So Are Republicans and/or Conservatives No Longer Against Tariffs?

Are Republicans/Self-Professed Conservatives now Pro-Tariffs?

• I'm a conservative, and I say yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I'm a conservative, and I say no

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I'm a liberal, and I say yes

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I'm a liberal, and I say no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an independent, and I say yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I'm an independent, and I say no

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
I am against the tariffs and believe it only hurt the consumer in the end.

Seeing we are hooked to the hip with Mexico from agriculture to auto industry to oil it mean this is going to slap the American consumer harder than tariffs against China.

When Trump threatened to shut the border down which would have halted trade with Mexico and us it seem many of his voters did not realize how much Mexico supplied this country besides the Avocados.

What will go up is cost of food from Tomatoes to Avocados and the cost of Beer will also rise.

Now before Trump voters scream buy American and plant a Victory Garden let be clear you can not plant during the winter as of now this is growing season but if the tariffs flow into winter then you will see the hurt on the American consumer.

Also remember your beer companies are now owned by foreign companies in Europe. Sure you have local companies but the bigger ones like Budweiser are no longer American owned, and the cost will hit you there.

In the end the Tariff idea is wrong and there are other ways to hurt Mexico and Central America while not punishing the American consumer...
name a way

Now explain why you support Tariffs that will hurt the American consumer?

Why do you believe Trump is correct and had Obama done this would have supported it or would have bashed him like I would?
well the tariff on mexico is different than china, but they both have the same conclusion, stop fking americans. So mexico has the opportunity to step up and do what is actually right and enforce their own immigration laws. that would solve the caravan thing. now, how to make them enforce them. I have no problem with a 5% tariff on product coming in. that will only hurt the average joe by 5% of a total price on a product, not their household income. fk I hate when people draw out the drama in lies.

fk dude, the left in illinois just doubled the gas tax here in illinois 19 cents a gallon to 38 cents a gallon. what's the difference, it's still a tax? drop all the taxes because everyone gets hurt then. how's that. Had obammy done it and stopped illegals, I would have said genius.

For years, nay...DECADES, we've been told by self-professed conservatives and American Republicans that tariffs are defacto taxes and therefore are verboten.

Now that Trump has been levying tariffs left and right, seems that the American self-professed conservatives are all for it.

So is that old and historical trope now only good for the garbage bin?

Are Republicans and other self-professed Conservatives in America now PRO-TARIFFS?!??
Liberal philosophy is the free trade philosophy. Conservatives love to put tariffs on imports.

Then why were they for them?

For years, nay...DECADES, we've been told by self-professed conservatives and American Republicans that tariffs are defacto taxes and therefore are verboten.

Now that Trump has been levying tariffs left and right, seems that the American self-professed conservatives are all for it.

Are Republicans and other self-professed Conservatives in America now PRO-TARIFFS?!??
And giving tariffs to Mexico to stop immigration ? The orange pos is bonkers How can republicans stay silent now?

Of course not. I've always been against tariffs. In fact, I don't know a single conservative anywhere that is for tariffs.
So why does our current President have so much support on this foolish tariff campaign he's on?

And why are so many self-professed conservatives professing that it's suddenly a good thing?

I don't think the people see an alternative here.

However, if you have an idea on how President Trump can resolve the Illegal Alien problem without the threat of tariffs, You should tweet it to him.

its called diplomacy - leaders sit down, and work out their differences, the come to an agreement.

but we dont have a leader - we have a self centered, self serving, fat ass IDIOT.

END OF STORY
oh shut up. that's just bullshit grandstanding right there.

IF TRUMPS TARIFF'S ARE SO SWEET WHY DID HE GIVE SOYBEAN FARMERS 28 BILLION DOLLARS ?
I supposed for the same reason obammy gave it to solyndra? I guess? it isn't costing you a dime.

I'm an independent, and I say no

I believe true conservatives are still against tariffs. It's those that practice partisan politics who blindly adjust to their leader's convictions that I don't hold much respect for.

I would have picked Republicans: yes, Conservatives: no.

For years, nay...DECADES, we've been told by self-professed conservatives and American Republicans that tariffs aredefacto taxes and therefore are verboten.

