Sleeping woman left on plane sues airline

This is a perfect example of the need for tort reform. Suing when no harm has happened other than a bit of inconvenience is inane.

I know when a school bus driver leaves a kid on a bus, they get fired. Will the pilot or the waitress in the sky be held accountable I wonder?

She should just get some free round trip tickets and call it a day imo.

Indeed. She wasn't really harmed - just inconvenienced.

I know when a school bus driver leaves a kid on a bus, they get fired. Will the pilot or the waitress in the sky be held accountable I wonder?

She'll probably settle for something. Although her lawyer looks familiar like a famous celeb attorney. Forget his name.

I think she out to be repaid the cost of the flight she was left on and givin an additional flight of equal value. That would just be good customer service.

Also, better training and/or United Airlines ought to take a closer look at who they partner up with.

I agree that something isn't right here. Someone needs to check to see if she has a history of lawsuits. She may have hidden in the restroom and then staged the entire incident. I can't imagine anyone sleeping through pre-landing announcements and flight attendant checks to see that seats be in full-upright position, then all the reverse thrust and bouncing at landing, and all the noise of people opening the overhead storage compartments...standing in the aisles talking while moving forward to deplane. IF she slept through that, she had to be on some kind of meds.

I agree that something isn't right here. Someone needs to check to see if she has a history of lawsuits. She may have hidden in the restroom and then staged the entire incident. I can't imagine anyone sleeping through pre-landing announcements and flight attendant checks to see that seats be in full-upright position, then all the reverse thrust and bouncing at landing, and all the noise of people opening the overhead storage compartments...standing in the aisles talking while moving forward to deplane. IF she slept through that, she had to be on some kind of meds.

Maybe it was one of those Fringe events? :eusa_whistle:

http://zakkforchilli.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/fringe-tv-image-1.jpg

yeah, the interviewer was a really nasty bimbo beaotch...

I agree with the interviewer...dunno what she is suing for...

She is suing because she CAN sue. Not because of damages done to her but because she CAN get money. Even if she comes out 10,000 ahead shes made a bundle.

From the video, it looks to be a CRJ 600 or 700. A small commuter plane. They carry 3 flight crew. A pilot, co pilot and one flight attendant. The flight attendant sits at the front of the plane, not the back. My guess is this woman was laying down across two seats, so a quick visual scan from over the tops of the seats, front to back happened. Not a walk through. Trust me you cant miss much on a walk through of a CRJ.

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. Doesn't anyone check these planes? :lol:

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. Doesn't anyone check these planes? :lol:

On larger planes, yes. The rear flight attendants are the last people off the plane.

She shoulda gotten in the pilots seat and been all like "No...MY plane" when the next captain showed up.

Or turned on all the dials and knobs so when the next pilot cranked it up the windshield wipers, lights, and radio would be going full blast. I hate it when my kids do that to me in my vehicle.

Should of told them to get their own plane. :lol:

zona sued himself after he hit himself in the head with a 50 pound sledgehammer a dozen times....

the judge determined there was no damage

Ah. I did not know that. She should have mentioned that in her disastrous interview. They should have apologized and offered her first class tickets to Hawaii or something. She's still an idiot in my opinion.

chanel, do you usually measure a person's intelligence whilst they sleep? If people are expected to sleep in camp sites and crappy motels, I see no reason to be startled one could sleep on a plane. I've slept on planes myself.

WTF is up with the flight crews on these flights? Is their training so deficient they are not taught to COUNT? Anti-terrorism 101 should include "do not allow passengers to occupy airplanes unsupervised".

Some people are just not putting in a day's labor for a day's pay anymore, IMO.

zoom298.jpg

No I don't measure anyones intelligence whilst they sleep. I comment on interviews and articles in the paper on a message board. My opinion of her is low. She could be a fucking rocket scientist for all we know, but that doesn't mean she can't be an idiot on TV. Jillian thinks the interviewer is an idiot too. See how that works?

Forum List

Back