So drilling on Federal/offshore NOT happening..so Obama releasing Strategic Oil!!

and this is different from Bush in what way?

Pull your head out of your ass already. It's 2012. When did Bush leave office?
Get over it, asswipe. It's time for Barry to accept some responsibility/start-acting Presidential/man-up. He's been acting like a spoiled fucking man-child since taking office.

and this is different from Bush in what way?

Pull your head out of your ass already. It's 2012. When did Bush leave office?
Get over it, asswipe. It's time for Barry to accept some responsibility/start-acting Presidential/man-up. He's been acting like a spoiled fucking man-child since taking office.

Just pointing out the partisan asslicking.
Yes it is time for congress and Obama to man up and face facts.
But it would not be as bad now if Bush had manned up and faced facts now would it?

Last edited:
Where am I wrong?

PSSST....are you telling me you actually know I was right by not answering me?
Exactly, you're prefectly right, about everything.

I know I was right about these comments I made so why did you attack them like I was wrong?

What does releasing oil from the strategic oil reserve accomplish that allowing NEW permitting for oil wells, opening up anwar, and bringing in the keystone pipeline does not accomplish.

On top of that increasing our overall production would be a LONG term supply side solution, unlike this short term solution of releasing reserves (which we have to replace at a high price).

In the end what we truly need is more refineries, no matter how much oil we can produce our gasoline price is still hinged on supply and demand...without new refineries the supply will not go up.

I'm trying to figure out how you fuckers ever got away with the lie of the "Liberal Intellectual Elite" in the first place because you're one stupider than the other

Cutting taxes on the produces, expanding drilling and refining and taking the EPA jackboot of the throat of the nuclear industry would send energy prices PLUMMETING downward
I'm not a liberal, and your crude foul language shows how much class you lack.

Cutting taxes on the producers, expanding drilling and refining, and taking the EPA jackboot of the throat of the nuclear industry will not lower gas prices at the pumps.

So what is your FACTS substantiating that statement?
Because HERE ARE FACTS:
Gas has increased 83% since Obama took office...IN SPITE of increased production DUE to 3 to 5 years ago.. BUSH did this:

n 2008, former President George W. Bush lifted his father's ban on drilling. And in the same year, amid high gas prices and election pressures, Democratic leaders allowed the nearly 30-year-old ban on drilling to lapse.

Shortly before Bush left office, the Minerals Management Service of the Department of Interior issued a new five-year leasing plan that proposed opening up areas in the Pacific, Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico to new drilling. Also included in the proposal were Bristol Bay as well as the Chuckchi and Beaufort Seas.

So AS OBAMA says production has increased WHAT has changed?

1) EPA has forced 32 utilities to shut down coal and move to oil!
2) EPA has force at least ONE refinery St. Croix to shut down 350,000 barrel/day because the $700 million in improvements would cause unprofitable!

AND THESE ARE JUST 2 of the EPA's totally stupid rulings so there will be less then glacier melting!
Gas has increased 83% since Obama took office, but not because of anything Obama has done, or not done.

In 2008, Democratic leaders allowing the nearly 30-year-old ban on drilling to lapse did not affect gas prices at the pump.

Obama's post Gulf Oil spill postponement of deep water leases did not affect gas prices at the pump.

The EPA's forcing of 32 utilities to shut down coal, and move to oil, did not affect gas prices at the pump

The EPA's forcing of the St. Croix refinery to shut down did not affect gas prices at the pump.

Melting glaciers don't affect gas prices at the pump.

Last edited:
How stupid does Obama really think people are???

He and supporters make fun of DRill baby drill supporters!
YET what is he doing???
Obama discussed a release of oil from the U.S. strategic reserve during a meeting in Washington yesterday with U.S. Prime Minister David Cameron, a U.K. official with knowledge of the talks said.

So which is it???

And the MSM??? WHY don't they ask Obama when Obama BRAGS..
So do not tell me that we're not drilling. We're drilling all over this country. There are a few spots we're not drilling. We're not drilling in the national mall. We're not drilling at your house. "
WHAT A DICK!!!
Obama: "Do Not Tell Me That We're Not Drilling. We're Drilling All Over This Country" | RealClearPolitics
FACTS OBAMA!!!
YOU DEMOCRATS SAID:

Maria Cantwell 2001: “oil extracted from the wildlife refuge wouldn’t reach refineries for seven to ten years.”

Jeff Bingaman 2001: “drilling in ANWR wouldn’t get us any oil for at least ten years.”

