So Are Republicans and/or Conservatives No Longer Against Tariffs?

Are Republicans/Self-Professed Conservatives now Pro-Tariffs?

• I'm a conservative, and I say yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I'm a conservative, and I say no

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I'm a liberal, and I say yes

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I'm a liberal, and I say no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an independent, and I say yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I'm an independent, and I say no

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Wow, that made sense.

Using trasde as a weapon. Something Republicans used to hate.

Republicans depend on fasrmers for votes. Now these Republicans remain silent as Trump takes their fasrms from them.
/----/ Yes it makes perfect sense. If Trump liked tariffs - he wouldn't impose them on other countries. He'd be like Obozo and let those other countries tariff our exports while they flood the US market with their crap with no penalty.

Lying again about our trade with China. When will you assfucks quit believing the shit Trump says?
We hold a trade surplus with China on agricultural goods. We exported a lot of farm products.

Now, pull your head of out of Trump's fat ass & think. How would we be doing this if China had high tariffs on our agricultural products?

Trump ran around putting tariffs on other country's goods without even thinking that they would retaliate.

Trump knows nothing about international trade.

Trump's life is international trade, Dave. The sun never sets on the Trump Organization.

Tariffs were not the President's first choice or even his second to deal with this problem. But the failure of Chuck and Nancy to get the wall built, or to change immigration law or really do anything to address the problem, left the President with limited options in regards to illegal aliens
What product does Trump manufacture? Trump invests in real estate. That is nit trade.
The wall did not get built because both Democrats & Republicans know it is stupid. The Democrats passed funding for the border & your buddy vetoed it. So really, STFU.
/——/ “That is nit trade.”
Real estate for golf courses, residential and commercial uses are absolutely trade.
trade
  • n.
    The business of buying and selling commodities, products, or services; commerce. synonym: business.
  • n.
    A branch or kind of business.

Building a resort is not the same. You go to a country, buy a piece of land, build a building. You are not shipping products on a ongoing basis.

Trump doesn't know shit about trade..

They get deported when caught. We make sure companies are not purposefully employing them.

That doesn't happen in Sanctuary Cities.

Former Mayor Louis Barletta of the Great City of Hazleton PA, pushed through a law to penalize employers who hire and landlords who rent to Illegals. Any landlord is definitely complicit in the hiring of illegals too. They know that the illegals are working and where they are working before they since a lease. Libs had a conniption against Mr. Barletta

Local law enforcement have no jurisdiction for illegal immigration enforcement.

Without the help of all Americans and American law enforcement agencies, there is really no way to stop the plague of illegal aliens.

Unless you want to increase the size of the ICE staff to 3 million?

You people don't understand the benefits of sanctuary cities.

The benefit if your an illegal alien is pretty clear.

But I don't understand the benefit to ordinary Americans like Kate Steinle who are slaughtered in the streets by illegals and whose assailants are exonerated and virtually given medals for their undocumented status.

You don't know shit.

You, like your orange hero, thinks trade imbalances are loses. They are not.

So, why are our trade partners so upset that Trump wants to reduce those trade imbalances? Are they less smart than you? Less informed?

They don't like the tariffs.

Trade imbalances propose various issues but they not not indicate losing money like you & trump think.

If they don't want the tariffs, then re balance the trade some other way. After all, it doesn't matter which way they money flows, as long as it flows.

But, they don't. Why do you think that is? Cause it looks like they really want to keep the money flowing to THEIR people, instead of ours.

Can you splain that to me, using small words?

I have $100. You have a product. I buy $50 worth of your product.

I now have $50 & $50 worth of product.

Where did I lose money?
Now I have

So, why are our trading partners so upset then? That was my question. Funny you missed that. I was pretty clear.
They are upset with your fat sassed orange POS buddy trying to bully them with the use of tariffs.

Why are you too stupid to get that?

/----/ Yes it makes perfect sense. If Trump liked tariffs - he wouldn't impose them on other countries. He'd be like Obozo and let those other countries tariff our exports while they flood the US market with their crap with no penalty.

Lying again about our trade with China. When will you assfucks quit believing the shit Trump says?
We hold a trade surplus with China on agricultural goods. We exported a lot of farm products.

Now, pull your head of out of Trump's fat ass & think. How would we be doing this if China had high tariffs on our agricultural products?

