Smoking Joe is one of my heroes

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Not only in sports - but any place.

I was rooting big-time for Ali in Ali-Frazier 1 in 1971. Bout of the Century.

Was crushed when he beat Ali legit.

That fightwith ALI on Cosells show was staged)
Then he got knocke d down 6 timesw by Foreman in 2 rounds.

Took it in stride. Gracious in victory and defeat. (never really a very good boxer)

NOBODY CAN NAME WHO THE HEAVYWEIGT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD IS TODAY. If you can -get a life.
Wish him and his family the best.

CLASS ACT

Last edited:
Frazier is still a sports god in Philadelphia. Great fighter who I never heard a bad word spoken about. I still hate Ali for what he did to a humble man who never spoke ill of anyone. Prior to the Fight of the Century (Ali-Frazier 1) Ali said he would crawl across the ring if Frazier beat him. Not only did he not crawl, but he started a publicity campaign that he had really won the fight and that Frazier was not the true champ. One of the lowest class defeats I ever saw.
Calling Frazier a gorilla, Uncle Tom and ugly set a new standard of poor sportsmanship

Yet Ali is worshipped today

Frazier is still a sports god in Philadelphia. Great fighter who I never heard a bad word spoken about. I still hate Ali for what he did to a humble man who never spoke ill of anyone. Prior to the Fight of the Century (Ali-Frazier 1) Ali said he would crawl across the ring if Frazier beat him. Not only did he not crawl, but he started a publicity campaign that he had really won the fight and that Frazier was not the true champ. One of the lowest class defeats I ever saw.
Calling Frazier a gorilla, Uncle Tom and ugly set a new standard of poor sportsmanship

This. Ali was great-and I'm not taking away his ability. But the guy was a total asshole.

Ya see. In America ( with the A) these were the greats. Now all you have is a bunch of gold teefed street apes.
I wish they would have gotten some of the smaller guys like Sugar Ray in the mix.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asyQAAdbpDk]Legendary "Dinner with the Champs" (Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Norton, Holmes) - YouTube[/ame]

Ali talked a lot of shit but those old champs were friends their whole adult lives.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsAC4lhbE0g&feature=related]Muhammad Ali engaging in some of his famous trash talk - YouTube[/ame]

......and why is HW boxing dead now ? murkin fucking ******* like this piece of shit.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIXBcwAxeHM&feature=related]Mike Tyson got angry at the interviewer - YouTube[/ame]

Ali was already over his prime in the first Ali Frazier fight.

His best yearswere from 67-70.

Wasn't the same fighter when he came back in 1970.

Both Aliand Fraazier wer washed- up in their next 2 fights.

Ali was already over his prime in the first Ali Frazier fight.

His best yearswere from 67-70.

Wasn't the same fighter when he came back in 1970.

Both Aliand Fraazier wer washed- up in their next 2 fights.

I think the layoff was the best thing for Alis career. Who else was he going to fight over those three years, he had already beaten everyone. You would have had a bum of the month parade

Ali came back fresh without the wear and tear of fighting for three years. He had a fresh slate of fighters to take on including Frazier, Forman, Norton

And yet, they have a statue of Rocky Balboa and not Smokin Joe.

Forum List

Back