Singer Demi Lovato Suffers A Heroin Overdose.

Like most entertainers, she's been raised on a belief that they have no control over their emotions, and drugs can fix anything.

She's probably been medicated since the age of 10 or so.

Then people wonder why kids are bipolar.

Bipolar is a medical condition that she was BORN with. You don't "develop" bipolar disorder from how you live.

Bipolar can be something some people are born with..it has to do with brain structure and function...but there is absolutely no solid foundation that asserts that every person diagnosed as *bi polar* was *born with it*.

And there's no real test, aside from "do you hear/see things that aren't there"....and many so called *bi polar* people have never experienced that.

Remember, psychiatry is not a science. Not even close.

"
No one knows exactly what causes bipolar disorder. Researchers suggest that a combination of different factors, including physical, environmental and social, increase your chance of developing the condition.

On this page you can find information on:

Childhood trauma
Some experts believe that experiencing a lot of emotional distress as a child can cause you to develop bipolar disorder. This can include experiences like:

• sexual or physical abuse
  • neglect
  • traumatic events
  • losing someone very close to you, such as a parent or carer
This could be because experiencing trauma and distress as a child can have a big effect on your ability to regulate your emotions."

Causes | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems

The only way that bipolar can develop after birth is from severe physical trauma, think depressed skull fracture. Some cases are more profound than others, just like on the autism spectrum. But other than trauma, bipolar is a genetic flaw. What complicates matters is when they are in their manic phase they get tons done and they exist in a state of euphoria. Nothing is too challenging. The depressive cycle though is where the problems come from.

The drugs used to treat the disorder have one terrible side effect, the euphoria is eliminated and replaced with a sense of living in a bubble of gauze. Everything is muted, so, most bipolar sufferers will stop taking the drugs because that sense of being smothered is too much for them.

That's a theory.

Schizophrenia of the real kind, where they start hearing voices or seeing things out of the blue when they hit adolescence, that's genetic.

But bi-polar is a catchall phrase given to us by the shills of the 70s and 80s and they used it to promote the theory that all character flaws or emotional issues = mental illness and all mental illness can be cured with drugs.

No, it's not a theory. My wifes best friend from grad school runs the Mental Health Dept. for one of the countries biggest counties and she deals with it all of the time. One of my cousins is afflicted as well so I have been able to view it up close and personal for over 50 years.

So have I. I have also worked in the human services field for decades..I see and help people with bipolar every day.

There is no one biological source of bipolar..and the very term itself is used as a blanket for a while variety of issues which simply present with a set of symptoms. Like *epilepsy* doesn't speak to the source, but to the symptom....likewise "bi polar" doesn't imply a source. It just means "these are the symptoms we have".

Forum List

Back