John Kerry 2001: “If we opened ANWR today it wouldn’t produce any oil for at least ten years.”
And of course, Barack Obama
“Offshore drilling would not lower gas prices today, it would not lower gas prices next year and it would not lower gas prices five years from now.”
“Believe me, if I thought there was any evidence at all that drilling could save people money who are struggling to fill up their gas tanks by this summer or this year, or even the next few years, I would consider it, but it won’t.
“We Will Not See A Drop Of Oil From Any Offshore Rigs For At Least Ten Years. We Would Not Have Full Production For Twenty Years.”
Democrats try to convince us that drilling for more oil is the answer to high gas prices, except when it’s not [Reader Post] | Flopping Aces
All of the last from OBAMA!!!

SO why is HE TAKING CREDIT IN this statement:
Our oil production reached its highest level in seven years. ... Since Obama said "oil production," we will only look at oil, rather than natural gas ...

SO IDIOT OBAMA supporters and OBAMA!!!

IF you said it was going to take 10 years.."We Will Not See A Drop Of Oil From Any Offshore Rigs For At Least Ten Years. "...
WHY IS HE TAKING CREDIT for highest in 7 years?????

THIS IS for you Independents and not the Obamatrons!!!

THINK about it! All the above Dems and Obama negating drill baby drill..laughing..
"takes 10 years" statements...
SO WHY are they taking credit for "highest level in 7 years"????

THAT's BECAUSE it was all DONE by Bush when he did the following WHICH Obama has NOW SHUT DOWN!!!!

In 2008, former President George W. Bush lifted his father's ban on drilling. And in the same year, amid high gas prices and election pressures, Democratic leaders allowed the nearly 30-year-old ban on drilling to lapse.

Shortly before Bush left office, the Minerals Management Service of the Department of Interior issued a new five-year leasing plan that proposed opening up areas in the Pacific, Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico to new drilling. Also included in the proposal were Bristol Bay as well as the Chuckchi and Beaufort Seas.

the spr is almost full to capacity right now

Cutting taxes on the producers, expanding drilling and refining, and taking the EPA jackboot of the throat of the nuclear industry will not lower gas prices at the pumps.

So what is your FACTS substantiating that statement?
Because HERE ARE FACTS:
Gas has increased 83% since Obama took office...IN SPITE of increased production DUE to 3 to 5 years ago.. BUSH did this:

n 2008, former President George W. Bush lifted his father's ban on drilling. And in the same year, amid high gas prices and election pressures, Democratic leaders allowed the nearly 30-year-old ban on drilling to lapse.

So AS OBAMA says production has increased WHAT has changed?

1) EPA has forced 32 utilities to shut down coal and move to oil!
2) EPA has force at least ONE refinery St. Croix to shut down 350,000 barrel/day because the $700 million in improvements would cause unprofitable!

AND THESE ARE JUST 2 of the EPA's totally stupid rulings so there will be less then glacier melting!
Gas has increased 83% since Obama took office, but not because of anything Obama has done, or not done.

In 2008, Democratic leaders allowing the nearly 30-year-old ban on drilling to lapse did not affect gas prices at the pump.

Obama's post Gulf Oil spill postponement of deep water leases did not affect gas prices at the pump.

The EPA's forcing of 32 utilities to shut down coal, and move to oil, did not affect gas prices at the pump

The EPA's forcing of the St. Croix refinery to shut down did not affect gas prices at the pump.

Melting glaciers don't affect gas prices at the pump.

Umm gas was cheap when Obama took office because of the recession.
How much has it increased since 2006?

A new coal power plant in SW VA is just about to go online.
And most power is switching to natural gas not oil.

Last edited:
actually it does one very different and important thing and that his it bring the actual oil to market faster. being that from the time you begin drilling a well to the time it reaches the market is approximately 3-10 years, the time to refine oil into gas is roughly 3 months. so technically by releasing oil from the reserve, gas can find its way to market much more quickly.

the problem is that americans consume approx 20M barrels of oil per day, so any real release from the reserve will have little affect on prices.

Yet you just argued that there is no capacity to refine this oil...

<snip>
if the refineries can not increase the amount of oil that they refine into gas and other products, it will not matter how much oil is delivered to the plants.
<snip>

So what Barry did will have little impact on the gas prices themselves, but may give a false impression that he is actually trying to do something...

Which would also occur if we "drilled baby drilled".

The problem, as we have addressed before, is refinery capacity and output.

There is an even larger glut in oil now than there was a few weeks ago, yet gas prices are still quite high.

