singles

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Ive been working my butt off all night so im taking a short break and I am bored so I figured Id ask who on this board is single. I know I am. Very hard to find a good girl around here with similar values not to mention i spend all my nights working my butt off rather than doing anything to meet them.

What about everyone else? You single? Dating someone? Married? Finding good balance in life regardless?

I'm single. Like I said in another post, there is a gorgeous Jewish girl in my ethics class who I want to talk to, but I don't know what the rules are with gentiles and jews. She might only date kosher you know? That would be a terrible let down.

You're working. I'm up at three in the morning writing a term paper on the ethics involved in the Judith Miller case on anonymous sources in the media because I procrastinated all day long posting on this forum. On any other night I'd be coming home from a night of bar-hopping downtown with a date in tow, but that's life. Going through college is such a tough life. (can you detect the sarcasm?) But somebody's got to do it.

Don't use the online dating sites, that's for sure;

http://www.bastardly.com/archives/2005/02/23/eharmony-service-bitch-slapped-round-member-review/

A user on Craiglist gave this funny review on the popular dating service.

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2005-02-22, 11:01PM PST

They match you with women older than you because all the women who use eHarmony ARE older than you. EH is where chicks go when they realize they’ve been playing games and chasing badboys their whole lives, and have nothing to show for it but a cat collection and an occasional herpes outbreak. Now they’re 35+, realize their shelf life is almost over and suddenly become fixated on landing a nice, secure, rich guy to pay their way. eHarmony markets exclusively to this segment and they rake in the cash.

The other evil thing about eHarmony is they have an algorithm where they suddenly start sending you lots of matches the few days before your membership is due to expire, hoping you’ll get drawn in and renew so you can keep in contact with them. Really, do you need to pay $30 a month to meet aging golddiggers?
So, if you have a steady job, fat savings & a nice car, but can’t get women to even look in your direction, sign up for eHarmony’s service. Just remember to double-bag the package before any sexual activity.

Hagbard Celine said:
I'm single. Like I said in another post, there is a gorgeous Jewish girl in my ethics class who I want to talk to, but I don't know what the rules are with gentiles and jews. She might only date kosher you know? That would be a terrible let down.

You're working. I'm up at three in the morning writing a term paper on the ethics involved in the Judith Miller case on anonymous sources in the media because I procrastinated all day long posting on this forum. On any other night I'd be coming home from a night of bar-hopping downtown with a date in tow, but that's life. Going through college is such a tough life. (can you detect the sarcasm?) But somebody's got to do it.
She only dates Kosher? I don't get it.... you mean... you're like a ham sandwich or something? :)

No, seriously .... I'm single and 47 and 3/4.... if it's tough dating in college, try adding 25 years to that, where all of the good ones are taken and the rest are either divorced or have serious baggage....

I think I may wind up renouncing the dating scene and get a cat instead (less to pick up after)...

Hagbard Celine said:

You will never know until you ask. Worrying about it and not asking means that you will never get that date, if you ask at least you have a possibility.

I'm single, and the dating scene is getting frustrating for me. It kinda started my sophomore year in high school when this smokin' hot freshman chick starting chasing me hard and heavy. I didn't mind being chased, especially not by smokin' hot chicks. However, she was coming on a bit too strong, and after I told her that, she tried to spread a rumor that we'd had sex. Of course, she didn't know me well enough to know that nobody would believe it, but I was still irritated. Throughout the rest of high school, I kept getting such mixed signals from girls that I could never figure out if she was attracted to me until it was too late. In college, all the girls that seem to like me or that my friends try to set me up with don't share my religious convictions, which is an immediate nono. The ones that I like are all too absorbed in their studies to think about anything else, or they've been taken. I can't win.

NATO AIR said:
Don't use the online dating sites, that's for sure;

My cousin met his wife on eHarmony. She is a great girl - smart, funny, and attractive. Yeah, it caters to slightly older people (if 30's are considered old), but it's for people looking for a relationship, not just a hookup. Most college-age people don't fall into the category of 'looking for a serious relationship.'

Single. Not all that happy about it, and yet not doing a damn thing about it.

Not dating, not really even looking because I'm not really sure what to look for, and have no idea where to look.

Don't know what to do.

Ive been working my butt off all night so im taking a short break and I am bored so I figured Id ask who on this board is single. I know I am. Very hard to find a good girl around here with similar values not to mention i spend all my nights working my butt off rather than doing anything to meet them.

What about everyone else? You single? Dating someone? Married? Finding good balance in life regardless?

its unfortunate you are in philly...my friend Amy is of the religeous type, and single, last i heard. she is a kindergarten teacher at a christian school in wisconsin.

fuzzykitten99 said:
its unfortunate you are in philly...my friend Amy is of the religeous type, and single, last i heard. she is a kindergarten teacher at a christian school in wisconsin.

btw: confirmed bachelor ......swore i would never marry or have children....i was 35 and one day my wife walked in.......45 now .... two kids great life....end up marrying my best friend.....be patient....she will show up

fuzzykitten99 said:

she cute?

manu1959 said:

btw: confirmed bachelor ......swore i would never marry or have children....i was 35 and one day my wife walked in.......45 now .... two kids great life....end up marrying my best friend.....be patient....she will show up

I cant move. too much going on here with law school.

Forum List

Back