Slideshow of McCAIN early photos in a Jacksonville paper (his homebase while captive)

centerleftFL

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2018
  • I've never seen many of these before. As always, I've googled the hell out of candidates since 2000. A couple of Florida papers did major pieces on McCain's time in Florida when he got the nomination in 2008. When he was captured his wife and kids lived in my hometown just outside of Jacksonville. He was stationed at Cecil Field, now closed (my father was a Navy instructor on A4's there). My mother wore his POW bracelet till he came home. (Her house now is a street or 2 over from his old place).

I knew we had a POW (I think a couple). I had no idea about all the rest till he ran in 2008. I had moved away by the time of his release. Since his father and grandfather were both ADMIRALS, I don't know if things were kept discreet for all their protection or my own obliviousness of youth. He was neighbors of some of my classmates and one girl was his kids babysitter. I remember no discussion of any of it in those days. I read years later that REAGAN visited his wife and kids at that home. Ross Perot paid to send McCain's kids to a private school. Nancy Reagan befriended his ex-wife and got her a job in DC after McCain divorced her.

I guess they reran this piece a couple of days ago...

Photos: U.S. Sen. John McCain’s Navy career and Jacksonville ties

August 24, 2018 at 7:40 pm

U.S. Sen. John McCain’s roots run deep in Jacksonville. A year after moving his family to Orange Park in 1966, the Cecil Field pilot was on a raid in North Vietnam when his plane was shot down and McCain was captured and held as a prisoner of war until March 1973. Upon his release, he returned to Jacksonville and his family. McCain would return to the area years later during his presidential run in 2007-08.

http://www.jacksonville.com/photogal...824009981/PH/1

Wonder what would come up if we searched your posts when McCain ran against Barack "Born in Kenya" Obama?
That wasn't MC CAIN'S garbage. But did the Alaskan dingbat glom onto it? I can't remember.

PS He was my first choice in 2000.

• I've never seen many of these before. As always, I've googled the hell out of candidates since 2000. A couple of Florida papers did major pieces on McCain's time in Florida when he got the nomination in 2008. When he was captured his wife and kids lived in my hometown just outside of Jacksonville. He was stationed at Cecil Field, now closed (my father was a Navy instructor on A4's there). My mother wore his POW bracelet till he came home. (Her house now is a street or 2 over from his old place).

I knew we had a POW (I think a couple). I had no idea about all the rest till he ran in 2008. I had moved away by the time of his release. Since his father and grandfather were both ADMIRALS, I don't know if things were kept discreet for all their protection or my own obliviousness of youth. He was neighbors of some of my classmates and one girl was his kids babysitter. I remember no discussion of any of it in those days. I read years later that REAGAN visited his wife and kids at that home. Ross Perot paid to send McCain's kids to a private school. Nancy Reagan befriended his ex-wife and got her a job in DC after McCain divorced her.

U.S. Sen. John McCain’s roots run deep in Jacksonville. A year after moving his family to Orange Park in 1966, the Cecil Field pilot was on a raid in North Vietnam when his plane was shot down and McCain was captured and held as a prisoner of war until March 1973. Upon his release, he returned to Jacksonville and his family. McCain would return to the area years later during his presidential run in 2007-08.

McCain was not even born here, that alone would make him a illegitimate president, but then again he was never a serious candidate

You forgot? The US CONGRESS swiftly passed a law that it was okay for MC CAIN to run for president, in case there should've been ANY QUESTION at all, he couldn't be since he was born in Panama.

Last edited:

McCain was not even born here, that alone would make him a illegitimate president, but then again he was never a serious candidate
Sooooo, if you're born to American citizen parents in a foreign land you're not an American citizen? Okie dokie........ :rofl:

Sooooo, if you're born to American citizen parents in a foreign land you're not an American citizen? Okie dokie........ :rofl:
The average American citizen is not running for president

Neither was Trump

He was born in Jamaica

The average American citizen is not running for president
Any rationale eh? :rofl:

And apparently if you are black and you are BORN in HI to a black mom, you could be president either.

Wonder what would come up if we searched your posts when McCain ran against Barack "Born in Kenya" Obama?
That wasn't MC CAIN'S garbage. But did the Alaskan dingbat glom onto it? I can't remember.

PS He was my first choice in 2000.
Me too

Bush fucked him over
ROVE FUCKED HIM OVER AND BUSH ALLOWED IT! I read later that no one was allowed to mention ROVE in Cindy McCain's presence or she would go APESHIT!

McCain was not even born here, that alone would make him a illegitimate president,
Incorrect Poindexter .... :cuckoo:

If an American couple is in the military or works for the government in a foreign country, and has child born while stationed there. The child is automatically considered a U.S. citizen; and no different then someone born in any one of the 50 states. (57 if your an Obama sycophant) .... :cool:

Rustic said:
McCain was not even born here, that alone would make him a illegitimate president
Ringel05 said:
Sooooo, if you're born to American citizen parents in a foreign land you're not an American citizen?
John Was Born In An American Military Hospital
On American Territory (The Panama Canal Zone)
Of Two 'Natural Born' American Citizen Parents

The Issue Is The Definition Of 'Natural Born' Citizen
Not 'Born' An American Citizen

Is Ted Cruz 'Born' An American Citizen ??
YEP
Is Ted Cruz A 'Natural Born' American Citizen ??
NOPE
But That Conflicts With The Lefist Anchor-Baby Lie

And apparently if you are black and you are BORN in HI to a black mom, you could be president either.
Oh no!!! Say it isn't so!!!!!!

Oh wait........

Never mind.........

Rustic said:
McCain was not even born here, that alone would make him a illegitimate president
Ringel05 said:
Sooooo, if you're born to American citizen parents in a foreign land you're not an American citizen?
John Was Born In An American Military Hospital
On American Territory (The Panama Canal Zone)
Of Two 'Natural Born' American Citizen Parents

The Issue Is The Definition Of 'Natural Born' Citizen
Not 'Born' An American Citizen

Is Ted Cruz 'Born' An American Citizen ??
YEP
Is Ted Cruz A 'Natural Born' American Citizen ??
NOPE
But That Conflicts With The Lefist Anchor-Baby Lie
You say that like I give a shit about the conflicting interpretations concerning "natural born" or that I give a shit about your so called leftist anchor-baby lie........ :dunno:

Ringel05 said:
You say that like I give a shit about the conflicting interpretations concerning "natural born" or that I give a shit about your so called leftist anchor-baby lie........
You Gave A Shit Enough To Comment On The Subject:dunno:

McCain was not even born here, that alone would make him a illegitimate president,
Incorrect Poindexter .... :cuckoo:

If an American couple is in the military or works for the government in a foreign country, and has child born while stationed there. The child is automatically considered a U.S. citizen; and no different then someone born in any one of the 50 states. (57 if your an Obama sycophant) .... :cool:

If that is not the case, I know a whole bunch of folks from my youth that couldn't have run for president. One born in CUBA. Oh well, none had to test it.

Forum List

Back