I read where a 5% tariff on Mexico could push an extra 800$ a year on American taxpayers.

up that tariff to 25% like Goldilocks said he would do then remind me about tax cuts.

Trump supporters certainly are.

"It's different when we do it".

Your ALL 3 wrong, we HATE tariffs. But, these tariffs aren't there for the sake of policy, they are there to enforce policy, and will be removed as soon as either Mexico caves, or you Democrats cave in congress.

You are all trying to SPIN again, as usual. What would you have the President do? Every time he tries to alleviate the crisis at the border, you people go to your favorite Obama judge and get an injunction. You told everyone there was no crisis, and you say too say there is, but you won't do anything about it, so Trump will FORCE Mexico to, or it costs them.

As far as China, what weapon has Trump got to FORCE them to stop stealing our intellectual property? Money talks, and bullshit walks. You either stop stealing and make a fair deal, or I will make your goods SOOOOO EXPENSIVE, other countries will start producing the products you sell us, because they can get in under your price point.

Yep tariffs suck and do NOT work in the traditional sense, which is to PROTECT our jobs by over pricing foreign goods. But they DO WORK if you cut off the money train to other countries, until they quit screwing you!

And giving tariffs to Mexico to stop immigration ? The orange pos is bonkers How can republicans stay silent now?

EASY - they shove one thumb in their mouth, and one up their butt, then rotate every 60 seconds ..

Seeing we are hooked to the hip with Mexico from agriculture to auto industry to oil it mean this is going to slap the American consumer harder than tariffs against China.

When Trump threatened to shut the border down which would have halted trade with Mexico and us it seem many of his voters did not realize how much Mexico supplied this country besides the Avocados.

What will go up is cost of food from Tomatoes to Avocados and the cost of Beer will also rise.

Now before Trump voters scream buy American and plant a Victory Garden let be clear you can not plant during the winter as of now this is growing season but if the tariffs flow into winter then you will see the hurt on the American consumer.

Also remember your beer companies are now owned by foreign companies in Europe. Sure you have local companies but the bigger ones like Budweiser are no longer American owned, and the cost will hit you there.

In the end the Tariff idea is wrong and there are other ways to hurt Mexico and Central America while not punishing the American consumer...
name a way

Why do you believe Trump is correct and had Obama done this would have supported it or would have bashed him like I would?
well the tariff on mexico is different than china, but they both have the same conclusion, stop fking americans. So mexico has the opportunity to step up and do what is actually right and enforce their own immigration laws. that would solve the caravan thing. now, how to make them enforce them. I have no problem with a 5% tariff on product coming in. that will only hurt the average joe by 5% of a total price on a product. fk dude, the left in illinois just doubled the gas tax here in illinois 19 cents a gallon to 38 cents a gallon. what's the difference, it's still a tax? drop all the taxes because everyone gets hurt then. how's that. Had obammy done it and stopped illegals, I would have said genius.

I know you are lying because had Obama done it you would have been against it.

Yet we are not talking about five percent only but twenty-five percent if Mexico does not comply in a certain amount of time.

Funny how Trump voters forget that part and say " but Illinois did this, so Trump Tariffs are great! "...

In the end the tariff hurt the consumer and Mexico can hurt us far more than China but hey those like you still believe all we import from Mexico is Avocados and a Victory Garden will win this war with Mexico...

There are other ways but hell bring the tariffs on and enjoy President Biden in 2021...

it seemed to have worked. hmmmm BTW, I'm right fking here, what do you need?

I believe true conservatives are still against tariffs. It's those that practice partisan politics who blindly adjust to their leader's convictions that I don't hold much respect for.

For years, nay...DECADES, we've been told by self-professed conservatives and American Republicans that tariffs aredefacto taxes and therefore are verboten.

I read where a 5% tariff on Mexico could push an extra 800$ a year on American taxpayers.

up that tariff to 25% like Goldilocks said he would do then remind me about tax cuts.

Your ALL 3 wrong, we HATE tariffs. But, these tariffs aren't there for the sake of policy, they are there to enforce policy, and will be removed as soon as either Mexico caves, or you Democrats cave in congress.

Like I said, "It's different when we do it". The spin is yours. Excuses, nothing more.

What would you have the President do?

LOL. You really don't wanna know.

