Smuggling tunnels between Mexico/US

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Smuggling tunnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

U.S.-Mexican smuggling tunnels

150 tunnels have been found since 1990, most of them incomplete.[4]

On January 25, 2006, a tunnel was found on the US-Mexico border by a joint U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and U.S. Border Patrol task force. The 2400-foot-long (720m) tunnel runs from a warehouse near the Tijuana airport to a warehouse in San Diego. When discovered, it was devoid of people, but it did contain 2 tons of marijuana. It was 5 feet high and up to 90 feet deep. The floor was made of cement and the walls were exposed clay, with lights lining one side, a ventilation system to keep fresh air circulating, and a water drainage system to remove infiltrating ground water. Authorities said it was unclear how long the tunnel had been in operation.

On January 30, U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agents arrested a Mexican citizen, who was linked to the tunnel via the U.S. warehouse, operated by V&F Distributors LLC. On the Friday before, January 27, immigration authorities reportedly received information that the Mexican cartel behind the operation was threatening the lives of any agents involved with the construction or occupation of the tunnel. US Customs and Immigration, however, pledged to protect them as best they can. Authorities believe Tijuana's Arellano-Felix drug syndicate, or some other well-known drug cartel, was behind the building and operation of the tunnel.[5]

On November 26, 2010, a 2,600 foot (800m) tunnel was discovered linking Tijuana to Otay Mesa, California.[6] In the same month another tunnel was discovered between these two cities. Both tunnels were discovered by a San Diego Task Force and are believed to be the work of Mexico's Sinaloa cartel. Over 40 tons of cannabis was found and confiscated between the two.[7]

An analysis of U.S.-Mexican smuggling tunnels, the U.S.-Canadian smuggling tunnel and the smuggling tunnels in the Rafah, Gaza Strip was completed by Lichtenwald and Perri as part of a transnational analysis of smuggling tunnels.[8][9] Lichtenwald and Perri outlined sources and methods for evaluating which tunnels are used by different populations in various parts of the world to smuggling contraband that does not threaten a nation’s security as opposed to tunnels that smuggle contraband that do threaten a nation’s security. Hybrid tunnels, tunnels that smuggle contraband that threaten a nation’s security as well as those that do not, are detailed.

In December 2012, a yard diameter and football length tunnel which had electricity and ventilation was found near the Nogales port of entry.[10] Since 1990, there have been almost 170 tunnels found leading into Mexico, mostly in Arizona and California.[11]

On February 14, 2014 an underground drug tunnel was discovered in Nogales, Arizona. The tunnel spanned 481 feet, or longer than 1 1/2 football fields. The tunnel was being used to smuggle marijuana and other drugs into the U.S. Another 590 pounds of marijuana was seized after federal agents stopped a vehicle they saw driving away from the residence. 46 pounds of marijuana and half a pound of heroin was found inside the tunnel. Three people have been arrested in connection with the bust.[12]

Border Tunnels

Go ahead and build more fencing. The fence that's been there all these years haven't even slowed them down.

Go to Google earth and take a good look at what BP is up against.

The tunnels should be implanted with explosives and destroyed without regard as to who or what is in them at the time.

The tunnels should be implanted with explosives and destroyed without regard as to who or what is in them at the time.

As usual, you ignore the substance of the OP in favor of spewing your brainless hate. EXACTLY what I expect from a doctor/lawyer/psychiatrist/dog washer.

Thanks for never letting me down.

So what enforcement method do you propose to help stop the drugs and hoards of illegals flooding across the border?? ..... :cool:

Decriminalize drugs and implement a braceros type program.
So we should legalize heroin?

And how is that program going to secure our borders? .... :cool:

And, as usual, Sunni "man" reads one thing and understands something completely different.

SSDD from the knee jerkers.

As usual, you ignore the substance of the OP in favor of spewing your brainless hate. EXACTLY what I expect from a doctor/lawyer/psychiatrist/dog washer.

You don't understand the problem because you have not been directly effected by it and you don't understand how a healthy economy works and you don't care about the citizens that have been adversely effected by it. All ilk like you care about is perpetuating your dangerous bleeding heart liberal views. How many illegal aliens have you taken into your house? Second amendment.

Smuggling tunnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

U.S.-Mexican smuggling tunnels

150 tunnels have been found since 1990, most of them incomplete.[4]

On January 25, 2006, a tunnel was found on the US-Mexico border by a joint U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and U.S. Border Patrol task force. The 2400-foot-long (720m) tunnel runs from a warehouse near the Tijuana airport to a warehouse in San Diego. When discovered, it was devoid of people, but it did contain 2 tons of marijuana. It was 5 feet high and up to 90 feet deep. The floor was made of cement and the walls were exposed clay, with lights lining one side, a ventilation system to keep fresh air circulating, and a water drainage system to remove infiltrating ground water. Authorities said it was unclear how long the tunnel had been in operation.

