So Harry Reid screws over the RINO's in the Senate again

who knows what happens in midterms but even in conservatives do win sentate and house they need to work with president and he need to work with them to get things done for the country. its as simple as that. bickering got to stop as some point as people must be turned of by hatred from both sides

Here's the rub..Most Americans do not want government doing things for them.
We want government to take a minimal approach to involvement in our lives.

Your right in one sense though don,t agree people don,t want no goverment in their lives as otherwise obama would not have been reelected if that was the case

All i am same is conservatives and liberals need to work together for middle ground while they share power in congress. Same way lib dems and tories in uk need work together as a collation government in my country.
There is a difference though. You have a parliamentary style government where parties are elected as coalitions. Ours is a republican style where while elected officials belong to a party, they are elected as individual legislators. Their function is to represent their respective constituencies. The voice of the people, if you will. No doubt , on important pieces of legislation deals must be made and those who make deals expect something in return for their votes.
There is a divisiveness in Washington never seen before in the history of the nation.It seems those representing the fringes of each representative party are wielding most of the power.
Neither side is willing to budge. They don't because there is no incentive to do so.
I think the major problem is instead of leaders and statesmen, we have entrenched politicians who's primary purpose for being in Washington is to act in their own self interest.
The main reason this happens is simple.
In order to get onto the best committees where decisions on the direction of government are made before any legislation is written, one must learn to 'play ball'. So while a freshman House or Senate member may go into the office wide eyed and full of ideas, he or she is taken aside by the leadership and quickly reminded their campaigns that got them elected were just words. That they will toe the party line if they want to survive.
In my opinion, there are too many newbies who are unwilling to 'fly under the radar' during their first term. Yeah that kind of sucks, but the way to get anything accomplished that the establishment of one's party does not particularly care for is to stay out of the way. They should build a coalition of like thinking legislators and then present those ideas to the leadership in strength of numbers.
Lastly, those in office should be willing to risk their political careers to do what's right for the people and the country. Currently, political expediency rules the day.

Are you aware that President Obama is the very firstPresident in American history to refuse to negotiate over the debt ceiling?

Republicans should introduce a bill that strengthens the 2nd ammendment

and stare down the dems to oppose it.

Oh no no no. Dems should threaten to shut down the government and default on our debt if assault weapons are not banned.

I mean, if this tactic is good enough for Repubs, it's good enough for Dems. Think you will like holding the government hostage when the Dems do it? I mean it is working so well for the Repubs. And I can tell you really like the idea.

You gonna like it so much when it is used against YOU?
Yours is a childish response and is dismissed as such.
You are not even part of this discussion. You did that to yourself with your juvenile tit for tat nonsense. BTW genius, and assault weapons ban is A) Unconstitutional B) does not effect 315 million people and cost trillions of dollars and lastly does not take over 1/6th of the US economy....Off you go.
No need for you to respond. I'm through with you.

Let's not forget that Reid and the Boehner agreed to a clean CR at levels WELL below what the Dems wanted and then the Boehner reneged on the offer.

Sez you.
The way I see it, this idea of a "clean CR" was trumpeted by Obama to the media and they of course ran with it.
naturally your side latched right on to this 'term of the day'..
A little secret...There is no such thing as "clean legislation"...every bill has 'stuff' piled into it so that those who oppose may find it more palatable.
Quite frankly none of which has to do with the posts to which you responded.

Here's the rub..Most Americans do not want government doing things for them.
We want government to take a minimal approach to involvement in our lives.

Your right in one sense though don,t agree people don,t want no goverment in their lives as otherwise obama would not have been reelected if that was the case

All i am same is conservatives and liberals need to work together for middle ground while they share power in congress. Same way lib dems and tories in uk need work together as a collation government in my country.
There is a difference though. You have a parliamentary style government where parties are elected as coalitions. Ours is a republican style where while elected officials belong to a party, they are elected as individual legislators. Their function is to represent their respective constituencies. The voice of the people, if you will. No doubt , on important pieces of legislation deals must be made and those who make deals expect something in return for their votes.
There is a divisiveness in Washington never seen before in the history of the nation.It seems those representing the fringes of each representative party are wielding most of the power.
Neither side is willing to budge. They don't because there is no incentive to do so.
I think the major problem is instead of leaders and statesmen, we have entrenched politicians who's primary purpose for being in Washington is to act in their own self interest.
The main reason this happens is simple.
In order to get onto the best committees where decisions on the direction of government are made before any legislation is written, one must learn to 'play ball'. So while a freshman House or Senate member may go into the office wide eyed and full of ideas, he or she is taken aside by the leadership and quickly reminded their campaigns that got them elected were just words. That they will toe the party line if they want to survive.
In my opinion, there are too many newbies who are unwilling to 'fly under the radar' during their first term. Yeah that kind of sucks, but the way to get anything accomplished that the establishment of one's party does not particularly care for is to stay out of the way. They should build a coalition of like thinking legislators and then present those ideas to the leadership in strength of numbers.
Lastly, those in office should be willing to risk their political careers to do what's right for the people and the country. Currently, political expediency rules the day.

