Sleeping woman left on plane sues airline

No "bottom feeding tort lawyer" gets a dime unless he wins. These are the Gladiators who sue the pharmacutical company when their drugs damage or kill someone you love. They sue the employers whose unsafe workplaces caused you harm, and the reckless drivers who kill or main your family members. The force the Medicaid-paid nursing home to give your little old lady decent care.

There are friviolous cases -- but no client ever believes that it's his. These lawyers turn away 10 or 100 cases for every one they take, and they settle 1,001 for every one that goes to trial. Unless you are wealthy enough to pay a lawyer in advance for his time, these are the ONLY lawyers most of you will ever get to hire -- because they are willing to wait and take a chance on never getting paid.

Stop bitching about lawyers unless Justice offends you.

She has a lawyer and it will be settled out of court. She will get her sweaty wad of money, so will her lawyer. If she make a dime she comes out ahead.

Oh Dang! I though I was on the Mad Maddy Moron Iggy list.

It must have POPped due to overcrowding. Please, put me back on it and 86 someone else.

She has a lawyer and it will be settled out of court. She will get her sweaty wad of money, so will her lawyer. If she make a dime she comes out ahead.

That is the correct motorcycle. The airline will weight the costs of litigation (which it will incur even if it wins), and make an offer below that level.

The lawyer will take a big cut for engaging in what is essentially legal blackmail.

No "bottom feeding tort lawyer" gets a dime unless he wins. These are the Gladiators who sue the pharmacutical company when their drugs damage or kill someone you love. They sue the employers whose unsafe workplaces caused you harm, and the reckless drivers who kill or main your family members. The force the Medicaid-paid nursing home to give your little old lady decent care.

There are friviolous cases -- but no client ever believes that it's his. These lawyers turn away 10 or 100 cases for every one they take, and they settle 1,001 for every one that goes to trial. Unless you are wealthy enough to pay a lawyer in advance for his time, these are the ONLY lawyers most of you will ever get to hire -- because they are willing to wait and take a chance on never getting paid.

Stop bitching about lawyers unless Justice offends you.

Because corporations are completely free from any responsibility for their actions whatsoever. Sorry but locking a passenger on an empty airplane is quite simply unacceptable behavior and the airline should be punished financially.

Last edited:
Passenger suing airline for not waking her up after flight landed

Plane landed at midnight. She woke up at 4 a.m. in a dark locked plane. One might feel compassion for her, but check out this video. What a bimbo biotch.

Hot Air Passenger suing airline for not waking her up after flight landed

Do you really want to fly an airline that can't figure out whether its still got passengers on it when they lock up?

Where is the passengers responsibility to get off the plane when the ride is over? It is sort of like missing your bus stop. It isn't really the driver's fault.

Sometimes shit happens

Doesn't mean you get paid for it

There's an extremely high standard of care owed by any common carrier to a passenger, rightwinger -- and no common carrier is held to ahigher standard than an airline. If a ship sinks, a passenger may drown -- but he might swim to safety too. Airplanes that are improperly operated are pretty much death traps for passengers.

Suppose this lady had needed medicine, or had a heart attack, and was killed because she had no way to alert anyone that she needed help?

I dun get why so many here seem to think that if you have been falsely imprisoned by an airline for a few hours, you are not entitled to compensation. Can you please explain to me why you are so anxious to insulate the airline from liability for this dreadful mistake?

xsited1, WTF does her sexual orientation or ethnicity have to do with anything? The only characteristic she could have that seems possibly relevant to me is her age. If she had been sleeping unaccompanied minor child rather than an adult, the terror she felt most likely would have been much worse -- and that should affect the damage award.

There seems to be a barely concealed anger towards this lady by many who have posted on this thread. As if she were a burglar, stealing from the airline who (apparently) some of you just ♥ love. ♥

Why the fuck is anyone angry with the passenger? Why aren't more of you angry with the airline -- it was their crappy deplaning practices that allowed this to happen.

