singles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Avatar4321, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,203
    Ive been working my butt off all night so im taking a short break and I am bored so I figured Id ask who on this board is single. I know I am. Very hard to find a good girl around here with similar values not to mention i spend all my nights working my butt off rather than doing anything to meet them.

What about everyone else? You single? Dating someone? Married? Finding good balance in life regardless?

2. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I'm single. Like I said in another post, there is a gorgeous Jewish girl in my ethics class who I want to talk to, but I don't know what the rules are with gentiles and jews. She might only date kosher you know? That would be a terrible let down.

You're working. I'm up at three in the morning writing a term paper on the ethics involved in the Judith Miller case on anonymous sources in the media because I procrastinated all day long posting on this forum. On any other night I'd be coming home from a night of bar-hopping downtown with a date in tow, but that's life. Going through college is such a tough life. (can you detect the sarcasm?) But somebody's got to do it.

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Don't use the online dating sites, that's for sure;

4. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    She only dates Kosher? I don't get it.... you mean... you're like a ham sandwich or something? :)

No, seriously .... I'm single and 47 and 3/4.... if it's tough dating in college, try adding 25 years to that, where all of the good ones are taken and the rest are either divorced or have serious baggage....

I think I may wind up renouncing the dating scene and get a cat instead (less to pick up after)...

5. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    You will never know until you ask. Worrying about it and not asking means that you will never get that date, if you ask at least you have a possibility.

6. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I'm single, and the dating scene is getting frustrating for me. It kinda started my sophomore year in high school when this smokin' hot freshman chick starting chasing me hard and heavy. I didn't mind being chased, especially not by smokin' hot chicks. However, she was coming on a bit too strong, and after I told her that, she tried to spread a rumor that we'd had sex. Of course, she didn't know me well enough to know that nobody would believe it, but I was still irritated. Throughout the rest of high school, I kept getting such mixed signals from girls that I could never figure out if she was attracted to me until it was too late. In college, all the girls that seem to like me or that my friends try to set me up with don't share my religious convictions, which is an immediate nono. The ones that I like are all too absorbed in their studies to think about anything else, or they've been taken. I can't win.

7. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hang out at the BSU. There's tons of religious chicks at the BSU.

8. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Boise State? That's most of the way across the country from me.

9. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540

My cousin met his wife on eHarmony. She is a great girl - smart, funny, and attractive. Yeah, it caters to slightly older people (if 30's are considered old), but it's for people looking for a relationship, not just a hookup. Most college-age people don't fall into the category of 'looking for a serious relationship.'

10. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Single. Not all that happy about it, and yet not doing a damn thing about it.

Not dating, not really even looking because I'm not really sure what to look for, and have no idea where to look.

Don't know what to do.