Trump ran around putting tariffs on other country's goods without even thinking that they would retaliate.

Trump's life is international trade, Dave. The sun never sets on the Trump Organization.

Tariffs were not the President's first choice or even his second to deal with this problem. But the failure of Chuck and Nancy to get the wall built, or to change immigration law or really do anything to address the problem, left the President with limited options in regards to illegal aliens
What product does Trump manufacture? Trump invests in real estate. That is nit trade.
The wall did not get built because both Democrats & Republicans know it is stupid. The Democrats passed funding for the border & your buddy vetoed it. So really, STFU.
Real estate for golf courses, residential and commercial uses are absolutely trade.
trade
  • n.
    The business of buying and selling commodities, products, or services; commerce. synonym: business.
  • n.

Building a resort is not the same. You go to a country, buy a piece of land, build a building. You are not shipping products on a ongoing basis.

How many resorts have you built abroad that makes you the expert on this, Dave?

So, why are our trade partners so upset that Trump wants to reduce those trade imbalances? Are they less smart than you? Less informed?

Trade imbalances propose various issues but they not not indicate losing money like you & trump think.

If they don't want the tariffs, then re balance the trade some other way. After all, it doesn't matter which way they money flows, as long as it flows.

But, they don't. Why do you think that is? Cause it looks like they really want to keep the money flowing to THEIR people, instead of ours.

Where did I lose money?
Now I have

So, why are our trading partners so upset then? That was my question. Funny you missed that. I was pretty clear.
They are upset with your fat sassed orange POS buddy trying to bully them with the use of tariffs.

How is this "bullying" at all?

I thought the liberal talking point was that these countries laugh and could give a shit less about tariffs?

They get deported when caught. We make sure companies are not purposefully employing them.

That doesn't happen in Sanctuary Cities.

Former Mayor Louis Barletta of the Great City of Hazleton PA, pushed through a law to penalize employers who hire and landlords who rent to Illegals. Any landlord is definitely complicit in the hiring of illegals too. They know that the illegals are working and where they are working before they since a lease. Libs had a conniption against Mr. Barletta

Local law enforcement have no jurisdiction for illegal immigration enforcement.

Without the help of all Americans and American law enforcement agencies, there is really no way to stop the plague of illegal aliens.

Unless you want to increase the size of the ICE staff to 3 million?

You people don't understand the benefits of sanctuary cities.

The benefit if your an illegal alien is pretty clear.

But I don't understand the benefit to ordinary Americans like Kate Steinle who are slaughtered in the streets by illegals and whose assailants are exonerated and virtually given medals for their undocumented status.
Not the "OMG OMG Kaste" bullshit.

Kate would be safer in a community of illegals than a community of US citizens.

In sanctuary cities, undocumented people do not fear being turned in to ICE & are more likely to help law enforcement. Help in their communities. Instead of hiding in the shadows.

And really, learn about this shit instrad of masking stupid f comments about them being exonerated. Those committing crimes are prosecuted like anyone else would be. The "sactuary" dores nmot protect those who have committed crimes

Quit being such a fucking dumbass.

trade
  • n.
  • n.

How many resorts have you built abroad that makes you the expert on this, Dave?

I do a lot of export business. That makes me more experienced in that aspect that your fast asssed orange buddy.

Trump gets the permits needed, buys land, hires companies to build. Where is the fucking trade?

Where did I lose money?
Now I have

How is this "bullying" at all?

I thought the liberal talking point was that these countries laugh and could give a shit less about tariffs?

When a larger, more powerful economy trying to hurt a smaller entity economically to get their way?

Trump is like the grade school bully stealing lunch money & then bragging about how much he collected.

True leaders do not need to bully.

Where did I lose money?
Now I have

To "bully" then into rebalancing trade, with a tool to rebalance trade. If such balance does not matter, as you claim it does not,

then they would not, or at least should not care.

But instead they do care.

They seem to think that trade balance matters. They seem to think it matters a lot.

"Rebecca Mond, VP of the American Toy Association, spoke with Fox Business to discuss the negative impact additional tariffs on Chinese goods would have on the toy industry. Mond said 70K jobs will be lost and consumers could see a 15% price increase on toys."

Forum List

Back