Sick and Tired of this N-Word Stuff...

and if they don't change the behavior that I want them to change ?

If someone does not receive your correction then I suggest
1. make sure you demonstrate you are equally making corrections on your side, so that you are addressing each other with respect as equals. the competitive attitude often divides people and causes changes to be blocked.
2. asking the help of peers of this person, or someone you mutually trust and respect, to sit down with both of you and try to address what is the problem so it doesn't keep obstructing the relationship between you. Again if your purpose is "one way" only to address them from your viewpoint, and not reciprocate, that dynamic can cause obstruction or resistance. But bringing in some common support can alleviate this.
3. in cases where people are not ready to change, or they are under some third party influence such as an institution or religion that you are not a part of or don't respect or have connection with, then just work on yourself, work on what YOU can change so these problems don't happen in the world. Sometimes that is the most you can do.

Insetad of projecting the need for change on someone else who is not ready or receptive, that same energy can be used and directed elsewhere for more productive benefit!

Believe me, for each of us to adjust how we deal with life and conflicts ourselves, is a full-time job. There is enough work to do, on our side alone without messing with anyone else, to keep us busy for the rest of our lives!

The beauty of this is that it does more to influence change in others, the more we work on ourselves. We make it safe and respectable for others as a good example of why improving ourselves and our relations is so important! We start with ourselves and we work outward from there. When we do this, other people catch on and do it more too!

http://www.houstonprogressive.org/CHRguide.html
Here are some more tips on this from some friends of mine with a nonprofit group that works on facilitating forums and training on constructive dialogue and sharing.

:cuckoo:
Than it is the right of that person who you called a n*gger to knock you the fuck out if he or she sees fit.:cool:

I think its hilarious when "anti racist" people say things like this. Telling us if we use the word "ni**er some black guy will knock us out.
Let me ask you this. Given the FACT that most negroes would react with violence for someone just using a simple word, doesnt that pretty much justify racism towards that group? Personally, I dont want a group of people who respond with violence just because someone says a word, anywhere near me or my family.

Your not making any fucking sense, you expect to able to use crude and offensive language towards someone and have them do nothing? so if you go up to a white person and use offensive language against them they will smile and thank you right? and of course you are ok with people who use foul words like n*gger around you and your family right? what the fuck ever.:cuckoo:

Sticks and stones.........

Grow the fuck up!

I think its hilarious when "anti racist" people say things like this. Telling us if we use the word "ni**er some black guy will knock us out.
Let me ask you this. Given the FACT that most negroes would react with violence for someone just using a simple word, doesnt that pretty much justify racism towards that group? Personally, I dont want a group of people who respond with violence just because someone says a word, anywhere near me or my family.

Your not making any fucking sense, you expect to able to use crude and offensive language towards someone and have them do nothing? so if you go up to a white person and use offensive language against them they will smile and thank you right? and of course you are ok with people who use foul words like n*gger around you and your family right? what the fuck ever.:cuckoo:

Grow the fuck up!

Grow the fuck up!

Your concession is duly noted.

By the way, the word ****** only has power if you give or allow it to have power. It's just a word, nothing more.

Last edited:
and if they don't change the behavior that I want them to change ?

If someone does not receive your correction then I suggest
1. make sure you demonstrate you are equally making corrections on your side, so that you are addressing each other with respect as equals. the competitive attitude often divides people and causes changes to be blocked.
2. asking the help of peers of this person, or someone you mutually trust and respect, to sit down with both of you and try to address what is the problem so it doesn't keep obstructing the relationship between you. Again if your purpose is "one way" only to address them from your viewpoint, and not reciprocate, that dynamic can cause obstruction or resistance. But bringing in some common support can alleviate this.
3. in cases where people are not ready to change, or they are under some third party influence such as an institution or religion that you are not a part of or don't respect or have connection with, then just work on yourself, work on what YOU can change so these problems don't happen in the world. Sometimes that is the most you can do.

Insetad of projecting the need for change on someone else who is not ready or receptive, that same energy can be used and directed elsewhere for more productive benefit!

Believe me, for each of us to adjust how we deal with life and conflicts ourselves, is a full-time job. There is enough work to do, on our side alone without messing with anyone else, to keep us busy for the rest of our lives!

