Sleeping woman left on plane sues airline

Ah. Interesting theory. But where could she hide? I'm sure they check the bathrooms.

she couldn't hide. no one is claiming she hide.

perhaps looking at the agreed upon facts is a better way to view a story...

instead of making stuff up.

:cuckoo:

so no... it's not an interesting 'theory'... a theory has to be based on reality,

Speculating about the untold part of a story is not "making shit up" I find nra's post interesting.

They kept her the plane after she woke up to make sure she wasn't a nutcase. Was she hurt by this? No. Inconvenienced? Yup. Too bad. Next time set yer ipod alarm.

Ah. Interesting theory. But where could she hide? I'm sure they check the bathrooms.

The bathrooms ,in this case bathroom, are all checked and emptied out before landing. 20 minutes out or about 12feet seat belts are required to be on. Bathrooms are checked and each passenger is checked.

The bathrooms ,in this case bathroom, are all checked and emptied out before landing. 20 minutes out or about 12feet seat belts are required to be on. Bathrooms are checked and each passenger is checked.

Yes but, If she wanted to do this, when everyone got up she could have slipped back into the head and been ready to pretend she was asleep in there if anyone checked. I wouldn't doubt it at all.

Besides wanting to fly for the cost of taking Greyhound, passengers want to transport the world in their luggage. It is amazing how many bags you see missing handles. I asked a person from baggage services if people came in after a flight demanding new luggage because handles were missing and she told me that it's epidemic. They weigh the bag and tell them that they aren't designed to carry all that shit. I used to work in the bag room where the bags come from the ticket counter. We were loading the large cans for a wide body 767 that was going to Rio. Every bag was at least 50 pounds and many were in the 80-100 pounds. I asked "what the fuck do they have in these things, can goods?" less than a minute later a bag fell off of the conveyor wrong and ripped open, a can of vegetables landed at my feet.

The public has become more and more dishonest and stupid. For 12 years I flew a minimum of 3 round trip flights per month. I never packed anything of real value in my bags to be checked in, I am smart enough to know that there is no magic way of loading bags in the underbelly of a plane gently, they get thrown and beat up, that's just reality. I always carried on my camera equipment and film. In 12 years and over 36 round trips around the country, to the UK 3 times and assorted other island trips, I never had a bag lost or damaged....... I was also awake for every landing, probably a good idea since that is the time you are most likely to have a mishap that you will need to react quickly to or lose your life.

This woman should take some responsibility for her own life, but I bet she and her "lawyer" are scamming United.

No harm....no foul

Let it go lady and accept your own responsibility

Well my view may be a bit different, but...

If this chick is hoping for "Jackpot Justice" she's going to be waiting a long time. She doesn't have a lottery lawsuit waiting for her. At most they will probably be able to ding the airline for is gross negligence I suspect. Her life was not in direct danger, per say, and it was probably an accident. So they can't prove malice or intent to do harm I suspect.

On the flip side of the coin, that cabin crew needs to be disciplined if not fired outright for this monumental fuckup. You have a passenger alone in the aircraft angry for hours. You are talking severe damage possible to the aircraft, or worse for all we know.

With my company, you post-trip your bus every day before you even leave your route. You check for children sleeping even UNDER seats. The standing rule is, you come back to the base with a child on board, you're fired, and they will throw you under the bus on any lawsuit that results in the event. If they get sued, they will do what they can to redirect it on you and then sue you for court costs THEY incurred. Plus there are potential criminal charges of child endangerment.

So, yeah, the airline screwed the pooch, but I doubt she'll get much. If it weren't for the fact that I doubt she will learn some personal responsibility from this, I'd have more sympathy for her. I know I wouldn't be happy either.

It just fascinates me that no one here seems thinks their time or inconvenience has any value. I think mine does; if I had missed a business appointment or court date on account of these facts, I'd light up the airline like a Christmas tree.

As for sitarro's snarky reply: How sophisticated of you not to expect the airline will handle your luggage without damaging it or that it will arrive at your destination when you do. It may have escaped your notice, but some passengers have more than one bag they consider essential. There is nothing the airlines do today that they did not do better before deregulation. The abuse heaped on passengers is driven only by Greed and when it crosses the line from rude to dangerous, the airline should be slapped and slapped hard.

I wouldn't worry about future jury service. Any first year law student could detect your ass-kissing attitude and would punt you in a New York minute. The lady in this story deserves an impartial jury, and clearly, you could contaminate a busload of clositered nuns.

It just fascinates me that no one here seems thinks their time or inconvenience has any value. I think mine does; if I had missed a business appointment or court date on account of these facts, I'd light up the airline like a Christmas tree.

As for sitarro's snarky reply: How sophisticated of you not to expect the airline will handle your luggage without damaging it or that it will arrive at your destination when you do. It may have escaped your notice, but some passengers have more than one bag they consider essential. There is nothing the airlines do today that they did not do better before deregulation. The abuse heaped on passengers is driven only by Greed and when it crosses the line from rude to dangerous, the airline should be slapped and slapped hard.

I wouldn't worry about future jury service. Any first year law student could detect your ass-kissing attitude and would punt you in a New York minute. The lady in this story deserves an impartial jury, and clearly, you could contaminate a busload of clositered nuns.

First question maddie is how often do you fly?

The woman was sleeping, her fault if she missed anything. She also didn't seem to concerned until she was woken up 4 hours later. What she was pissed of about was that she was detained. That is not abuse.