A great post. I would say though that though in uk our goverment come through as parties , its same in us as they still have to represent their constituencies. But big difference is we don,t have same type of shared power you do.

The thing i find strange is in many european countries have collations from left and right and yet they can get things done together. But in america that type of thing seems a non started

You right that their are too many newbies from both sides wanting to make a name for themselves. They need to be risking their political careers more to get things done for the american people.

I also agree that the major problem is instead of leaders and statesmen. They are entrenched politicians who's act in their own self intrest

They allow the fringes on both left and right to run the show rather then the moderates on either side. This leads to these kind of crisis after crisis events. Add to that presidents and speakers not working together as adults and you have this happen

It just sad state of affairs for you country

Let's not forget that Reid and the Boehner agreed to a clean CR at levels WELL below what the Dems wanted and then the Boehner reneged on the offer.

Sez you.
The way I see it, this idea of a "clean CR" was trumpeted by Obama to the media and they of course ran with it.
A little secret...There is no such thing as "clean legislation"...every bill has 'stuff' piled into it so that those who oppose may find it more palatable.

Try reading the news instead of just listening to Limpballs.

Boehner backed out of deal

The Boehner admitted it on Snuffalupogous...

STEPHANOPOULOS: But Mr. Speaker, he says -- and he said it publicly on many occasions, that you came to him back in July and offered to pass a clean government funding resolution, no Obamacare amendments, that was $70 billion below what the Senate wanted. They accepted it. And now, you've reneged on that offer.

BOEHNER: No, clearly there was a conversation about doing this.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Several conversations.

BOEHNER: Several. But--

STEPHANOPOULOS: And you offered a clean resolution.

BOEHNER: But I and my members decided the threat of Obamacare and what was happening was so important that it was time for us to take a stand. And we took a stand.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Did you decide it or was it decided for you?

ABC This Week

Sez you.

Try reading the news instead of just listening to Limpballs.

Boehner backed out of deal

The Boehner admitted it on Snuffalupogous...

STEPHANOPOULOS: But Mr. Speaker, he says -- and he said it publicly on many occasions, that you came to him back in July and offered to pass a clean government funding resolution, no Obamacare amendments, that was $70 billion below what the Senate wanted. They accepted it. And now, you've reneged on that offer.

BOEHNER: No, clearly there was a conversation about doing this.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Several conversations.

BOEHNER: Several. But--

STEPHANOPOULOS: And you offered a clean resolution.

BOEHNER: But I and my members decided the threat of Obamacare and what was happening was so important that it was time for us to take a stand. And we took a stand.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Did you decide it or was it decided for you?

ABC This Week
Beohner did not say he presented a clean bill. Stephanopoulus made a statement in the form of a question..."And you offered a clean resolution"...
S what are we talking about here?
What Boehner's intentions were? Or what the host decided they were?
I'm a cynic. Which means I pull things apart to get to the real meaning of statements and words. I have experience in media and have conducted interviews myself. I am versed in these areas.
I am not implying that you are wrong. I merely point out that for purposes of the example you provided, you see something that I do not see there. That is a clear and definitive statement by The Speaker that he offered a clean CR.
Unless you or anyone else can show a verifiable quote from the Speaker that proves the offer, it didn't happen.

Ah one more time you have the suck up RINO freaking morons coming on their hands and knees to offer a wonderfully moderate proposal for the debt ceiling crisis.

AND BAM! Old Harry bitch slaps them so hard they're all out and about today whining, wailing, and gnashing their dentures.

These old assholes never learn. And they never will. They deserve what they got.

:eusa_boohoo:

Oh and the rest of the article deals with the new ransom House Democrats are demanding.

See what happens when you give these progressive pricks and inch?

The plan called for a debt-ceiling extension through the end of January and a six-month federal budget agreement at levels set by the January sequester. Also included were a two-year delay of the controversial medical-device tax under Obamacare, and a mechanism to verify the incomes of Americans claiming Obamacare-related subsidies.

Then, according to Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain, Democrats 'moved the goalposts in light of ... polling data' that showed they could extract more concessions from Republican senators – in addition to the collapse of 'defund' and 'delay' Obamacare demands.

'We were ready to go to the press gallery' to announce a deal, McCain said Sunday on CBS' Face the Nation program. 'The Democrat leadership said no.'

The always-understated Collins told CNN's Candy Crowley on the State Of The Union program that she was 'very surprised' to see Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid reject her plan at the last minute. 'I don't think it was very constructive,' she said.

Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell was more pointed, noting in a statement Sunday that Reid had already succeeded in forcing House Republicans to abandon their immediate hope of seeing Obamacare gutted.

'It's time for Democrat leaders to take "yes" for an answer,' McConnell said.

I hope this stings big time.

Democrats demand a ransom: Senators demand spending cuts are axed in any deal to end shutdown | Mail Online

So you're now surprised this turned out to be a cluslterfk for the gop, when all along people inside and out of the gop told you the TPM were jumping off a cliff? Now, you're surprised. LOL

Forum List

Back