So... since oil companies refuse to produce more refineries, as it is not in their best interests to do so, from a profit standpoint...

I suggest we just go ahead and start building some public refineries. Perhaps the threat of a slow nationalization of the refining industry will make the oil companies get off their ass and do something other than rake the consumer over the coals.

PSSST....are you telling me you actually know I was right by not answering me?
Exactly, you're prefectly right, about everything.

I know I was right about these comments I made so why did you attack them like I was wrong?

What does releasing oil from the strategic oil reserve accomplish that allowing NEW permitting for oil wells, opening up anwar, and bringing in the keystone pipeline does not accomplish.

On top of that increasing our overall production would be a LONG term supply side solution, unlike this short term solution of releasing reserves (which we have to replace at a high price).

In the end what we truly need is more refineries, no matter how much oil we can produce our gasoline price is still hinged on supply and demand...without new refineries the supply will not go up.
I should have never attacked you like you were wrong. My simple mind is nothing compared to your vastly superior intellect. You're like Hannibal Lechter to my Ray Liotta. Playing with my mind and pulling the puppet strings.

All the oil in Anwar, and all the oil shipped through the Keystone pipeline for 20 years, will not bring down the price of gas at the pumps.

Increasing oil production in the US will not bring gas prices at the pump down.

Don't tell me - you're an "Independent," right? Who just happened to vote for Obama, John Kerry and Bill Clinton - right?
No, I'm a registered Republican who didn't vote for Obama, or Kerry. But I did vote for Clinton on his first term.

I'm something Chrisitian social fundementalist Tea Partiers who vote Republican, don't recognize...........an Eisenhower/Goldwater conservative.

A very astute question.

I truly think the Obama admin is intentionally doing things to raise the price of fuel...why?

Times Tough for Energy Overhaul - WSJ.com

In a sign of one major internal difference, Mr. Chu has called for gradually ramping up gasoline taxes over 15 years to coax consumers into buying more-efficient cars and living in neighborhoods closer to work.

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe," Mr. Chu, who directs the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California, said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal in September.

Its not like obama didn't tell us he would do this

The U.S. rotary rig count was down 16 at 1,973 for the week of March 9, 2012. It is 258 rigs (15.0%) higher than last year.

The number of rotary rigs drilling for oil was up 3 at 1,296. There are 469 more rigs targeting oil than last year. Rigs drilling for oil represent 65.7 percent of all drilling activity which is the highest percentage since 1998.

Rigs directed toward natural gas were down 21 at 670. The number of rigs currently drilling for gas is 212 lower than last year's level of 882.

Year-over-year oil exploration in the U.S. is up 56.7 percent.

Rig Count: Rotary Rig Count and Workover Rig Count

The Shale oil from Keystone pipeline extention is destin for the export market not use to drive down US Gas prices. Btw the part of the extention to the Texas refineriers needs no federal approval.

A large portion of refineries have closed because they keep improving the ones in existance.

Refinery Capacity Report

Public Citizen Climate and Energy

"Increasing oil production in the US will not bring gas prices at the pump down"

There is it again, the fundamental economic ignorance of Progressives that racked up annual Trillion dollar deficits like they were nothing, got us our first ever credit downgrade and three fucking years without a budget: oil and gas the one commodity completely impervious to the laws of supply and demand

A very astute question.

I truly think the Obama admin is intentionally doing things to raise the price of fuel...why?

Times Tough for Energy Overhaul - WSJ.com

In a sign of one major internal difference, Mr. Chu has called for gradually ramping up gasoline taxes over 15 years to coax consumers into buying more-efficient cars and living in neighborhoods closer to work.

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe," Mr. Chu, who directs the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California, said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal in September.

Its not like obama didn't tell us he would do this

The U.S. rotary rig count was down 16 at 1,973 for the week of March 9, 2012. It is 258 rigs (15.0%) higher than last year.

The number of rotary rigs drilling for oil was up 3 at 1,296. There are 469 more rigs targeting oil than last year. Rigs drilling for oil represent 65.7 percent of all drilling activity which is the highest percentage since 1998.

Rigs directed toward natural gas were down 21 at 670. The number of rigs currently drilling for gas is 212 lower than last year's level of 882.

Rig Count: Rotary Rig Count and Workover Rig Count

The Shale oil from Keystone pipeline extention is destin for the export market not use to drive down US Gas prices. Btw the part of the extention to the Texas refineriers needs no federal approval.

A large portion of refineries have closed because they keep improving the ones in existance.