As to bags. It is called conforming bags. If you want more then you pay for them. Simple. Personally I think that carry one bags need to be managed better. briefcase or purse, you can take it. A suitcase and I don't care how small it is you pay up $100.

Last edited:
Okay people, your idiot lady is going to make some good money here and for what? My guess is she deliberately avoided the flight personnel and then fell asleep for the express purpose of creating this little litigation ploy. I smell counter suit from the airline.

Last edited:

Snarky reply? My reply comes from a great deal of experience both as a customer and an employee of a major airline. It is you who are naive enough to think that you can overload bags and expect your cheap ass luggage to arrive in perfect shape. I have 4 brothers who have been with an airline for a combined total of 96 years, I have 3 years with them, I have seen plenty to form what I have to say.
I have downloaded an aircraft with 12 thousand pounds of bags, 300 pounds of real bags of clothing and 11,700 pounds of personal luggage that contained cheese from Guatemala. These "customers" fly to Guatemala to buy cheese on the street for a dollar a pound, they overload bags with a hundred pounds of this smelly shit and can check 3 bags apiece when they purchase a priority ticket and pay a few extra bucks for overweight bags. When they get it here they can sell it for up to 12 dollars a pound to restaurants for their enchiladas...... a loop hole in regulations that rewards passengers for smuggling cheese in their "personal" luggage. Jewelry, fake IDs and credit cards along with money has been found in this "cheese" also. The TSA and Customs know all about this stuff, nothing is done about it.
When I work in an area where I still need to handle bags, it is amazing what the public wants to carry. I picked up a bag the other day that had a tag admitting to being 80 pounds, it was heavier than that. How do you expect a worker to handle bags that size while on their knees in the luggage bins of an aircraft? I can tell you that most people in those bins that are very hot with no air movement inside them, in 100 degree heat outside and under pressure to get 200-300 bags loaded in less than 30 minutes will eventually take out their aggression on those bags. I have seen bags thrown thirty feet and land with a crunch, the smell of Whiskey filling the bin.
The point is, the public flies across the country in safety and comfort in a few short hours for less money than it would take to drive their own car for days to get to the same place and they still do nothing but bitch about everything involved in getting them there. The airline industry is a very complex and competitive business, Continental Airlines has over 750 flights a day leaving Houston carrying over 100,000 passengers.......... they are the third largest airline, do the math for how many people move around the world in aircraft on any given day, a few bags might not make flights and some passengers will be bumped but over all, it's pretty damn amazing what the airlines do 365 days a year. The ignorant public being who they are make it a lot harder to do this and yet it gets done every day.

One dumbass sleeping in a single plane is hardly a big deal, she is just trying to get a big payday out of a perceived greedy corporation and you are buying into it. As for jury duty, trial attorneys aren't that hard to get over on when jury selection comes up, I have had no problem getting disqualified for all the jury duty that I didn't want to participate in, all it takes is having an opinion, one of those attorneys will dump you. It would be just as easy to fool them into letting me on the jury.

And people wonder why the BP CEO says we're a litigious society. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shut the fuck up.
damn. you're back from being banned.

And here I was all happy the mods used 'tard-b-gon'.

Can't you just go back on ban for like.... ever? It was hard enough to air the place out as is.

Worst part is, he's no wiser from the experience. Just a suggestion, but shouldn't Tuba consider getting a job cleaning up the oil he has so much time to whine about?

Okay people, your idiot lady is going to make some good money here and for what? My guess is she deliberately avoided the flight personnel and then fell asleep for the express purpose of creating this little litigation ploy. I smell counter suit from the airline.

I doubt it was a plot one way or the other. The simplest explanation is that she fell asleep and the cleaning crew didn't want to deal with her.

The bigger issue to me is this tendency in our society that Somebody Else Should Pay Whenever Something Goes Wrong - and the bottom feeding tort lawyers that enable this damaging condition.

I doubt it was a plot one way or the other. The simplest explanation is that she fell asleep and the cleaning crew didn't want to deal with her.

The bigger issue to me is this tendency in our society that Somebody Else Should Pay Whenever Something Goes Wrong - and the bottom feeding tort lawyers that enable this damaging condition.

A good point. I also know several stressed flyers who take sleeping medications or alcohol to take the edge off. Don't know about you guys, but I can't sleep on a plane at all. Seems pretty tough to sleep through everyone getting off the plane.

Passenger suing airline for not waking her up after flight landed

Plane landed at midnight. She woke up at 4 a.m. in a dark locked plane. One might feel compassion for her, but check out this video. What a bimbo biotch.

Hot Air Passenger suing airline for not waking her up after flight landed

Do you really want to fly an airline that can't figure out whether its still got passengers on it when they lock up?

Ya know, I have ALWAYS wanted to open the emergency hatch and pop the slide out. No problem for me being locked on a plain, I know where the exits are!

No "bottom feeding tort lawyer" gets a dime unless he wins. These are the Gladiators who sue the pharmacutical company when their drugs damage or kill someone you love. They sue the employers whose unsafe workplaces caused you harm, and the reckless drivers who kill or main your family members. The force the Medicaid-paid nursing home to give your little old lady decent care.

There are friviolous cases -- but no client ever believes that it's his. These lawyers turn away 10 or 100 cases for every one they take, and they settle 1,001 for every one that goes to trial. Unless you are wealthy enough to pay a lawyer in advance for his time, these are the ONLY lawyers most of you will ever get to hire -- because they are willing to wait and take a chance on never getting paid.

Stop bitching about lawyers unless Justice offends you.

Forum List

Back