Every time he tries to alleviate the crisis at the border, you people go to your favorite Obama judge and get an injunction.

Yep. The courts are there to protect us from overreaching government. Trump's trying to cheat that system.

name a way

well the tariff on mexico is different than china, but they both have the same conclusion, stop fking americans. So mexico has the opportunity to step up and do what is actually right and enforce their own immigration laws. that would solve the caravan thing. now, how to make them enforce them. I have no problem with a 5% tariff on product coming in. that will only hurt the average joe by 5% of a total price on a product. fk dude, the left in illinois just doubled the gas tax here in illinois 19 cents a gallon to 38 cents a gallon. what's the difference, it's still a tax? drop all the taxes because everyone gets hurt then. how's that. Had obammy done it and stopped illegals, I would have said genius.

Yet we are not talking about five percent only but twenty-five percent if Mexico does not comply in a certain amount of time.

Funny how Trump voters forget that part and say " but Illinois did this, so Trump Tariffs are great! "...

In the end the tariff hurt the consumer and Mexico can hurt us far more than China but hey those like you still believe all we import from Mexico is Avocados and a Victory Garden will win this war with Mexico...

There are other ways but he bring the tariffs on and enjoy President Biden in 2021...
it still only against a product, not a household income. can you be honest about that?

Like I said, "It's different when we do it". The spin is yours. Excuses, nothing more.

Every time he tries to alleviate the crisis at the border, you people go to your favorite Obama judge and get an injunction.

Yep. The courts are there to protect us from overreaching government. Trump's trying to cheat that system.
You really don't wanna know.

oh no, we want to know. tell us.

Are you still stupid?

[ ] Definitely. Won't leave home without it.
[ ] Huh?
[ ] I'm confused
[ ] If I am, what are you?
[ ] Stupid is as stupid does
[ ] No. I'm getting better. Honest
[ ] I'm more smarter than you. I spend half my day on a messageboard and manage to still get paid

What a stupid question.

name a way

There are other ways but he bring the tariffs on and enjoy President Biden in 2021...
it still only against a product, not a household income. can you be honest about that?

Holy shit!

We import a good amount of our agriculture from Mexico!

So it will hit us at the market when shopping!

Also you do know Mexico supplies us oil, so what if they say no more oil?

Sure it did not hit you in the paycheck but hey who cares if people suffer while fueling and shopping!

Can you be honest?

No, why because anything Trump does is good enough for you!

Unless you're completely brain dead you must realize that it takes fire to fight fire. If you can't figure that out well you're probably too damn stupid to ever understand this or anything relating to economics or global politics.
im fluid it depends on the circumstances

name a way

Holy shit!

Sure it did not hit you in the paycheck but hey who cares if people suffer while fueling and shopping!

Can you be honest?

ok, so give me an example of how it will hurt us. do a math figure for me on what it will mean.

Holy shit!

Can you be honest?

ok, so give me an example of how it will hurt us. do a math figure for me on what it will mean.

first thing you need to do is figure out how a tariff works....

second thing is stfu until you do.

Well, I am glad you actually feel that way. Then you won't mind, when the American people unceremoniously kick your a**es out of the House in 2020, and you lose any power you thought you had-)

You don't want to solve problems? No business being in congress!

Holy shit!

Can you be honest?

You are kidding me right?

We import Tomatoes at over 80% from Mexico along with other agricultural products from Mexico.

So at this poin I can buy roma Tomatoes at $0.88 per pound but let say Trump hit his peak at twenty-five percent the price goes up to a $1.09 per pound...

Now you see that as no big deal but that is a $0.21 rise just in buying fresh Tomatoes but also it will raise the cost in canned food that are tomato based.

Not only that the rise in cost for auto parts or the rise of the cost of a new car will also be affected and now we get into the bigger dollars...

Oh, like I wrote they sell us oil but hey who care we don't need their filthy oil because Trump tariffs are more important.

You asked for math but what you want is to say you do not care about the American Consumer because Trump is the only one you will listen to...

Oh, and If you drink Beer even Budweiser, well that will go up too...

Enjoy losing money from your pocket book and Biden victory speech in 2021...

Trump ran away from closing the border down and will run from his tariff remark once he realizes it will kill him in the polls soon...

Forum List

Back