Refinery Capacity Report

Public Citizen Climate and Energy

Are those only oil rigs or oil and gas rigs?
Natural gas drilling is waaay down due to the fall of the price of Natural gas.
business 101. The law of supply and demand seems to work with natural gas but not with oil... Hmm could it be because it cannot be easially transported to other countries?

"Increasing oil production in the US will not bring gas prices at the pump down"

There is it again, the fundamental economic ignorance of Progressives that racked up annual Trillion dollar deficits like they were nothing, got us our first ever credit downgrade and three fucking years without a budget: oil and gas the one commodity completely impervious to the laws of supply and demand
I'm not a progressive. :talk2hand:

the price per gallon in Saudi Arabia less than $1/gal...
Because the Saudii government subsidizes the crap out of gas. It has nothing to do with how much oil they extract. The government creates artificial gas price stability, and the US could not possibly afford to do that, even for one day.

Because the Saudii government subsidizes the crap out of gas. It has nothing to do with how much oil they extract. The government creates artificial gas price stability, and the US could not possibly afford to do that, even for one day.

so Venezuela, Kuwait, Nigeria, etc. subsidize as well......? (their prices are even less)

so Venezuela, Kuwait, Nigeria, etc. subsidize as well......? (their prices are even less)
Yes..............

10 Countries with Cheapest Gas Prices in the World | Financial Jesus

Would one of you progressives try and explain to me why Barry has no problem with plans for deficit reduction plans that go ten years down the road (God knows, Obama loves to kick those cuts WAY down the road but still take credit for making them!) but tells us that increased drilling isn't an answer because it isn't IMMEDIATE?

You gotta love this guy...he can talk a line of bullshit that would make a snake oil salesman green with envy...and you people just lap it up.
cause and effect. if we were to try and cut the debt and deficit immediately, the economy would collapse due to the austerity programs that we would have to implement. to balance the budget in 1 fiscal year, you would need to cut $1T out of the budget. that would involve cutting SS, Medicare/Medicaid and Defense by 1/3rd each. this will lead to massive poverty and a collapsing economy. thus it has to be done over time

when you look at oil, you are trying to affect pricing right now, not prices 10 years from now since no one will know what supply or demand will look like 10 years from now, trying to control a commodity that far out is fruitless. that would like trying to control the price of copper or gold 10 years from now. as we have seen global oil demand is only increasing. especially with the rise in demand from China and India. since the US has only 2% of the worlds oil reserves but we consume 20% of the worlds oil, drilling more on domestic lands will have little affect on a global commodity. if you really want to affect the price you need to become less dependent on oil. thus you need to look for alternatives.

so lets say we do what the GOP wants and eliminate the EPA and drill on every piece of land possible to get oil. prices wont change one bit because we as a nation can not produce enough oil to affect the supply on a global market.

the US produces 9.1M barrels a day but consumes over 3 times that much at 18.8 M per day.
We're No. 1 (and No. 3)! Surprising Facts About the U.S. and Oil - DailyFinance

so in order to become energy independent on a oil only scale, we would need to double our production today, and not account for any increased demand in the future. that it unrealistic, there is not enough oil on american soil to do so. then again, you would also need OPEC to increase demand to account for other global demand as it increases since oil is still sold on the open market.

WHERE ARE YOUR FACTS regarding what You wrote"there is not enough oil on american soil to do so. "????

Explain this then...

In the below undeveloped areas of the domestic USA 2.5 TRILLION barrels of oil!!!
2.8 billion barrels in 100 feet or less off Gulf coast
.3 billion in Virginia
10.0 billion in Anwr .3% of 2.5 TRILLION barrels on less then 2,000 acres!
3.600.0 billion in Bakken Formation
The Bakken Formation in North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, and southern Canada was discovered in the 1980s and 1990s,with new production techniques, new estimates suggest that 3.65 billion barrels could be extracted from the Bakken Formation.

The Rand Corporation says that between 500 billion barrels and 1.1 trillion barrels may exist in the Green Rover Formation in Colorado, Utah and Wyoming.

U.S. oil resources: President Obama&rsquo;s &lsquo;non sequitur facts&rsquo; - The Washington Post

1.116 TRILLION BARRELS
U.S. HAS MASSIVE OIL
So assume ONLY 50% is recoverable!
The USA uses 20 million barrels a day..
That means 76 years if we use 50% of the oil in KNOWN reserves that are recoverable!

Yes..............

10 Countries with Cheapest Gas Prices in the World | Financial Jesus

how do these countries pay for the subsidies......?

Forum List

Back