Size Matters (but not the way you think) Pickup Trucks

`
I can legally and safely store 55 gal drums of diesel fuel on my property. I live in the sticks. Nearest gas station is 15 minutes away.....rural roads and highways. IIt's a lot more banged up than your picture. It has a crew cab. I use it transport my kids during the winter. Despite its looks, it's a good faithful workhorse. I don't know the size of the engine. (except that its big)

Fifteen minutes?
That ain't the sticks!! :biggrin:

Actually, HereWeGoAgain, it depends on what state you live in. I'm originally from Montana, and driving half an hour to 45 min in some cases is how I got groceries, and I had a 45 min. bus ride to school each way. But, even so, I didn't consider myself out in the sticks. That was for the people who were 50 to 60 miles away.

But, when I was stationed in Newport RI, the state is so small that if you are 15 min away from anything you are considered out in the boonies.

I remember I had just gotten to Newport and was talking with some friends of mine about going up to the Lincoln mall to check it out. They asked me if I had the next day off, because it was all the way at the northern end of the state, and it would be an overnight trip.

Only thing is, the mall was only about 45 miles away from where I was stationed. That to me is just a trip around the block. They thought I was crazy for making a trip like that in just one evening, and I thought they were crazy for thinking it was a long trip.

Matter of fact, I used to bike from Newport to Providence and back, every Sat. and Sunday just to get a decent ride in.

`
I can legally and safely store 55 gal drums of diesel fuel on my property. I live in the sticks. Nearest gas station is 15 minutes away.....rural roads and highways. IIt's a lot more banged up than your picture. It has a crew cab. I use it transport my kids during the winter. Despite its looks, it's a good faithful workhorse. I don't know the size of the engine. (except that its big)

Fifteen minutes?

Actually, HereWeGoAgain, it depends on what state you live in. I'm originally from Montana, and driving half an hour to 45 min in some cases is how I got groceries, and I had a 45 min. bus ride to school each way. But, even so, I didn't consider myself out in the sticks. That was for the people who were 50 to 60 miles away.

But, when I was stationed in Newport RI, the state is so small that if you are 15 min away from anything you are considered out in the boonies.

I remember I had just gotten to Newport and was talking with some friends of mine about going up to the Lincoln mall to check it out. They asked me if I had the next day off, because it was all the way at the northern end of the state, and it would be an overnight trip.

Only thing is, the mall was only about 45 miles away from where I was stationed. That to me is just a trip around the block. They thought I was crazy for making a trip like that in just one evening, and I thought they were crazy for thinking it was a long trip.

Matter of fact, I used to bike from Newport to Providence and back, every Sat. and Sunday just to get a decent ride in.

Oh I understand how it works and what living in the sticks is about.
West Texas can be a lonely place....just how I like it.

`

Fifteen minutes?

One of the reasons I like living in Amarillo is that I can be out in the mountains in a couple of hours, or at the beach if I feel like driving for a whole day.

And, even though Amarillo is a fairly decent sized town, it still has a small town feel to it. One of the reasons I settled down here after I retired out of the Navy.

`

Fifteen minutes?

One of the reasons I like living in Amarillo is that I can be out in the mountains in a couple of hours, or at the beach if I feel like driving for a whole day.

And, even though Amarillo is a fairly decent sized town, it still has a small town feel to it. One of the reasons I settled down here after I retired out of the Navy.

I lived Southwest of Junction on the South Llano river in a county that consisted of 4300 residents.
The silence was golden and the wildlife was incredible!!!

Forum List

Back