So California brings Brown and Boxer back, but says no to pot?

I'm actually pissed. There's something in the water out there.
I wonder why the CON$ervative politicians and pundits who rant about the loss of freedom by being forced to use a particular type light bulb, and limit the salt on their hamburger, or the sugar in their soda, and smoking a cigar wherever they want, etc., didn't make an issue of the loss of freedom from drug laws and the waste of money spent to enforce them?

Find a grown up to read you some of the posts here from Oddball and myself for example. There's no shame in admitting you have trouble reading, there are many adult literacy classes you might consider

CA is so so so so so so so fucked.

The Republican Congress will NEVER agree to a bailout!

From what I've read CA is in a very bad financial state.

The Dem legislature has really screwed them yet they keep electing Dems to run the State??

Kinda hard to figure.

Anyone know who was Gov when they made all the union deals??

Me and my roomate were saying how if prop 19 passed we'd get on a plane to L.A. asap, but it didn't happen. So we just got stoned instead. Hahahaha!

Well, I mean, the stuff is practically, virtually, de-facto decriminalized up here in Canada, so its not much of a difference, but it would've been a hell of an excuse to go down there =)

as of 1-11-11.....it might as well be here.....less than an ounce is stern look....

The central authoritarian position goes against legalizing weed.

The "war" on (some) drugs is basically a huge welfare program for cops, the courts and the prison-industrial complex.

Basically..yep.

Prisons are huge part of why California is going bankrupt.

Cali already has decrim of pot, so the jails won't be filled in the future by small growers/users.

The Dem legislature has really screwed them yet they keep electing Dems to run the State??

Kinda hard to figure.

Why do they keep electing Democrats? Because it's not Democrats that are "ruining" the state. It's "Direct Democracy".

Proposition this and proposition that has given the state luxury social services with no way to pay for them.

Kinda hard to figure.

Why do they keep electing Democrats? Because it's not Democrats that are "ruining" the state. It's "Direct Democracy".

Proposition this and proposition that has given the state luxury social services with no way to pay for them.

Social services are not voted in by referendum.

Brown and Boxer are the same old "Dumb and Dumber" we've all heard about for years. California is down the tubes and idiots like these two are what helped them get there faster. It really saddens me to see Boxer get re-elected because she is a prime example of what is wrong with American leadership in Washington.

Last edited:
Cali is still the rich big brother, as things keep getting worse you'll see change.

This mixed outcome of returning Jerry Brown (an unabashed liberal) and not legalizing POT ought to once and for all put and end to the MYTH that liberals are supporters of the end to the war on drugs.

Why some of you conservatives think that these so falled liberals are for POT I surely do not know.

Clearly, the so called liberals have been more than happy to strictly enforce the drugs laws against POT.

Lord knows Clinton's DoJ did.

Last edited:
The election results for CA demonstrate how truly frelled the state is.

Prop 23 losing and Prop 25 passing set us up for very dismal economic conditions for years to come.

The one hope we have is for DC not to bail out the state so the inevitable insolvency will happen soon.

And then we can rebuild from the ashes.

If I didn't have so much family here, I would leave the state. I might do it anyway. Mr. Boe and I are starting to explore where we'd like to move.

This mixed outcome of returning Jerry Brown (an unabashed liberal) and not legalizing POT ought to once and for all put and end to the MYTH that liberals are supporters of the end to the war on drugs.

Why some of you conservatives think that these so falled liberals are for POT I surely do not know.

Clearly, the so called liberals have been more than happy to strictly enforce the drugs laws against POT.

Lord knows Clinton's DoJ did.

Clearly, too many liberal interest groups PROFIT from the War On Drugs - either in the supply, distribution, intervention, recovery, enforcement, or incarceration rackets.

how is the state so bad off if you have the highest number of millionaires and you give the most to poor people?

Kinda hard to figure.

Missouri has the exact same system. The difference is we use it responsibly.

Forum List

Back