RIP Joe Frazier

Such a sad ending for a truly great boxer and gentleman. Gosh he was fun to watch! Such power and finesse wrapped up in one package.

RIP Joe you earned it man, you earned it.

Such a sad ending for a truly great boxer and gentleman. Gosh he was fun to watch! Such power and finesse wrapped up in one package.

RIP Joe you earned it man, you earned it.

ditto!

I used to love watching Smoking Joe fight. Constant movement, bobbing his head trying to land that hook. It was a shame seeing how low class Ali treated a great man and true gentleman. Joe was robbed of his respect during the highlight of his career.

It is also a reminder of how great boxing used to be and how far it has fallen. Ali, Frazier, Forman, Ken Norton, Sonny Liston.....those were some great heavyweights. Now I couldn't even tell you who the heavyweight champ is

I've never been able to watch a fight for more than 5 minutes or so but I hear Smokin' Joe was a great, great man and fighter!

RIP.. :(

I used to love watching Smoking Joe fight. Constant movement, bobbing his head trying to land that hook. It was a shame seeing how low class Ali treated a great man and true gentleman. Joe was robbed of his respect during the highlight of his career.

It is also a reminder of how great boxing used to be and how far it has fallen. Ali, Frazier, Forman, Ken Norton, Sonny Liston.....those were some great heavyweights. Now I couldn't even tell you who the heavyweight champ is

Don't kid yourself. Ali and Cosell made Frazier a rich man and a household name.

Now, I've seen Sugar Ray interviewed, he can be considered one of the greats, imo. Maybe he wasn't a heavyweight. He looked a little smaller than Ali or George Forman.

Don't kid yourself. Ali and Cosell made Frazier a rich man and a household name.

In the 70s, being Heavyweight Champion of the World was enough to be a household name. Ali whined and campaigned to have his loss to Frazier ignored and declared himself the true champion. He also turned other blacks against Frazier calling him an Uncle Tom, ugly, gorilla.

Frazier was robbed of the respect he had rightfully earned

In the 70s, being Heavyweight Champion of the World was enough to be a household name. Ali whined and campaigned to have his loss to Frazier ignored and declared himself the true champion. He also turned other blacks against Frazier calling him an Uncle Tom, ugly, gorilla.

Household name? Sure. Rich household name? Not so much.

Household name? Sure. Rich household name? Not so much.

If you asked Joe, I am sure he would have rather had the respect than the money

I agree , though I would say that ali has paid his own price as his former 'eloquence' has fled.......Frazier is remembered as a class guy, Ali, uhmmm not so much..

Time-warp- I remember going with my father and cousins to a theater that had a closed circuit feed of Ali -Frazier74. ( and I think Frazier got robbed btw, and I am far from alone) .for you yougen's ask your dad what closed circuit feeds are ;)

and down goes Frazier...:doubt:

RIP Smokin' Joe.

Last edited:
He helped make Muhammed Ali "Muhammed Ali."

In their own ways, each was truly a great.

Sad to see Muhammed Ali's present medical condition. Sadder yet to see Smokin' Joe's end.

Now, I've seen Sugar Ray interviewed, he can be considered one of the greats, imo. Maybe he wasn't a heavyweight. He looked a little smaller than Ali or George Forman.

he was a middleweight

Forum List

Back