Since when does the Catholic Church have the right to force their religious values...

Apparently, the Catholic church thinks it can deny their non Catholic employees THEIR religious values.

What's next? Lie detector tests to see if their employees are using birth control?

So don't work for them. What's the problem?

For fuck's sake, I am like a broke record player.

Stop serving the public. According the CRA, which was passed by a majority of Republicans, you cannot discriminate employment who serve the public based on religious views.

Last edited:
Simple...

My House - My Rules...

Don't like my rules? GTFO....

What bullshit!!! It's simply a violation of the First Amendment for the RCC to force their morals on their workers. The Constitution is supposed to protect us from that sort of thing. That particular attitude, when it comes to commerce, has been on the way out for a 100 years. It's in the same arena as safety, you don't get to play with peoples' lives just because they work for you. That may be the libertarian dream, but it's also why you've never seen anyone turn a government over to them.

THAT's bullshit.....
If the constitution is to protect the people, it also should be protecting the people that run the business! It's THEIR business, they make the rules, if you take the job then you're agreeing with their rules!
The business i work for used to let employee's smoke in the shop. Later, they changed it to smoking only in the break room. Then they changed it to smoking in a special "smoke" room. Then it was changed to only outside...and 2 yrs ago they made it ALL non smoking. It's THEIR BUSINESS and THEIR RULES. The factory has a union, but the union can't even change what the business decides on something like this. The company makes the insurance rules too.....Whoever doesn't like it then they should go find another job.

The way i see it, the catholic church is not forcing anyone to do anything.

1)No one if forcing anyone to work for them.

2)They are not offering something that they do not believe in..... not offering somethings not forcing anything onto anyone.

Again, the problem is the mandate. If the mandate goes, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

However, the Catholic Church wants preferential treatment. For instance, if the Catholic Church decided to open up a auto-repair shop (with government funding) and then claim that Obamacare violates their rights and therefore should be exempt, should they? The simple answer is no.

The Church is exempt, not their secular organizations.

If the auto shop is run by the church.... :eusa_whistle:.... don't work for the church if you dont like what they are offering or not offering in terms of benefits.

Don't serve the public using public funds all while violating the Civil Rights Acts.

The arrogance is overwhelming.

For fuck's sake, I am like a broke record player

Maybe because you aren't addressing the issue.

Stop serving the public. According the CRA, which was passed by a majority of Republicans, you cannot discriminate the employment based on religious views.

There is no discrimination taking place.

Simple...

My House - My Rules...

What bullshit!!! It's simply a violation of the First Amendment for the RCC to force their morals on their workers. The Constitution is supposed to protect us from that sort of thing. That particular attitude, when it comes to commerce, has been on the way out for a 100 years. It's in the same arena as safety, you don't get to play with peoples' lives just because they work for you. That may be the libertarian dream, but it's also why you've never seen anyone turn a government over to them.

No one is 'forcing' their morals on anyone. But you are violating our first amendment rights. "Freedom for me, but not for thee" - that is the liberal way.

Freedom for the individual. Since when does the RCC have that standing?

Simple...

My House - My Rules...

What bullshit!!!

Yes, you are bullshit...

It's simply a violation of the First Amendment for the RCC to force their morals on their workers.
That's not what they are doing... NOT providing something against their rules is not forcing morals on them... You are not forced to work for the Catholic church...

Should Muslims be forced to provide bacon cheeseburgers to their employees?

The Constitution is supposed to protect us from that sort of thing. That particular attitude, when it comes to commerce, has been on the way out for a 100 years. It's in the same arena as safety, you don't get to play with peoples' lives just because they work for you. That may be the libertarian dream, but it's also why you've never seen anyone turn a government over to them.
You don't know squat about the Constitution...

Again, the problem is the mandate. If the mandate goes, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

However, the Catholic Church wants preferential treatment. For instance, if the Catholic Church decided to open up a auto-repair shop (with government funding) and then claim that Obamacare violates their rights and therefore should be exempt, should they? The simple answer is no.