Last edited:
Sometimes shit happens

Doesn't mean you get paid for it

There's an extremely high standard of care owed by any common carrier to a passenger, rightwinger -- and no common carrier is held to ahigher standard than an airline. If a ship sinks, a passenger may drown -- but he might swim to safety too. Airplanes that are improperly operated are pretty much death traps for passengers.

Suppose this lady had needed medicine, or had a heart attack, and was killed because she had no way to alert anyone that she needed help?

I dun get why so many here seem to think that if you have been falsely imprisoned by an airline for a few hours, you are not entitled to compensation. Can you please explain to me why you are so anxious to insulate the airline from liability for this dreadful mistake?

You just can't possibly be that naive. Is being an idiot like being heavily dosed on valium all of the time?

I changed my mind. She doesn't deserve a dime. She was "detained" for 10 MINUTES!

McGuire, who works for a Michigan radio station, told the Detroit News that she walked up and down the aisle for 15 minutes. Though she had used her phone to check the time, she said didn't think of calling for help.

Minutes later, the plane's door opened. She was greeted by a TSA officer and two Philadelphia police who demanded she produce ID and questioned her for about 10 minutes.

Woman left sleeping on plane sues airline | Philadelphia Inquirer | 05/27/2010

At least this story brought some attention to this security flaw. Someone should lose their job; but no one should get rich.

Apart from useless name calling, sitarro, do you have a thought to add?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/conspiracy-theories/119451-why-do-we-worship-big-business.html

Did you miss my other posts? This woman is full of crap, aircraft aren't locked on the ramp, there are mechanics and cleaning crews around them constantly that need access, how many sets of keys would they need....... they would be lost or stolen........ she's lying for 15 minutes of fame and to ripoff the big bad corporation for an easy payday.

WTF? Missing a bus stop?

When is the last time you pulled a cord to ring a bell on an airplane to announce to the pilot you needed to get out now, saveliberty?

Try to get a grip on reality here. The woman was never in any danger. She was supposedly sleeping. When she woke up, she was on the plane about ten minutes. She had a cell phone which she failed to use for assistance. At no point did she take any responsibility for herself or situation.

The authorities rightfully questioned her presence on the plane for ten minutes. My guess is she got angry over that and decided to take advantage of YOU. That is right YOU. The next time you fly after this legal payout, the airline will add a little to recoup their loss.

Passenger suing airline for not waking her up after flight landed

Plane landed at midnight. She woke up at 4 a.m. in a dark locked plane. One might feel compassion for her, but check out this video. What a bimbo biotch.

Hot Air Passenger suing airline for not waking her up after flight landed

Do you really want to fly an airline that can't figure out whether its still got passengers on it when they lock up?

Where is the passengers responsibility to get off the plane when the ride is over?
What do you mean "where" is it? Its with the passenger.
It is sort of like missing your bus stop. It isn't really the driver's fault.
That analogy would be better suited to describing the act of missing your flight. The situation here is more like being left alone in a locked bus after the bus is put up for the day.

You're really bad with analogies!

yeah, the interviewer was a really nasty bimbo beaotch...

I don' think so. She seemed to be trying hard to get an idiot to say she wanted MONEY. The idiot should have thanked the airline for the extra 4 hours of sleep if she really had been up for the previous 24 hours as she said. Nobody takes responsibility for their own actions anymore. It is always somebody's else's fault and there is always a dumb ass lawyer eager to get his hands on any MONEY he can by initiating a lawsuit even if it is frivolous.

Last edited:
yeah, the interviewer was a really nasty bimbo beaotch...

I don' think so. She seemed to be trying hard to get an idiot to say she wanted MONEY. The idiot should have thanked the airline for the extra 4 hours of sleep if she really had been up for the previous 24 hours as she said. Nobody takes responsibility for their own actions anymore. It is always somebody's else's fault and there is always a dumb ass lawyer eager to get his hands on any MONEY he can by initiating a lawsuit even if it is frivolous.
Sorry, but if you can't see how locking a passenger on an empty airplane after putting the plane up for the night isn't a breach of responsibility on the part of the airline, you are quite simply, stupid.

Forum List

Back