On January 30, U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agents arrested a Mexican citizen, who was linked to the tunnel via the U.S. warehouse, operated by V&F Distributors LLC. On the Friday before, January 27, immigration authorities reportedly received information that the Mexican cartel behind the operation was threatening the lives of any agents involved with the construction or occupation of the tunnel. US Customs and Immigration, however, pledged to protect them as best they can. Authorities believe Tijuana's Arellano-Felix drug syndicate, or some other well-known drug cartel, was behind the building and operation of the tunnel.[5]

On November 26, 2010, a 2,600 foot (800m) tunnel was discovered linking Tijuana to Otay Mesa, California.[6] In the same month another tunnel was discovered between these two cities. Both tunnels were discovered by a San Diego Task Force and are believed to be the work of Mexico's Sinaloa cartel. Over 40 tons of cannabis was found and confiscated between the two.[7]

An analysis of U.S.-Mexican smuggling tunnels, the U.S.-Canadian smuggling tunnel and the smuggling tunnels in the Rafah, Gaza Strip was completed by Lichtenwald and Perri as part of a transnational analysis of smuggling tunnels.[8][9] Lichtenwald and Perri outlined sources and methods for evaluating which tunnels are used by different populations in various parts of the world to smuggling contraband that does not threaten a nation’s security as opposed to tunnels that smuggle contraband that do threaten a nation’s security. Hybrid tunnels, tunnels that smuggle contraband that threaten a nation’s security as well as those that do not, are detailed.

In December 2012, a yard diameter and football length tunnel which had electricity and ventilation was found near the Nogales port of entry.[10] Since 1990, there have been almost 170 tunnels found leading into Mexico, mostly in Arizona and California.[11]

On February 14, 2014 an underground drug tunnel was discovered in Nogales, Arizona. The tunnel spanned 481 feet, or longer than 1 1/2 football fields. The tunnel was being used to smuggle marijuana and other drugs into the U.S. Another 590 pounds of marijuana was seized after federal agents stopped a vehicle they saw driving away from the residence. 46 pounds of marijuana and half a pound of heroin was found inside the tunnel. Three people have been arrested in connection with the bust.[12]

Border Tunnels

Go ahead and build more fencing. The fence that's been there all these years haven't even slowed them down.

Go to Google earth and take a good look at what BP is up against.

We have sensors that can be placed under ground to detect tunneling and movement but we don't do it.
The fence you speak of doesn't exist. The fences that ARE there are only segments. We need to build a wall from SanDiego to Brownville, Tx. Put sensors in the ground and then place a squad of military every 1/8 of a mile along the fence...end....of...problem. "how do we get rid of 20m illegals that are already here"? One by fucking one if necessary.

Last edited:
Funny that. Tunnels into the US. I am old enough to remember when Canada-America-Mexico used to have open borders. Funny how that is. People abuse laws, sneak in. Then, by sheer force of numbers, manipulated laws to their favor. My German Jewish Irish Catholic grandparents NEVER pulled these stunts, ever. They say laws are against them and build tunnels and just sneak in anyway. Mexicans or Palestinians, do the right thing. Don't just pretend you can do whatever you want whenever.

You don't understand the problem because you have not been directly effected by it and you don't understand how a healthy economy works and you don't care about the citizens that have been adversely effected by it. All ilk like you care about is perpetuating your dangerous bleeding heart liberal views. How many illegal aliens have you taken into your house? Second amendment.

Read my previous gazillion posts on this -

I lived there more than 25 years and have taken hundreds into my home.

Don't lie about me. Don't pretend I have said things I have not said. Just read what I really wrote.

Finishing the fence will not work. Nor will the other things I've written about and seen first hand. Until we admit that we need a completely different approach, we'll just go on flailing around, throwing money at it and accomplishing nothing.

Meanwhile, the illegals have pretty much stopped coming anyway but that's not what the lying Repubs want you to know.

I would go with massive air strikes against Mexico city, killing as many civilians as you can, then see if you get charged with war crimes.

I would go with massive air strikes against Mexico city, killing as many civilians as you can, then see if you get charged with war crimes.

Don't say that too loud. There are some real nutters here would take it seriously.

Funny how no one has seriously considered what I wrote.

But hey, that's what we did in Iraq and those who committed the war crimes are wealthy and painting really stupid bathtub crap.

Forum List

Back