Rafa remains the King of Klay; Rory laps the Field in Ontario

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
This is a great day in sports but I suspect that most Americans are barely aware of it...no ego-maniacal displays, no spiking the ball, no one claiming to be the "greatest of ALL TIME!"

Rafa Nadal crushed the Heir Apparent of men's tennis, Dominic Thiem (There IS an 'I' in Thiem, if you please) in four sets on French red clay. So maybe he's human on other surfaces, but he is without any doubt whatsoever, the greatest clay-court tennis player of all time. As a tennis fan, you must savor this moment.

Rory McIlroy, the occasional-best in the world of Golf, put the pedal to the metal about midway through Saturday's round, and figuratively speaking lapped the field on Sunday in the RBC-Canadian Open. Every facet of his game was the purest art the sport has to offer. He was a gnat's eyelash from a fifty-fucking-NINE today!

Again, if you are a golf fan, it was a moment to savor.

And both of these guys are true gentlemen, always gracious in victory and defeat, always working their figurative butts off to stay at the top of their game.

When he missed the fairway he still was able to reach the greens. He's really on his game.

But Pebble Beach is a far different track.

I don't like Nadal but on clay he is nearly unbeatable. However that much domination is not good for the sport in general.
The young upcoming players can't get any oxygen because Nadal, Djokovich and Federer are sucking it all up.

The women's game is better off because that infantile fat ass Serena Williams is past her prime. So sorry to see her
lose in the early rounds now (not).

Forum List

Back