The beauty of this is that it does more to influence change in others, the more we work on ourselves. We make it safe and respectable for others as a good example of why improving ourselves and our relations is so important! We start with ourselves and we work outward from there. When we do this, other people catch on and do it more too!

http://www.houstonprogressive.org/CHRguide.html
Here are some more tips on this from some friends of mine with a nonprofit group that works on facilitating forums and training on constructive dialogue and sharing.

Working on ourselves sounds like a great idea. Expecting the world to change because it offends me is selfish, intolerant, creates more resentment and always eventually fails.
Taking responsibilty is the first step. If people won't do that then you can toss your forums and training sessions out the window.

Than it is the right of that person who you called a n*gger to knock you the fuck out if he or she sees fit.:cool:

Truly a stupid comment.

Your whole thread is fucking stupid to begin with.

Let's review.

1. The thread gave an example of a stupid, and what might be considered to be racist rant by a young lady.

2. I then provided what I see as an appropriate response, i.e., shredding the said rant in a humorous fashion.

3. You, instead, have injected an erroneous thrust i.e., that I and those who agreed with me have the desire to use the offensive language as in #1 above.

4. One who is more intelligent, less emotionally involved, and/or more honest would not have left out recognition of #2 above, again, my reponse to #1, as dispositive. It certainly defeats your point.

5. You, having created a bogus and dishonest sub-thread, i.e.. that I intend, or usually, or desire to use said offensive diatribes, went on to introduce some violent response as appropriate and even warrented.

6. Finally, you have concluded that "Your whole thread is fucking stupid to begin with..."
a. one might see the unintentional humor in the vulgar language that you choose.

b. why you have added more posts in this thread than anyone else, including the thread's author, if you find it to be as you post. Ironic?

In conclusion, I'm going to suggest that if you look at your posts at some future time, you will see that, for the most part, they are juvenile and, even outré.

This is the first time that I have found your posts to be as hostile and poorly thought out, so I'm going to chalk them up to the kind of bad day all of us have at one time or another.
At least I hope that is the explanation.

:cool:

Classic----hate the ****** word but you have no problem telling someone they started a " fucking stupid" thread.

She called my post stupid when her whole thread was indeed stupid, like I was telling you earlier if you want to dish it out, expect to get it back in return.:cool:

I have no problem with you insulting me if I insult you. Thinking you're justified to beat the shit out of me is a different story.

Truly a stupid comment.

Let's review.

1. The thread gave an example of a stupid, and what might be considered to be racist rant by a young lady.

2. I then provided what I see as an appropriate response, i.e., shredding the said rant in a humorous fashion.

3. You, instead, have injected an erroneous thrust i.e., that I and those who agreed with me have the desire to use the offensive language as in #1 above.

4. One who is more intelligent, less emotionally involved, and/or more honest would not have left out recognition of #2 above, again, my reponse to #1, as dispositive. It certainly defeats your point.

5. You, having created a bogus and dishonest sub-thread, i.e.. that I intend, or usually, or desire to use said offensive diatribes, went on to introduce some violent response as appropriate and even warrented.

6. Finally, you have concluded that "Your whole thread is fucking stupid to begin with..."
a. one might see the unintentional humor in the vulgar language that you choose.

b. why you have added more posts in this thread than anyone else, including the thread's author, if you find it to be as you post. Ironic?

In conclusion, I'm going to suggest that if you look at your posts at some future time, you will see that, for the most part, they are juvenile and, even outré.

This is the first time that I have found your posts to be as hostile and poorly thought out, so I'm going to chalk them up to the kind of bad day all of us have at one time or another.
At least I hope that is the explanation.

I also usually agree with your posts and threads usually, this is the first time I have seen one that made no damn sense and was out of left field. Maybe your right and this is an off day for both of us.

:cool:
Classic----hate the ****** word but you have no problem telling someone they started a " fucking stupid" thread.

She called my post stupid when her whole thread was indeed stupid, like I was telling you earlier if you want to dish it out, expect to get it back in return.:cool:

I have no problem with you insulting me if I insult you. Thinking you're justified to beat the shit out of me is a different story.

I'm not saying it is justified and I'm not talking about me per say, but it does happen. Don't know what to tell you, people don't take kindly to crude and vulgar insults.

I went to college with a lot of Asian Americans and didn't notice their families around anymore than white, black or latino kids.

On their cell phones in the library. Yep an extremely annoying thing, HOWEVER, every race, age and religion is guilty of this! I hadn't seen Asians more guilty of this any one else.

Amazing ignorance!

Forum List

Back