Since when does the Catholic Church have the right to force their religious values...

That is what I am asking, but have not received an answer.

Your comment was not a question, it was a declaration. Perhaps that's the reason you're not receiving an answer.

Fair enough, and to clear up confusion.

According to the CRA, employers who serve the public cannot discriminate based on religious views. Therefore, arguments that say don't work here don't fly.

What don't you understand about the CRA?

You apparently don't understand the definition of discrimination...

All employees are being treated with the same rules...

So don't work for them. What's the problem?

For fuck's sake, I am like a broke record player.

Stop serving the public. According the CRA, which was passed by a majority of Republicans, you cannot discriminate employment who serve the public based on religious views.

Not providing something is not a violation of the CRA.... None of the employees are receiving is, so nobody is being discriminated against...

ALL employees are treated equally...

For fuck's sake...

All this hullabaloo is about treating employees equally. Catholics who run secular organizations want preferential treatments and not to be treated equally.

You are not arguing for equally, but for preferential treatment. Hence, this ruckus.

Last edited:
Prediction: The Catholic Church will drop all health insurance for employees.

I would support this, but for different reasons. Not because of their fabricated hysteria of their rights being violated, but because the federal mandate is wrong.

For fuck's sake, I am like a broke record player.

Stop serving the public. According the CRA, which was passed by a majority of Republicans, you cannot discriminate employment who serve the public based on religious views.

Not providing something is not a violation of the CRA.... None of the employees are receiving is, so nobody is being discriminated against...

For fuck's sake...

All this hullabaloo is about treating employees equally. Catholics who run secular organizations want preferential treatments and not be treated equally.

You are not arguing for equally, but for preferential treatment. Hence, this ruckus.

You are failing... Badly...

If the church was giving certain groups a tangible item or benefit and excluding others, then you'd have a case...

NOT providing something to ALL employees is NOT discrimination...

You can play all the word games you like, but we'll just laugh at you...

I would support this, but for different reasons. Not because of their fabricated hysteria of their rights being violated, but because the federal mandate is wrong.

Fabricated hysteria? Hey, I'm not Catholic but why should they (a) be forced to offer a product, (b) be forced to offer a product that provides services that are specifically banned by their beliefs?

For fuck's sake...

All this hullabaloo is about treating employees equally. Catholics who run secular organizations want preferential treatments and not be treated equally.

If the church was giving certain groups a tangible item or benefit and excluding others, then you'd have a case...

The Church is exempt from the mandate.

Please show me where Obamacare is forcing Catholic priests to provide birth control for nuns?

Fabricated hysteria? Hey, I'm not Catholic but why should they (a) be forced to offer a product, (b) be forced to offer a product that provides services that are specifically banned by their beliefs?

The Catholic Church is exempt, but that does not give Catholics the right to open up a business, get state aid, serve the public, and then proclaim that their freedoms are being violated over Obamacare.

What your argument is claiming is that Christian Scientists who open up a tanning salon, who serve the public, and hire Non Christian Scientists should be exempt from offering insulin coverage to their diabetic employee via the mandate since it goes against their religious views.

Please show me where Obamacare is forcing Catholic priests to provide birth control for nuns?

First, you have to tell me how NOT providing somethig to ANY employee is discrimination...

Show your work...

First, you have to tell me how NOT providing somethig to ANY employee is discrimination...

Show your work...

I have said numerous times times that I am against the mandate.

Try literacy.

The Catholic Church is exempt, but that does not give Catholics the right to open up a business, get state aid, serve the public, and then proclaim that their freedoms are being violated over Obamacare.

What your argument is claiming is that Christian Scientists who open up a tanning salon, who serve the public, and hire Non Christian Scientists should be exempt from offering insulin coverage to their diabetic employee via the mandate.

I agree... a private person running a business... is NOT the church... and they are out of luck.

A catholic hospital.... is run by the church.

What your argument is claiming is that Christian Scientists who open up a tanning salon, who serve the public, and hire Non Christian Scientists should be exempt from offering insulin coverage to their diabetic employee via the mandate.

I agree... a private person running a business... is NOT the church... and they are out of luck.

No, it is not. It receives state aid, is open to the public, and hires non-Catholic.

Stop serving the public, stop taking state aid, and stop hiring non-Catholics and then I will agree with you.

Show your work...

Try literacy.

Who the fuck cares if you are against the mandate?

This is not discrimination, no matter how badly you want it to be...

You're right - you're a broken record...

Show your work...

Try literacy.

You want preferential treatment, not equal treatment.

No matter how many times I say this, it doesn't sink in.

No, it is not.
Yes, it is run by the church...

It receives state aid, is open to the public, and hires non-Catholic.
So what? All employees are treated equally...

Stop serving the public, stop taking state aid, and stop hiring non-Catholics and then I will agree with you.
Yes, that'll save lives... Only treat Catholics...

:cuckoo:

Try literacy.

You want preferential treatment, not equal treatment.

No matter how many times I say this, it doesn't sink in.

Thankfully, freedom of religion is still :thup: with the government...

At least you are abandoning the silly CRA bullshit...

No, it is not. It receives state aid, is open to the public, and hires non-Catholic.

It is open to the public... the public can avail themselves of the service...or not. Their choice. No one is forcing them to go into a catholic hospital.

Not hiring someone biased on their religious beliefs...is discrimination. They are not discriminating against anyone.

The state is more then welcome to pull funding.... and the church will still run the hospital. It will still be a church run institution.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back