

Amanda

I recall you once posting that you wouldn't date an older guy, "older" meaning north of 30. Did you change your mind?

Well... I never met a guy that I was interested in that was older. This guy is really, really different. I get hit on by older guys ALL the time. So when I say this guy is different, I think it really means something. It's hard for me to describe, there's just something there that is intriguing me.

-Mom

He's picking me up. I've only had a couple drinks so far. I don't get really hammered if I dance and I plan to do a LOT of that tonite. I usually have Jaegerbombs when I'm clubbing.

He's picking you up at your apartment, and you're going to drink jagerbombs at the club?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

-Mom

He's picking you up at your apartment, and you're going to drink jagerbombs at the club?

Yup. What's wrong with that?

Yup. What's wrong with that?

Why, nothing at all! Sounds like a wonderful evening, full of wonderment and joy!

Have fun!

Ok, so that went pretty well...

We went to a decent place, not great, not a dive, but in all fairness there really aren't any super good places nearby and I only get an hour for lunch.

He didn't say anything that contradicted anything he said Tue nite. So I guess that's good. I told him I still wasn't sure if I was going dancing or not. I may go, I'm really not sure at this point.

I got one of his business cards so I'm going to go Google him and see what pops up.

look how popular your love life is----get a reality show----Dates of Amanda's Life

:lol:

You've been very funny in this thread, dillo. I'd rep ya if I could.

We went to a decent place, not great, not a dive, but in all fairness there really aren't any super good places nearby and I only get an hour for lunch.

He didn't say anything that contradicted anything he said Tue nite. So I guess that's good. I told him I still wasn't sure if I was going dancing or not. I may go, I'm really not sure at this point.

I got one of his business cards so I'm going to go Google him and see what pops up.

look how popular your love life is----get a reality show----Dates of Amanda's Life

I've gotten a TON of rep from this thread!

Oprah has NOTHING on me! :eusa_whistle:

I've gotten a TON of rep from this thread!

Oprah has NOTHING on me! :eusa_whistle:
I can't rep you either, but I did thank you!

A thanks from you is like roses from Josh Holloway! :cool:

josh_holloway.jpg

:eusa_eh: are you serious or joking, eel lady ?

So, update time again....

I had a pretty good date. We had dinner, a couple of drinks and went dancing.

I danced my ass off. He didn't do too bad either.

I found out he's actually 41. I bet that will really flip some of you out. :tongue:

He has a daughter that is my age. If the previous didn't get you, I bet that will.

I'm totally falling for this guy. Everything he says is just perfect. He makes me laugh. He likes me, for me. He hasn't even remotely been trying to steer me to the sack. That's one of the things that has me the most interested.... he could almost seem to be not interested in me. God, that gets my attention.

We ate. We drank. We danced. He took me home. He didn't even really go for a kiss, I did. Am I missing something? Is this guy the predator you predicted? He seems so right for me.

He's prolly gay and you're his beard. :lol:

Isn't it illegal to purchase alcohol for the underaged? :eusa_eh: He sounds perfect for you.

Isn't it illegal to purchase alcohol for the underaged? :eusa_eh: He sounds perfect for you.

Not necessarily, actually. It typically is, but only seven states explicitly prohibit the underage from consuming alcohol, which means that furnishing alcohol to such a person may not be illegal. (Though again, it likely is.) The "minimum legal drinking age" is thus effectively a minimum purchase age, though there are still hindrances in the way of prohibition of alcohol "possession" by the underage. (If you drink it, they can charge you with "internal possession.")

Forum List

Back