Smoking ban in private residences

last time i checked, murder was illegal and smoking wasn't

Pretty soon, smoking will be illegal as well. TPTB will be sitting around their big conference desks with shots of whiskey, dreams of the kegger party they plan to attend when they get home cuz all the TV ads doubledog guarantee youll get the cool chicks if you drink Budweiser, and decide that smoking is bad for everyone and pass that law. Then they will hop in their cars after attending the kegger party with the cool blonde chicks hanging on their arms and drive home while killing a few pedestrians but will get off because they dont know anyone in high places..they ARE the people in high places.

Last edited:
I wanna kill people in my home. Shoot at bystanders from my lounge window....

yes
smoking in your home is the same thing as shooting people who are in front of your house.
:rolleyes:

shrug
According to Skull, telling people they can't stain the walls is the same as killing all the Jews

Idiot.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Nazi

nazi - derogatory term for a person who is fanatically dedicated to, or seeks to control, some activity, practice, etc.

Nothing about killing Jews in the thesaurus.

http://thesaurus.com/browse/nazi

Last edited:
Yes. It's become part of our vernacular. Just like the term "sacrificial lamb" has nothing to do with Christ's crucifixion. I don't think Jews are offended by the term "smoking Nazis" just like Christians aren't offended by the term "crucified".

Now calling someone Hitler is a different egg IMHO.

Yes. It's become part of our vernacular. Just like the term "sacrificial lamb" has nothing to do with Christ's crucifixion.

Nor did it originally.

Jesus being called a sacrificial lamb was itself a reference to Jewish animal sacrifice. Same with scapegoat.

When everything is Nazism, Nazism ceases to be so bad. You trivialize the deaths of millions because you can't make a cogent argument.

Yes. It's become part of our vernacular. Just like the term "sacrificial lamb" has nothing to do with Christ's crucifixion.

Nor did it originally.

Jesus being called a sacrificial lamb was itself a reference to Jewish animal sacrifice. Same with scapegoat.

When everything is Nazism, Nazism ceases to be so bad. You trivialize the deaths of millions because you can't make a cogent argument.

so then why isn't Jew killing part of the definition of Nazi? And Jew killer is certainly not a synonym for Nazi at least according to my thesaurus.

A Placer County town is considering a ban on smoking that some say goes way too far.

The Rocklin City Council is considering making it against the law for smokers to smoke anywhere outside on their property.

The city council is considering the ban after one home owner complained about smoke coming from their neighbors’ backyards saying it caused health problems for their kids.

Rocklin Considering Banning Residents From Smoking Outside Their Own Homes « CBS Sacramento

Too far? Predictions?

A Placer County town is considering a ban on smoking that some say goes way too far.

The Rocklin City Council is considering making it against the law for smokers to smoke anywhere outside on their property.

The city council is considering the ban after one home owner complained about smoke coming from their neighbors’ backyards saying it caused health problems for their kids.

Rocklin Considering Banning Residents From Smoking Outside Their Own Homes « CBS Sacramento

Too far? Predictions?

This is what happens when you vote for people who do not respect individual liberty's. I don't smoke but I would start if this happened here in North Carolina

condo and coop boards are private entities. if the majority of shareholders vote to make a building non-smoking, that's their business.

pretty much. as long as you're part of the hoa, you abide by their guidelines (which everyone gets to vote on).

If they vote for it I see lawsuits coming down the pike. Whether they succeed or not is another question.

Too far? Predictions?

This is what happens when you vote for people who do not respect individual liberty's. I don't smoke but I would start if this happened here in North Carolina

it already does. it's called HOAs and all homeowners get to vote on what can and cannot be done in the neighborhood/properties/etc.

the best thing for people that don't want to abide by the covenants of their HOA, is to not be part of one (or win the vote). at one time i hated HOAs. now, i like them. it keeps the guy down the street from turning his property into a dump and killing all of our property values. and we all got a vote on what is/isn't allowed. no government was involved.

it already does. it's called HOAs and all homeowners get to vote on what can and cannot be done in the neighborhood/properties/etc.

the best thing for people that don't want to abide by the covenants of their HOA, is to not be part of one (or win the vote). at one time i hated HOAs. now, i like them. it keeps the guy down the street from turning his property into a dump and killing all of our property values. and we all got a vote on what is/isn't allowed. no government was involved.

HOAs cover the exterior of the house, yard and and common grounds, not the interior.

Forum List

Back