If the auto shop is run by the church.... :eusa_whistle:.... don't work for the church if you dont like what they are offering or not offering in terms of benefits.

Don't serve the public using public funds all while violating the Civil Rights Acts.

We're making up the shortfall in funds from our own resources, you ungrateful hack. If it wasn't for us, you'd be paying for it.

But, employees have a choice - don't work for the Church if you want contraceptive cover.

Your messiah promised that to us. We are just demanding that he honor his promise instead of pandering to a bunch of amoral hacks.

Catholic hospitals are private intuitions. No one is forcing anyone to walk into a catholic hospital.... they are more then welcome to go elsewhere for their care.

No one is being discriminated against. They are not offering specific services.

Last edited:
Should Muslims be forced to provide bacon cheeseburgers to their employees? .

No, since the federal mandate is wrong.

However, if all employers who serve the public are forced to obey a BS federal mandate to serve bacon cheeseburgers to their employees, then Muslims should not be exempted.

Force their values? That's a slick Alinsky spin on the situation. The government wants to force the Catholic Church to spend money on programs that are against Church policy. It's like forcing muslem employers to feed pork to their employees.

And this about sums it up.
When it comes to Obie policy, 'diversity' does not apply to Catholics!
The Pope 1
Obie 0

Catholic hospitals are private intuitions. No one is forcing anyone to walk into a catholic hospital.... they are more then welcome to go elsewhere for their care.

No one is being discriminated against. They are no offering specific services.

They are institutions that serve the public.

Play your semantic games all you want, I am not biting.

Apparently, the Catholic church thinks it can deny their non Catholic employees THEIR religious values.

What's next? Lie detector tests to see if their employees are using birth control?

So don't work for them. What's the problem?

For fuck's sake, I am like a broke record player.

Stop serving the public. According the CRA, which was passed by a majority of Republicans, you cannot discriminate employment who serve the public based on religious views.

Not providing something is not a violation of the CRA.... None of the employees are receiving it, so nobody is being discriminated against...

ALL employees are treated equally...

For fuck's sake...

Last edited:
What civil rights are being violated?

That is what I am asking, but have not received an answer.

Your comment was not a question, it was a declaration. Perhaps that's the reason you're not receiving an answer.

Fair enough, and to clear up confusion.

According to the CRA, employers who serve the public cannot discriminate based on religious views. Therefore, arguments that say don't work here don't fly.

What don't you understand about the CRA?

...on their non Catholic employees?

Churches are exempt from the ruling.

However, religious institutions that employ and serve people outside their faith -- hospitals, elementary schools, universities -- have to comply with the requirement to cover birth control if they offer health insurance coverage for employees. That means such Catholic institutions, which employ and serve wide swaths of non-Catholics across the country, will not be exempt, despite church teachings against use of contraception.

Obama Administration's New Contraception Rule Puts Key Catholic Vote at Risk

What gives the Catholic church (or any church, for that matter) the right to force their religious convictions on employees who aren't even catholic?

Who gave you the right to foist your non-religious convictions on us? And since when was anybody forced to be Catholic or work for Catholics?

Good Lord.

That is what I am asking, but have not received an answer.

Your comment was not a question, it was a declaration. Perhaps that's the reason you're not receiving an answer.

Fair enough, and to clear up confusion.

According to the CRA, employers who serve the public cannot discriminate based on religious views. Therefore, arguments that say don't work here don't fly.

What don't you understand about the CRA?

I understand it perfectly. The fact of the matter is that no discrimination is taking place. Everyone employed by the church is being treated the same. That seems to be something you don't understand.

No one is being discriminated against. They are not offering specific services.

They are institutions that serve the public.

Play your semantic games all you want, I am not biting.

Yes, they are institutions that serve the public.... within the limitation of the religion that it is offered. If someone wants to work for them... or avail themselves of the serves that are offered.... woohoo. If you want something else that is not offered.... go elsewhere to get it.

Forum List

Back