So Are Republicans and/or Conservatives No Longer Against Tariffs?

Are Republicans/Self-Professed Conservatives now Pro-Tariffs?

• I'm a conservative, and I say yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I'm a conservative, and I say no

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I'm a liberal, and I say yes

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I'm a liberal, and I say no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an independent, and I say yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I'm an independent, and I say no

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
For years, nay...DECADES, we've been told by self-professed conservatives and American Republicans that tariffs are defacto taxes and therefore are verboten.

Now that Trump has been levying tariffs left and right, seems that the American self-professed conservatives are all for it.

So is that old and historical trope now only good for the garbage bin?

Are Republicans and other self-professed Conservatives in America now PRO-TARIFFS?!??
I've never heard anyone say that. Must be the voices in your head. Or more of your lies.
You've never heard anyone say what exactly?

Trump gave soybean farmers 28 BILLION $$$$ to make up the difference in the loss his tariff made - AMERICAN TAXPAYERS PAY FOR HIS 28 BILLION DOLLAR FUCK UP.

anyone who doesnt find anything wrong with that, please raise your hand.

For years, nay...DECADES, we've been told by self-professed conservatives and American Republicans that tariffs are defacto taxes and therefore are verboten.

Now that Trump has been levying tariffs left and right, seems that the American self-professed conservatives are all for it.

Are Republicans and other self-professed Conservatives in America now PRO-TARIFFS?!??

It appears since Trump is for tariffs the left is against them now, weird since the liberal pro slavery, against women the right to vote founding fathers used tariffs to build this country.

Yes, we are pro-tariffs because we trust Trump. Unlike Obama he has earned it. You know, unlike the monolithic left, we can think for ourselves. Stop trying to gas-light us.

Liberal philosophy is the free trade philosophy. Conservatives love to put tariffs on imports.

Of course not. I've always been against tariffs. In fact, I don't know a single conservative anywhere that is for tariffs.
So why does our current President have so much support on this foolish tariff campaign he's on?

And why are so many self-professed conservatives professing that it's suddenly a good thing?

I don't think the people see an alternative here.

However, if you have an idea on how President Trump can resolve the Illegal Alien problem without the threat of tariffs, You should tweet it to him.

I’m a Conservative and I have ALWAYS been in in favor of levying MASSIVE duties, fees and tariffs on EVERY product entering this country.

I am against the tariffs and believe it only hurt the consumer in the end.

Seeing we are hooked to the hip with Mexico from agriculture to auto industry to oil it mean this is going to slap the American consumer harder than tariffs against China.

When Trump threatened to shut the border down which would have halted trade with Mexico and us it seem many of his voters did not realize how much Mexico supplied this country besides the Avocados.

What will go up is cost of food from Tomatoes to Avocados and the cost of Beer will also rise.

Now before Trump voters scream buy American and plant a Victory Garden let be clear you can not plant during the winter as of now this is growing season but if the tariffs flow into winter then you will see the hurt on the American consumer.

Also remember your beer companies are now owned by foreign companies in Europe. Sure you have local companies but the bigger ones like Budweiser are no longer American owned, and the cost will hit you there.

In the end the Tariff idea is wrong and there are other ways to hurt Mexico and Central America while not punishing the American consumer...

I'm not for tariffs. having said that, a stand must be made against China, or all the manufacturing wins are gone. simply gone. one cannot compete against a product that is built by slave labor. just can't. If there was a commitment by corporations to not go offshore, I'd say differently, but that isn't going to happen either. no, it is time to stand up to china. Period.

I’m not a fan of them but when all the other options tried over decades with China and others have failed they become the only option left.
So, does that mean they work?

How about this...were you wrong then, when you were against them, or wrong now, that your favorite President is levying them?
It means when nothing else has worked you try this unless you are fine with status quo which you seem to be.

I've never heard anyone say that. Must be the voices in your head. Or more of your lies.
You've never heard anyone say what exactly?
You trolls always play the same games.

Seeing we are hooked to the hip with Mexico from agriculture to auto industry to oil it mean this is going to slap the American consumer harder than tariffs against China.

When Trump threatened to shut the border down which would have halted trade with Mexico and us it seem many of his voters did not realize how much Mexico supplied this country besides the Avocados.

What will go up is cost of food from Tomatoes to Avocados and the cost of Beer will also rise.

Now before Trump voters scream buy American and plant a Victory Garden let be clear you can not plant during the winter as of now this is growing season but if the tariffs flow into winter then you will see the hurt on the American consumer.

Also remember your beer companies are now owned by foreign companies in Europe. Sure you have local companies but the bigger ones like Budweiser are no longer American owned, and the cost will hit you there.

In the end the Tariff idea is wrong and there are other ways to hurt Mexico and Central America while not punishing the American consumer...
name a way

Of course not. I've always been against tariffs. In fact, I don't know a single conservative anywhere that is for tariffs.
So why does our current President have so much support on this foolish tariff campaign he's on?

And why are so many self-professed conservatives professing that it's suddenly a good thing?

However, if you have an idea on how President Trump can resolve the Illegal Alien problem without the threat of tariffs, You should tweet it to him.

its called diplomacy - leaders sit down, and work out their differences, the come to an agreement.

but we dont have a leader - we have a self centered, self serving, fat ass IDIOT.

END OF STORY

name a way

Blocking money being sent to Mexico or Central America through sites like Western Union is one.

its called diplomacy - leaders sit down, and work out their differences, the come to an agreement.

but we dont have a leader - we have a self centered, self serving, fat ass IDIOT.

END OF STORY
oh shut up. that's just bullshit grandstanding right there.

name a way

Blocking money being sent to Mexico or Central America through sites like Western Union is one.
how does one enforce that?

name a way

Now explain why you support Tariffs that will hurt the American consumer?

Why do you believe Trump is correct and had Obama done this would have supported it or would have bashed him like I would?

END OF STORY
oh shut up. that's just bullshit grandstanding right there.

IF TRUMPS TARIFF'S ARE SO SWEET WHY DID HE GIVE SOYBEAN FARMERS 28 BILLION DOLLARS ?

name a way

how does one enforce that?

How does one enforce it?

Simple make the tax too high...

One dollar will cost them a thousand dollars to send it.

Forum List

Back