So How Old Is My Soul?

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
Or; where did my soul come from? Has it been around since the dawn of creation? If so; where has it been in waiting, till this body was born? Or are souls created at conception? If so; how are they transferred from the creation source into the body? Are there an infinite amount of souls? Or will the world one day run out?

Or; where did my soul come from? Has it been around since the dawn of creation? If so; where has it been in waiting, till this body was born? Or are souls created at conception? If so; how are they transferred from the creation source into the body? Are there an infinite amount of souls? Or will the world one day run out?

A couple of years at most. You created it with a combination of physical, emotional and mental energy. No. It hasn't been around since the dawn of creation. No. Most souls are created within the individual. Souls can be created. We will never run out of them. The Bible explains this very well:

Whatever is born of the flesh is flesh, and whatever is born of the spirit is spirit. John 3:6 HCSB

A couple of years at most. You created it with a combination of physical, emotional and mental energy. No. It hasn't been around since the dawn of creation. No. Most souls are created within the individual. Souls can be created. We will never run out of them. The Bible explains this very well:

Whatever is born of the flesh is flesh, and whatever is born of the spirit is spirit. John 3:6 HCSB
I don't see how that verse speaks to the creation of the soul per say; merely it speaks to the nature of the soul. I think most people would concede that thier soul, or spirit; is spiritual, not physical.

The spirit of man is the offspring of God

Acts 17:28-29
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

Hebrews 12:9
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

But there is a part of man that makes up his spirit that has always existed. It is known as the intelligence of man and is self-existent. So much like the spirit entering the body, the intelligence enters the spirit:

Doctrine and Covenants 93:29
29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.

Thus there is a part of you that is infinite and eternal but the creation of your spirit body occurred when you were born as a child of God.

I don't see how that verse speaks to the creation of the soul per say; merely it speaks to the nature of the soul. I think most people would concede that thier soul, or spirit; is spiritual, not physical.

The spirit is an energy that you create yourself out of raw emotions. Take those emotions and mold them into a powerful spirit so that you can attack the world and conquer it. Whatever is born of the spirit is spirit. Verily I say unto you, you must be born again. Birth as many spirits as you need to my friend. You might need them.

So far one poster says I can create at will, ad infintium; and another suggesting it's as old as God himself. Two very different answers...

What's funny is anyone who thinks they can answer this. As if they or anyone would know such a thing.

One theory is that we are all part of the same entity; one single great soul.

An analogy would be the cycle of water on our planet: There is the great ocean. Water evaporates into the atmosphere, separating it from the great ocean, where forms clouds and, eventually rain. Some rain falls directly back into the ocean, some onto land were it can take either a short or a long route back to the ocean. In the end, all the water on the planet is connected and all are, one way or another, part of the great ocean.

What's funny is anyone who thinks they can answer this. As if they or anyone would know such a thing.
Obvioulsy true, but it's a philosophical discussion. Like bean counters, I'm sure you have no use for love, morale or other non-material things since humans are just machine cogs to you. All easily replaceable and, in the end, useless.

Obvioulsy true, but it's a philosophical discussion. Like bean counters, I'm sure you have no use for love, morale or other non-material things since humans are just machine cogs to you. All easily replaceable and, in the end, useless.

An honest question. What is wrong with you.

The soul comes from God and has always existed as a part of the divine mind. But we are breathed out of the God head in groups, in a cycle of incarnations which can take thousands of lifetimes on this and other worlds.
In between incarnations we live in higher planes of existence, but eventually we realize we must reincarnate to progress. There are unlikely to be any new souls incarnating in this world today as it is too far along in evolution and new souls could not cope. Incarnation takes place at conception. The soul is connected to the body by the etheric counterpart which is an energy shell between the spirit bodies and the physical body.
I do not think there are an infinite number of souls, but the world will never run out because there are far more souls than could incarnate on this planet. There is apparently a long queue of souls wanting to incarnate here, because of the great progress the world is making, but each soul has to wait for a suitable body.

You have no soul.

You have no soul.
Now youre getting it...

I dont believe in souls. Of course, i dont believe in ghosts and goblins either..

There is a book on Reincarnation by Michael Newton called The Destiny of Souls wherein he describes how new souls are born on a regular basis. He gets this information from people under hypnosis who are talking about the life between reincarnated lives in the spirit world. Apparently there are a lot of people who basically say the same thing when they are also hypnotized, take from it what you will.

FWIW, the book says Earth isn't the only place were souls go to learn and grow.

Forum List

Back