Memories Of Ali

He definetely was the greatest ever. I find it laughable the idiots who think Tyson would win if him and Ali were born in the same generation.:rolleyes::rofl::lmao::haha:

Tyson never faced anywhere near the kind of great fighters that Ali faced and beat in his time.Ali would never have lost to a nobody like Buster Douglas.:haha::lmao: Plus Tyson had a glass jaw.He wasnt capable of lasting more than a few rounds as evidenced in that fight.

Absolutely. Could you imagine Tyson standing up to a young George Foreman?

Aother attribute that Tyson lacked was the ability to adjust to an opponents style and fight through adversity. He also dod not do well if he had to fight moving backward as evidenced in his fights with Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis.

Yeah it sounds to me like the OP must have had Foreman as a distant cousin of his or something like that so he is butthurt over his man Foreman losing back then so he has to resort to slandering of Ali here.:biggrin: yeah that is so very true,Tyson wouldnt have last more than a couple of rounds with a young george foreman

I had the privilege of meeting Ali once. As a teen I did some amatuer boxing in a program in San Diego sponsored by former light heavyweight champion, Archie Moore.

One day after we finished our drills and sparring, we were watching old fight films that Archie had.

All of the sudden the door flies open and in walks Muhammad Ali. He pointed at Archie and shouted "Old man, I whupped you once and I'm gonna whup you again!" He then took off his jacket and shirt and shadowboxed, did the "Ali Shuffle" and recited poetry for about 20 minutes. It was amazing how such a big man seemed to glide when he moved.

Afterward he talked to all of us about how important it was to stay in school and out of trouble. Archie happened to have copies of some old programs from Ali"s last fight with Cleveland Williams before his title was taken away, so he autographed the copies and we all got one. Mine is framed and is in my trophy case to this day.

This was during his exile and Archie actually had asked him to come to see us. I will never forget that experience.

He seemed to have kind of a magical aura around him.

this is all a real true story?

I would not disrespect the mans legacy and his memory by telling a false story. He was very accesible to the public and loved being around kids.

Forum List

Back