Sleeping woman left on plane sues airline

I find it amazing that the airline personnel would actually leave an airplane with someone in it. To me, that would seem to be some sort of severe violation as she could have done anything that she wanted while in the plane, such as tampering with the smoke detectors in the lavatory.

They should have woken her up and if she did not wake up, they should have called medical personnel (EMS) to wake her up.

I find it amazing that the airline personnel would actually leave an airplane with someone in it. To me, that would seem to be some sort of severe violation as she could have done anything that she wanted while in the plane, such as tampering with the smoke detectors in the lavatory.

They should have woken her up and if she did not wake up, they should have called medical personnel (EMS) to wake her up.

She shoulda gotten in the pilots seat and been all like "No...MY plane" when the next captain showed up.

Or turned on all the dials and knobs so when the next pilot cranked it up the windshield wipers, lights, and radio would be going full blast. I hate it when my kids do that to me in my vehicle.

Of course they should have, but someone screwed up. I just don't see what the damages are. I guess making a fool out of yourself on national T.V. is worth $75K. She should have let her lawyer talk.

This case is a lawyer's wet dream. By the time she gets to trial (if the airline is insane and does not settle) if she were my client, her hair will have fallen out from the stress, she will have been unable to work, have sex or go to school and her teeth will be rotten -- in short, she's about to make her favorite lawyer very rich.

I can't help wondering why none of YOU can show this much initiative?

This is the second story like this in about a month. Earlier this month, a blind person was left on a United jet I believe for a very long while.

Ah. I did not know that. She should have mentioned that in her disastrous interview. They should have apologized and offered her first class tickets to Hawaii or something. She's still an idiot in my opinion.

Seems unusual since I was under the impression that the airlines performed a 'walk through' when all the passengers 'departed' the aircraft and prior to the cleaning crews arrival. Something isn't right with this story, unless the airlines aren't doing this any longer.

Last edited:
Seems unusual since I was under the impression that the airlines performed a 'walk through' when all the passengers 'departed' the aircraft and prior to the cleaning crews arrival. Something isn't right with this story, unless the airlines aren't doing this any longer.

That's what I thought too, but two stories like this in one month means something is outta whack. Especially in these underware bomber days......you'd think they'd search twice!

That's what I thought too, but two stories like this in one month means something is outta whack. Especially in these underware bomber days......you'd think they'd search twice!

Exactly! Another possible security breech or shall we say,hole? I think these incidents have shown us that the airlines and others still don't get it. There are so many holes in Homeland Security I cannot believe. Hopefully as these incidents arise, measures are taken to make corrections asap.
Homeland Security may be doing a 'great job' so far, but 'great' won't do, it must be near perfect.

Id like to know what kind of damages occured because she didn't wake up. Because if there were no damages, I don't see how she could possibly win the case.

It's their job to check the plane for passengers and anything that might have been left. I think it's strange they wouldn't do a walk thru.

Maybe the airline is working them too much and they rushed out of there to go get some sleep.

Just more of that sweet sweet union level costomer service. :lol:

Sucks that it was an airline I have a personal stake in (in both cases from this thread). Boo! Get it together United.

Forum List

Back