Sin!

Azrael

Jan 31, 2012
I would like to know every ones point of view about sin.
If your an atheist or agnostic, then just say so and tell me about your morale beliefs and if you think religions have caused you to feel that way.

First is there an ultimate unforgivable sin and what do you think it is?
Second will God forgive any sin and by what means, does she use Jesus, sacrifices, or some other method? If there are any Muslims out there how do you think God forgives your Sin?
Third, What are the most important rules or commandments you believe God wants us to obey?
Fourth, Is God all lovey dovey or does she have a dark side, in other words can she be wrathful or do you blame all that "bad stuff" on the devil? If blamed on the devil why then would God allow that, didn't God create the universe isn't she all knowing? If she knew the devil was going to rebel then why did she still create him?
Lastly how do YOU define SIN? No dictionaries put it in your own words.

I will try to be one of the last people to answer my own questions as I do not want my answers to have any effect on what any one else says.

1. The only unforgivable sin that I know of is blaspheming the Holy Spirit.
2. Yes, God forgives sin. The means is through the blood of Christ. God is male. Wisdom is female though.
3. The first one.
4. We are made in His image. Since we don't look like him, that means we are similar emotionally. He can be happy, sad, disappointed, angry, well pleased. The book of Revelation describes His wrath in detail. He's no shrinking violet.
He started dropping people like flies in a disgruntled group that went after Moses. He opened the earth and it swallowed a whole bunch of Jews involved in the golden calf fiasco.
He knew Lucifer would rebel, and attack His children. He also devised a plan to redeem us. And free will let's God know we had a choice and chose Him.
5. Sin: That which separates us from God.

2. Yes, God forgives sin. The means is through the blood of Christ. God is male. Wisdom is female though.
3. The first one.
4. We are made in His image. Since we don't look like him, that means we are similar emotionally. He can be happy, sad, disappointed, angry, well pleased. The book of Revelation describes His wrath in detail. He's no shrinking violet.
He started dropping people like flies in a disgruntled group that went after Moses. He opened the earth and it swallowed a whole bunch of Jews involved in the golden calf fiasco.
He knew Lucifer would rebel, and attack His children. He also devised a plan to redeem us. And free will let's God know we had a choice and chose Him.

And what would you classify blasphemy as?

3. The first one.

And what would you classify blasphemy as?
Knowing the Holy Spirit and then making a conscious decision to go in the opposite direction.

Last edited:
Sin, like love, is in the eye of the beholder. Law is created to ensure 'normal' behavior, and since normal is as normal does, the law must be dynamic and change with the times.

The reward for all is the same: Death.

Sin, like love, is in the eye of the beholder. Law is created to ensure 'normal' behavior, and since normal is as normal does, the law must be dynamic and change with the times.

Law may be dynamic and change with the times, which is a reason not to put your faith in Government or it's lawmakers.
Yesterday, the law was marriage is between a man and a woman. Today, 2 men can marry. Tomorrow, a man and his sheep..........

God, on the other hand, is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He is constant and what he considered sin yesterday, remains a sin today and tomorrow.

The reward for one is death. The reward for the other is eternal life. Choose wisely. :)

Law may be dynamic and change with the times, which is a reason not to put your faith in Government or it's lawmakers.
Yesterday, the law was marriage is between a man and a woman. Today, 2 men can marry. Tomorrow, a man and his sheep..........

God, on the other hand, is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He is constant and what he considered sin yesterday, remains a sin today and tomorrow.

The reward for one is death. The reward for the other is eternal life. Choose wisely. :)

In some states, marriage between a farmer and his animals were allowed. So that is not the marriage of tommorow--but the marriages of YESTERDAY.

Tommorow, man marry man or woman marry woman will be the case.

Oh, am I suppose to answer the opinion?

OK--First let us start with where my concept of morality comes from.

It is a conglomerate of Southern Methodist teachings, plus any philosophy, mythology and theological readings and lessons I can get my hands on and decipher into social practice and/or understanding.

Most of the information I have focused on tends to concern

1)People placed into desperate circumstances and how not to create one. This has a major effect on how I treat people. Understand, I call a desperate situation a situation in which a conflict of interest is present in one or more of the individuals, and that conflict usually causes major behavior changes.

A simple "desperate situation" is asking a person if they are part of your religion or any religion. They may lie so that you will not think ill of them. Some people think this is a weakness, but it is actually good social sense to lie in these situations especially if you do not wish to cause unnecessary conflict with others.

2)Treatment of people by other members of society and the reasons why.

3(Currently, a major focus of mine) The value of actual Truth to man. Better phrased as "How much actual Truth does man need to know?" So far my answers is "not much"!

There are other issues that shape my concepts of morality, but the above tends to be topics I keep coming back to.

Maybe the question should have been answered in a different way. But I guess telling you the topics I focus on as I studymorality is probably the best I can do.

I would like to know every ones point of view about sin.
If your an atheist or agnostic, then just say so and tell me about your morale beliefs and if you think religions have caused you to feel that way.

First is there an ultimate unforgivable sin and what do you think it is?
Second will God forgive any sin and by what means, does she use Jesus, sacrifices, or some other method? If there are any Muslims out there how do you think God forgives your Sin?
Third, What are the most important rules or commandments you believe God wants us to obey?
Fourth, Is God all lovey dovey or does she have a dark side, in other words can she be wrathful or do you blame all that "bad stuff" on the devil? If blamed on the devil why then would God allow that, didn't God create the universe isn't she all knowing? If she knew the devil was going to rebel then why did she still create him?
Lastly how do YOU define SIN? No dictionaries put it in your own words.

I will try to be one of the last people to answer my own questions as I do not want my answers to have any effect on what any one else says.
The one unforgivable sin is denying the Holy Spirit. He, God, will punish sin accordingly.

Forum List

Back